test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tanking and Stalwart Lion defender companion

lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited January 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't usually play my tank alts, but noticed recently there's a lot Stalwart Golden Lion pets running around. I had to get aggro off someone's Lion a number of times. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the bit of aggro ping pong an acceptable trade-off for the buff from Lion's roar attack?
Post edited by lldt on

Comments

• Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    What most people don't realize is that the Lion has a hard taunt that WILL take agro from the tank in a dungeon. It's not anything you are doing ... and there isn't much you can do about it except to use a taunt of your own to take agro back. The lion is a great pet for keeping agro off you when soloing ... but you really should never summon one in a dungeon as the ping-pong of agro can cause all sorts of problems and even party wipes when the boss decided to unexpectedly turn away from the tank and hit everyone with a big attack.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

What most people don't realize is that the Lion has a hard taunt that WILL take agro from the tank in a dungeon. It's not anything you are doing ... and there isn't much you can do about it except to use a taunt of your own to take agro back. The lion is a great pet for keeping agro off you when soloing ... but you really should never summon one in a dungeon as the ping-pong of agro can cause all sorts of problems and even party wipes when the boss decided to unexpectedly turn away from the tank and hit everyone with a big attack.

Same reasons not to run a SW with a soul puppet build with the 1000% threat feat. Let the tank gain as much argo as possible, its their job.

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    What I try and tell people that are using a tank based pet or even a sw damn that has the puppet aggro feat is that it will give them aggro. What most people do not understand when in a dungeon is that the tank should be the tank and the dps / clerics should be dps / clerics. The tank cant grab aggro if a pet or a puppet has stolen it. its not the tanks fault if that player dies because well dont run a tank pet if your not a tank.