test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need the Option to Favorite Powers

antwo91antwo91 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
I would like to have an option to favorite powers. Favoriting a power would bump it to the top of your power list to make it faster and easier to swap depending on what is needed, without having to scroll past all your powers.

I've noticed while playing more on my cw and sw that you have to constantly switch between single targets, aoe and buffing powers depending on the situation.

Adding this mechanic will remove the hassle of scrolling through powers based on what is needed between battles.

Favoriting powers would help any class that depends on swaping powers to make the best out of every engagements.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Loadouts. That's what they're for.
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User

Loadouts. That's what they're for.

And how am I supposed to switch between my multi target HR DPS build and my single target in CODG while the team is burning down the last chain?

I support this idea as there is not always a campfire where you would need to change powers
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The op's argument never mentioned switching in CODG. My response was to the OP asking for favoriting powers. Obviously I couldn't respond to your comment, which had nothing to do with his, if you hadn't even made it yet.

But since you asked, you're not supposed to be able to switch loadouts mid-battle. That simple.

Once upon a time I thought it was stated that a campfire would be added to CODG before the boss fight. Then if you died you pick up from there instead of doing the whole thing again. But I guess thats never happening.

If it had been added you would be able to change in CODG. I don't see the need to change an entire system because of one dungeon. But that's me.
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Similar problem in crl, no campfires anywhere near the 2nd boss and the final battle with strahd, you have to travel half way back through the dungeon to switch loadout.
  • antwo91antwo91 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Exactly. Loadouts are only available through campfires and campfires are limited in higher up dungeons, codg for example. My main argument is just to be able to switch between a few powers quickly, in or out of battle without having to scroll through your whole list.

Having favorited powers up top means a quick change on the go without the need of a campfire to swap loadouts.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I like the idea of having selected powers displayed at the top of the chart. When I run AC I use exalt at bosses and astral shield / chains / diving glow, etc. when working through a dungeon. It would be nice to easily swap to another encounter power without scrolling down the list. Likewise when running my GWF with another it would be nice to switch daring shout / battle fury without scrolling down the list. The fact is most of the items on the powers list are not viable to use.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC