test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plea. "cant summon companion when in combat"

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
Ok, i personally have no issues with the mechanic, except for the fact that with so many bugs around companions and even worse in certain dungeons, it gets abit ridiculous. Instead of working to fix each companion. why not make them summonable during combat? that would fix most of the companion combat issues. It's known that some dungeons, like fbi, msp (rarely but still happens), tong (ras nsi, not only after the fight, sometimes during the fight), cradle, castle ravenloft, companions tend to fall off the platform. In castle ravenloft the one i've been getting too frequently is my chultan tiger just standing there, running around, not hitting, therefore no bondings. This normally happens if you switch loadouts, die during boss fight or whatever causes it. But yes i often see my tiger just there watching me and refusing to attack. If this had to do with skill or mechanic, no problem, but its not the case, its just bugs, and this is a game where companions play a major role. Not saying you should work on this tomorro or next mod, but atleast think it through and maybe add to your mid-term schedule.
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    There needs to be some incentive to use an augment in particular fights.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Most of the time i have no problem with timing but to loose a huge debuff hurts my pinkie finger, if you have hold the block close to 30 min.
    Are you saying you hold your GF shield up for 30 minutes during the Turtle Fight in FBI?

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

Would be nice, if you could expain a bit. For me it's expensive enough to max out bondings, why should i max out another 3 profane or empowered?
    Originally there was a balance between augments and bondings, bondings were better, but you were not able to rely on active companions being up, it took much longer for them to self res. Now bondings are just flat out better almost all the time. There are some interesting augments, but they're just worse by so much that they're not worth using atm. Giving people reasons to use them is not imo a bad thing.
  • curseandracurseandra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Someone mentioned the Turtle boss- often it seems the Tiger companion would rather chase a rune into the frigid water and perish than remain useful, alive and on the island. The good news is that you can resummon companions there if you time it just right- you will find yourself out of combat for a few seconds just before the Turtle emerges after being struck by a rune...