test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Acorns? Are you getting yours?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Ok so I finished the AI boons [what an awful mod!] and have run the Bank Heist a few times [maybe 20-30] and haven't been back to any of the content since the boons were completed.

So here are my questions:

1 - has anyone had any decent loot drop from the Bank Heist, IS there any decent loot drop from the bank heist?
2 - Is anyone farming Acorns for the Bank Heist Chest key [see question above]
3 - Is anyone farming Acorns for any of the other keys? [Webbed etc] to open second chests in some epic dungeons?

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I have a issue, as in you can unlock the hiest with one toon, but ANY toon you may want to run an dget the chest, you have to finish the campaign with anyways.. really annoying. You cant buy keys otherwise.

As far as I know there is some semi useful pants or something.. or shirt.. i dont remember.. some sort of goldfish comp.. (worthless) but funny looking.

No, its not really a huge thing to worry about from my memory. But still , having it unlocked but gating the key on finishing the campaigns.. really sucky.. this should be changed for at least this campaign.

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I have yet to finish the campaign. I and my wife can only stomach running it about once every three weeks or so. I don't think we even started it in November at all. If we did, it was just that stupid job fair quest.
  • Options
    inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I have yet to finish as well. My husband and i really dislike it. Usually when a new mod drops we finish it quickly on our mains. AI though, well like nunya said once every few weeks is all we can stand. Will not be farming acorns for keys.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The AI campaign is an insane timesink. Once you unlock all six quests, you still have to do them for more two weeks to unlock the heist. Then you have to do all six quests for another five or six weeks for all the boons. Unless you want to keep running back every hour to do the 5 acorn document quest. Makes me pine for the days of STK/SOMI dailies. I wonder what the retention rate is for new players they attracted with this mod.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It is not the best mod but it is ok...

I have always gotten my acorns.

The prize items are not to my likings and I wish they would add an AD buy to the list.
  • Options
    prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I'm glad to read this now. I've been going up the campaign chain and I'm already getting sick of doing the same inane quests over and over. I was wondering if there's really anything at the end of this morass.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    prethen said:

I'm glad to read this now. I've been going up the campaign chain and I'm already getting sick of doing the same inane quests over and over. I was wondering if there's really anything at the end of this morass.

One r14 in the middle and boons in the end.
    I already 'integrated' the effort to my weekly routines. This is more or less the same as other campaigns in the past. i.e. do it again and again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

prethen said:

I already 'integrated' the effort to my weekly routines. This is more or less the same as other campaigns in the past. i.e. do it again and again.
    Yeah but in all honesty running th ebasememnt quest 17 times per week? That has to be a new high point in MMO repetitive grindfest scores.

Maybe there is a secret MMO developers club where the devs sit and lol at players and discuss the next grind fest they are going to release on their addicts customers and see who can come up with the way to make players do the same thing the most times over and over again... sometimes I wonder if I have died and Neverwinter is actually Hell...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited January 2019

prethen said:

Yeah but in all honesty running th ebasememnt quest 17 times per week? That has to be a new high point in MMO repetitive grindfest scores.

Maybe there is a secret MMO developers club where the devs sit and lol at players and discuss the next grind fest they are going to release on their addicts customers and see who can come up with the way to make players do the same thing the most times over and over again... sometimes I wonder if I have died and Neverwinter is actually Hell...
    My current "integration" effort does not do basement 17 times but once per week. I will not get the max each week but that is okay. I may do the bank heist once a while to get extra.

On the other hand, in chult weekly quests, did we need to do various patrol quests like 10 times per week? At least, the basement one is fast and basically a walk through.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***