test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of optional auto-loot

blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
Now that the year begun, vacations are over and we are full speed ahead again, Ill ask about the making of the auto-loot optional.

Is there any news or feedback about it? As was pointed before, some people doesn't like this feature (that was force-feed against us)
For ones, a nice and helpfull thing, for others, including me, a thing I would love to turn off.

So, devs, is there any plans for making the auto-loot liable to be turned on or off as the player wish?

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I'd agree to making auto-loot optional, so long as it was an 'option' people were able to take advantage of and it was an 'all or nothing' option (including coins, refinements etc.) otherwise we'd be right back to where we were before with speed runners getting the choicest picks and slower players left with their throw-aways.

Speaking just for myself I appreciate the random roll, auto-loot implementation as having to take the time to press "F" every time we found a drop we wanted and having to compete with the some of the speedier players I found to be a little frustrating.
    DD~
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Wow, anyone getting two hundred items per day is spending way too much time in the game. The daily 25 ID scrolls is more than enough for me. I even have to dump a bunch every few days so they don't take more than one stack.

I think some people just don't want to bother with them. I too would like the option so I can take their loot. Free loot is free loot.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533 just a feedback from auto loot, it seems auto loot mechanics for dungeons are switched with auto loot implemeted on non dungeon content like dailies, killing mobs, etc. the press f to pick blue unindentified gear should have been implemented on dungeon and that is not happening at all, basicly anyone steping foot on loot inside a dungeon gets it for them automaticaly without going on a need or pass wheel like it used to be when we picked it up, while outside dungeon i always have to pick unindentified blues pieces of gear for some class specific like main hand for clerics and gwf and a chest piece for gf.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    arcanjo86 said:

@mimicking#6533 just a feedback from auto loot, it seems auto loot mechanics for dungeons are switched with auto loot implemeted on non dungeon content like dailies, killing mobs, etc. the press f to pick blue unindentified gear should have been implemented on dungeon and that is not happening at all, basicly anyone steping foot on loot inside a dungeon gets it for them automaticaly without going on a need or pass wheel like it used to be when we picked it up, while outside dungeon i always have to pick unindentified blues pieces of gear for some class specific like main hand for clerics and gwf and a chest piece for gf.

Actually auto-loot works in every dungeon I've ever run (since it was implemented) albeit not every piece is picked up when you run over it... (I don't believe there is a "need/greed/pass" system in the dungeons anymore and that's why people have been saying it is important to "set the loot level" by right clicking on your avatar.

Leave it at default and a player is in the random roll for all levels of gear. Set it to "uncommon" and any piece of green, blue or purple gear might land in your inventory. Set it to "rare" and only the blue and above gear should be placed in your inventory - etc.

But yeah, if anyone in the party steps on it, or near it, all players see the "Rolling for...", but if you have your loot level set to rare or above you shouldn't be getting any gray or green gear in your inventory.

It's unconfirmed, but I suspect one of the reasons why auto-loot and random roll was implemented is because there are some players who are much faster than other players and some of them kept snapping up all the "good stuff" leaving their dregs for everyone else...

This is a much more equitable and convenient system as far as I'm concerned.
    DD~