test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dread Enchantment Re-work for Mod 16

nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
With crit capped at 50%, it's gonna need an overhaul to be competitive.
Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW

Comments

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Same goes for Vorpal.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Critic is capped at 50% for stats, but we don't know (At least it's not clear) if it's will be possible to be at 100% with special skill like:

Eye of the storm for wizard
    and
    Stealth for rogue
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Critic is capped at 50% for stats, but we don't know (At least it's not clear) if it's will be possible to be at 100% with special skill like:

and
    Stealth for rogue

No, Crit is not capped at 50% for stats. It is capped at 50% for usage. You can have 80% crit as stat but only 50% is allowed to use. Why do you need more than 50% as stat? It is because mob has crit avoidance. Say, they have 30% Crit avoidance. If you have only 50% crit, you can only do 20% crit against them. If you have 80% crit in stat, you can apply the max 50% crit against them.

No, I don't think you can do more than 50% crit (as usage) in the new mod.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User

Probably you are right, but I had some hope that 100% critic could be possible with special skill like Eye of the storm.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    If the are capping it, I agree, both could use some work.. as both have severe limitations otherwise.

I feel bad, I have both.. my cw uses dread now.. in the new mod it will be worthless..

My only other enchant I can use really is a equally worthless unpar lightning ..

no one will buy either.. both will drop down to nothing. Sigh.

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

If the are capping it, I agree, both could use some work.. as both have severe limitations otherwise.

I feel bad, I have both.. my cw uses dread now.. in the new mod it will be worthless..

My only other enchant I can use really is a equally worthless unpar lightning ..

no one will buy either.. both will drop down to nothing. Sigh.

It would seem as if lightning would become *very* valuable since the game is removing recovery.....but we just don't know yet until it hits preview.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

and
    Stealth for rogue

If EotS becomes the thing, like it was back in MOD3, then it will be extremely good to see it.

However, I do not believe that it will be like that as it might give a very reasonable upper hand to all CW's around and would still make them a melee fighter being constantly in danger rather than to shoot from afar and leave fighters and tanks in the front with a healer next to you.

Back then we had strategy, of course. It was like this

1tr on boss. TR avoids most of boss attacks and deals tremendous CRIT damage. Tank messes with harder mobs around and pulls them in circles until GWF kills them all and CW controls them as much as possible. Each 1/3 of Boss HP being dropped, all extra units would be killed asap (archers, mages etc) because they had a very high piercing damage that would potentially kill the rest of the pt if left alone.
    One healer healed tank and another spot was left either for one more controller or healer or dps in general.

I think that new mod wants to go towards that ye olde concept a bit more, and thus put a final nail on the MOD6 mistakes they did back then, but also fix what was wrong circa MOD4.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User

Probably you are right, but I had some hope that 100% critic could be possible with special skill like Eye of the storm.
    I assume crit that happens regardless what the crit stat is can be 100% such as TR in stealth mode.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***