test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.105.20181121b.23

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11091863

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    "Merchant Prince's Folly: When the inner courtyard is secure, the player is no longer repeatedly told that they are needed outside."

This must be very important since we are repeatedly told it is changed (3 times). May be this is part of the "fun" of this issue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    i got a chuckle out of that...and will be glad not to hear it as much anymore
  • mickyce#8848 mickyce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    "Tenser's Floating Disk: The Epic version of this mount from the Acquired Treasure Lockbox now properly gives +2000 Recovery, down from +4000.
    Note: Players who had gained the +4000 version prior to this update should retain that version."

Now there will be players with the same mount but with different statistics you do not know why.
    excellent choice, in fact now in AH is 4 million .... no comment

every day a reason to stop playing neverwinter.
    It is true that I come from games where it is rare to find bugs and I will be well used, but here it is really exaggerating.

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

Now there will be players with the same mount but with different statistics you do not know why.

With the new mount system, bonuses are no longer bound to the mounts but to the player, I guess this is the reason why the dev team cannot modify the bonus gained.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 130 Arc User

i got a chuckle out of that...and will be glad not to hear it as much anymore

Me too. I love the sense of humor we see in these notes sometimes. This one especially made me lol.
    percemer said:

With the new mount system, bonuses are no longer bound to the mounts but to the player, I guess this is the reason why the dev team cannot modify the bonus gained.
    in this way the game remains "drugged". Those already equipped remain 4k recovery, but the packages that remain in AH remain 4k recovery?
    Price salt and game more and more "drugged"

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Gawd. Calm down, it's not a huge deal. If they thought this was game breaking they would have fixed it. Probably it's simply that fixing items already in-game retroactively requires more work than they considered worth it since this isn't that major of a thing. Move on...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I doubt there are many +4k recovery Tenser disks out in the field - and it is definitely not anything othervise unobtainable (we have other mounts with +4k stats at our disposal).
    So I like the solution - fix the mistake for future and don't needlesly anger anyone who spend his precious AD on AH for it.
    yes the other +4k are the legends...15kk AD and this 1,5kk for the players who bought the package before the patch. NOw 5kk AD.
    No sense.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    It makes perfect sense, it was inexpensive because people expected it to be fixed and it's epic so it's not typically worth that much. Now, knowing the +4k on those particular mounts is permanent, it makes them valuable.

I don't think you're upset because this is bad for the game. I think you're just annoyed that you weren't able to take advantage of this yourself and are just QQing on the forums about it. It happened, it's not changing, and it's really no big deal at all.

if I wanted to, I would buy it. And yes, it's bad for the game because it does not make things the same for everyone
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Again LAGVENT
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    please tell me 1 event lag and I want to have fun without any bug.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    > @kvet said:
    > It makes perfect sense, it was inexpensive because people expected it to be fixed and it's epic so it's not typically worth that much. Now, knowing the +4k on those particular mounts is permanent, it makes them valuable.
    >
    > I don't think you're upset because this is bad for the game. I think you're just annoyed that you weren't able to take advantage of this yourself and are just QQing on the forums about it. It happened, it's not changing, and it's really no big deal at all.

What you don't understand is that the real problem is the enduring feeling that players who take advantage of bugs in Neverwinter can always keep their ill-gotten gains while those who didn't know about it are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was the first time that kind of decision had been taken but this has already happened repeatedly before with fixes favoring exploiters most of the time.

I know it won't be easy to do but those 4k bonuses need to be tracked down and replaced by 2k ones.

Otherwise you just add to the prejudice that Neverwinter favors exploiters.
    artifleur said:

> @kvet said:

> It makes perfect sense, it was inexpensive because people expected it to be fixed and it's epic so it's not typically worth that much. Now, knowing the +4k on those particular mounts is permanent, it makes them valuable.

>

> I don't think you're upset because this is bad for the game. I think you're just annoyed that you weren't able to take advantage of this yourself and are just QQing on the forums about it. It happened, it's not changing, and it's really no big deal at all.

What you don't understand is that the real problem is the enduring feeling that players who take advantage of bugs in Neverwinter can always keep their ill-gotten gains while those who didn't know about it are HAMSTER.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was the first time that kind of decision had been taken but this has already happened repeatedly before with fixes favoring exploiters most of the time.

I know it won't be easy to do but those 4k bonuses need to be tracked down and replaced by 2k ones.

Otherwise you just add to the prejudice that Neverwinter favors exploiters.

not to mention the fact that there are people who may have spent the money to buy the 4k mount and then see people who have had a bug to get it.
    at this point it was enough to leave it 4k forever or bring it to 2k for ALL.