test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There is one dev that plays with a TR?

anjo#8313 anjo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I would like to know if there is any dev that actually plays like a TR, because the changes in mod 16 preview server have too many nosense things. What will be the purpose of this class to you? I can't see why people even would call a TR to theyr dungeon groups on this new mod. Put SoD on throwingknife path? Remove duelist and danzing strike from the path that has SoD ? But why?

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Developer playing the game... is virtually unheard of in D&D. TRs are not the only ones with skill sets broken up across the paragon paths. My wizards have some issues to figure out as well. I used Disintegrate, Steal Time, and Icy Terrain on one of my builds. Now Icy Terrain belongs to the Thaumaturge and the other 2 are property of the Arcanist. I use this time, in the weeks ahead, to work out what I will need for each new build. I also have 2 TRs myself and will start pondering their builds this weekend. The worse I ran into so far, is my cleric. TAB no longer gives him his divinity power beam I loved so much. :cry: Now I hold TAB key and he curls up in the fetal position and cries. I don't know exactly how that effects the enemy, maybe they are suppose to feel sorry for him? I have been in chat with others who have issues with their new builds. While I don't have a Paladin, they suffer from a lack of bubble?

Over all I was impressed by my TR's companion. The epic wizard took on several mobs and didn't die, what I found impressive was, I forgot to equip him after reworking my build. Yes, naked companion laying waste to all who dare cross his path is pretty awesome.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There are several devs who have stated on various live streams that say they play TR. If I remember correctly, I believe Thomas Foss (MimicKing) plays TR? I can't remember for sure.

The devs do play, contrary to popular belief. They just don't make their personal accounts known because that would completely ruin the experience for them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • anjo#8313 anjo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Well, if they play they are really really bad at it
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Yeah, because it is really easy to tell IF someone does something of which you have no proof of, they obviously are really really bad at it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • anjo#8313 anjo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Yeah, because it is really easy to tell IF someone does something of which you have no proof of, they obviously are really really bad at it.

The proof is how they rearrenged the power, it was not obvious enough that I"m telling this? o.O
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    anjo#8313 said:

greywynd said:

The proof is how they rearrenged the power, it was not obvious enough that I"m telling this? o.O
    If they put all the "good" powers only in one path, that will lead to the exact same cookie cutter complaint that we now have. While I personally have the same lack of faith in how many Devs really hardcore play a TR, I can see why they would scatter the powers as they have.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    kreatyve said:

There are several devs who have stated on various live streams that say they play TR. If I remember correctly, I believe Thomas Foss (MimicKing) plays TR? I can't remember for sure.

The devs do play, contrary to popular belief. They just don't make their personal accounts known because that would completely ruin the experience for them.

thomas foss plays fighter his favorite class is fighter, I like him a lot as a lead dev, i think he is cool so i know to much about him rofl, and he plays dwarf just like me!
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Plainly none of the devs plays HR either, but that's always seemed to be the case.
  • zombierox#1278 zombierox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    kvet said:

Foss plays a Dwarf Fighter (GF)

ahh I see .... lemme guess he is one of those type of GFs who never marked or dont know how to generate threat ? lol
    I meet those everyday while pugging in CN ...

No wonder GF's best threat generating tool to pull aggro is gone ;)
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    anjo#8313 said:

I would like to know if there is any dev that actually plays like a TR, because the changes in mod 16 preview server have too many nosense things. What will be the purpose of this class to you? I can't see why people even would call a TR to theyr dungeon groups on this new mod. Put SoD on throwingknife path? Remove duelist and danzing strike from the path that has SoD ? But why?

@terramak does, if "Build Producer/Goal Setter" is close enough to dev for you.

kvet said:

Foss plays a Dwarf Fighter (GF)

ahh I see .... lemme guess he is one of those type of GFs who never marked or dont know how to generate threat ? lol
    I meet those everyday while pugging in CN ...

No wonder GF's best threat generating tool to pull aggro is gone ;)
    That was the worst nerf to GF: not being able to roast poor players for failing a basic duty.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Developer playing the game... is virtually unheard of in D&D. TRs are not the only ones with skill sets broken up across the paragon paths. My wizards have some issues to figure out as well. I used Disintegrate, Steal Time, and Icy Terrain on one of my builds. Now Icy Terrain belongs to the Thaumaturge and the other 2 are property of the Arcanist. I use this time, in the weeks ahead, to work out what I will need for each new build. I also have 2 TRs myself and will start pondering their builds this weekend. The worse I ran into so far, is my cleric. TAB no longer gives him his divinity power beam I loved so much. :cry: Now I hold TAB key and he curls up in the fetal position and cries. I don't know exactly how that effects the enemy, maybe they are suppose to feel sorry for him? I have been in chat with others who have issues with their new builds. While I don't have a Paladin, they suffer from a lack of bubble?

Over all I was impressed by my TR's companion. The epic wizard took on several mobs and didn't die, what I found impressive was, I forgot to equip him after reworking my build. Yes, naked companion laying waste to all who dare cross his path is pretty awesome.

Who could attack that. You'd have to be a monster.... Oh, wait... Nevermind!
    Post edited by wintersmoke on
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    The older Dev. team members played a lot, the current ones do but barely talk about it and I'd imagine do so far less. There was a point once where no-one in the community knew more than the Devs. did about the game.

TR was never really a class any of them played at any point.