test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are we testing for console releases?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Seriously - the last few months; AI campaign, Winterfest Fishing Fiasco, CTA fiasco, Lantern Event mini-fiasco [and probably more stuff I have forgotten about] it all feels like we are testing stuff and finding bugs and problems with events that probably should have been seen/found before going live.

As the console market is MASSIVE and the PC Neverwinter market relatively small [from gossipy rumours] could it be we are just testing stuff before it launches on console?

Comments

• undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Coming from Xbox we get our share of bugs. So I doubt that is the case.

I would rather say that this is what you get when the people behind NW keeps reducing the budget, to funnel funds into their other games. At least, from my end, it looks like that is what is happening.

I won't believe that the dev. team on NW is the fault of all this. No one is that stupid.... right?
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Coming from Xbox we get our share of bugs. So I doubt that is the case.

I would rather say that this is what you get when the people behind NW keeps reducing the budget, to funnel funds into their other games. At least, from my end, it looks like that is what is happening.

I won't believe that the dev. team on NW is the fault of all this. No one is that stupid.... right?

3 patches to make a simple counter work. Nothing more to say
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Coming from XB side, the winterfest and now the feast bugs were released to us just the same as they were to PC since the events came out at the same time.

But yes, normally I refer to PC as the testing ground for mod releases ;)

In all seriousness though, calling PC the testing ground for console would imply that bugs would be fixed before console release. We all know that's not true. So in turn I guess I can't refer to PC as the test environment anymore.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    The majority and the biggest bugs will be found and fixed on PC before the consoles get the release.
    That does not mean there are some bugs left for the consoles to find.

It makes sense to have PC as lead platform, since it is so much easier to patch on PC.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    i wouldnt say with 100% yes pc is the testin ground for console (being a ps4 player myself) but from wht ive seen it does seem like pc is the main testing ground in that they find most of the bugs on pc an strt wrking on/fix b4 console gets whtevr it is an if it isnt fixed by console relase smehtin like "we are aware" comes in line and then console finds any bugs pc players didnt (at least for the stuff that pc gets before console anyways).... wht it seems like to me anyways......