test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clean start does not work in the new professions workshop

Clean start mission in proffessionsdoes not work on the PS4 I collected everything i was asked to but can not complete the quest

Comments

• kimgstreetrunkimgstreetrun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Clean start mission in professions does not work on the PS4 I collected everything i was asked to but can not complete the quest
  • elletee#1899 elletee Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    'A Clean Start' task bug. PS4

Talked to Bolden Coarsca, recieved the box to clean/upgrade workshop.

Didn't talk to the retainer, went straight to work desk and did upgrade. Now won't trigger the landlord coming in for the next task.

Have upgraded to level2 at work desk, and now it's stuck with no carry on task. Bolden has left the workshop.

Played the upgrade video, but the landlord doesn't appear next to my retainer.

Next task should be 'trading company', but can't accept it without the landlord, Clement Montworth.

Is it because I didn't talk to the retainer first? Noticed with one of my other characters if you talk to her first she has a golden speech option 'how do I upgrade the workshop'. She had no icon above her head indicating this was a requirement, and it didn't effect me continuing the task and encountering this bug.

Help please. I'd like to continue the professions tasks. :'( <3
  • billdoor84billdoor84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My A clean start quest is stuck on consult retainer after speaking to material supplier, this is ridiculas that i cant even get through an intro quest, sent in support ticket which has yet to even be looked at.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @elletee#1899 said:
    > 'A Clean Start' task bug. PS4

>

> Talked to Bolden Coarsca, recieved the box to clean/upgrade workshop.

>

> Didn't talk to the retainer, went straight to work desk and did upgrade. Now won't trigger the landlord coming in for the next task.

>

> Have upgraded to level2 at work desk, and now it's stuck with no carry on task. Bolden has left the workshop.

>

> Played the upgrade video, but the landlord doesn't appear next to my retainer.

>

> Next task should be 'trading company', but can't accept it without the landlord, Clement Montworth.

>

> Is it because I didn't talk to the retainer first? Noticed with one of my other characters if you talk to her first she has a golden speech option 'how do I upgrade the workshop'. She had no icon above her head indicating this was a requirement, and it didn't effect me continuing the task and encountering this bug.

>

> Help please. I'd like to continue the professions tasks. :'( <3

There are level blocks. At certain points your professions need to be a certain level to progress to the next quest.
  • elletee#1899 elletee Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank you for the reply, I'm new to the forum so I don't know how to reply directly.

I'll keep at it then. Thought it might have been a bug, because I didn't have any trouble progressing with my other two characters, just my main.

I also encountered the bug where it was stuck on the inventory task (green ! on inventory and tutorial not disappearing in the top right) after opening the initial package with my main character as well, but found the work around post in the bug section about opening another bag inside my workshop to trigger the same response (it worked). So I thought the landlord not appearing might have been a continuing issue for my character... will wait and see, thanks again :3
  • saylavee1970#7059 saylavee1970 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2019
    "A Clean Start"
    I have all of the items required to be bundled and returned to me,but my retainer is not recognizing them. I double and triple checked the contents and names - I have everything. I have quit the quest multiple times... I am still not getting anywhere. My gathering and alchemy are now level 40 and I cannot progress until I can upgrade the workshop. I don't know what else to do :(