test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold Pricing on Masterwork items is an insult

grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
Example Gilded Ledger = 5cp, Vermilion and Emerald Runners = 4sp 42cp

Solution: Increase the Gold prices for Masterwork items by 100 to 10,000 to 1,000,000 times as much.

This will make the Commissions paid to artisans reasonable (even the 200% Tress gets). This could even bring a few people back to crafting and stabilize AD costs for MW equipment back to Normal (2015) levels.

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    It's like going to a music store to sell a Steimway piano and the store owner says, "Sure, I'll give you Four Dollars and 42 cents."
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Picaroon's Tricorne+Vistani Gloves+Aurora artifact (mythic quality)+ Skull Lord Staff (mythic quality)+Explorer's Guild boon+Radiant enchantments in all utility slots+Prosperity insignias in all mounts+Star of Simril companion+Vistani Wanderer companion+Leprechaun companion (summoned)+Scrool of Fates (Riches) = END OF YOUR GOLD PROBLEMS !
    2fv72Fw.png
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User

It's like going to a music store to sell a Steimway piano and the store owner says, "Sure, I'll give you Four Dollars and 42 cents."

No, you did not go to a music store. You went to a grocery store to sell your piano.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Solution: Increase the Gold prices for Masterwork items by 100 to 10,000 to 1,000,000 times as much.

This will make the Commissions paid to artisans reasonable (even the 200% Tress gets). This could even bring a few people back to crafting and stabilize AD costs for MW equipment back to Normal (2015) levels.

TBH, the pricing of everything is off. The max you can earn off of any item I am pretty sure is 34sp 18cp. What is needed to save the economy is a boost in prices in the items. This is especially true if you make a +1 item. The value IS increased by 1sp in most cases but that stops when the "normal" item price is 34sp -- there is NO increase in the selling price. Well, there is if you are selling to Lady Begum, but not to regular vendors...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger

No, you did not go to a music store. You went to a grocery store to sell your piano.
    I think you're right, but I would have got a better price in the Real World.

TBH, the pricing of everything is off. The max you can earn off of any item I am pretty sure is 34sp 18cp. What is needed to save the economy is a boost in prices in the items. This is especially true if you make a +1 item. The value IS increased by 1sp in most cases but that stops when the "normal" item price is 34sp -- there is NO increase in the selling price. Well, there is if you are selling to Lady Begum, but not to regular vendors...
    You can get 1 Gold 60 Silver 43 copper for Epic equipment, if you can sell them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Crafted items should be costed by the value of components and the time/effort it took to make said item. For masterwork this would include the buying of the explorer's case, the time it takes to chase down the mats from the case, the cost to refine the mats, the cost to assemble, and the cost of paying the worker. Plus some markup due to the often ridiculous failures in manufacturing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    exgardian said:

Picaroon's Tricorne+Vistani Gloves+Aurora artifact (mythic quality)+ Skull Lord Staff (mythic quality)+Explorer's Guild boon+Radiant enchantments in all utility slots+Prosperity insignias in all mounts+Star of Simril companion+Vistani Wanderer companion+Leprechaun companion (summoned)+Scrool of Fates (Riches) = END OF YOUR GOLD PROBLEMS !

Thank you. Some will help now, one will have to wait until I advance from Guild Rank 13 to Guild Rank 17, Star of Simril will have to wait for Rank up.

The Waukeen Shiny Coin Enchant can help too, but not as much as the Radiant. Shiny coin Rank 5 (+7% gold, +7% xp [which speeds up getting AD from xp rollover] vs Radiant Rank 5 (+10% gold) in Utility slot.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Well, if killing a massive dragon or demon prince can net you 7 silver or so, 3000 silver (at 0% commission difference) for a gilded ledger actually feels quite high... Especially so considering you're providing the dude with all the materials as well as tools he needs.
    FrozenFire

Well, if killing a massive dragon or demon prince can net you 7 silver or so, 3000 silver (at 0% commission difference) for a gilded ledger actually feels quite high... Especially so considering you're providing the dude with all the materials as well as tools he needs.

frozenfirevr

The Gilded Ledger sells to a Vendor for 50cp (50 coppers). Selling it for 30 Gold (3000 Silvers) seems reasonable to me, but not to you.

30 Gold = 90 GM (Guild Marks)

When you bought the Calfskin, it cost you 3750 GM for 15 (now it's costing you 3650 GM)

When you created the Lacquered Aberrant Leather it cost 21 sp 20 cp for the leather and 3000 GM for 2 maps to get the Alum + 2000 GM for Dark Lacquer and 7500 GM for 5 maps to get the 20 Lacquer Branches.

When you created the Gold Wire it cost you 2500 GM for Shark Oil, 9 sp 96 cp for Rock Salt, and 7500 GM for Maps.

When you created the Dragon's Blood it cost you 22500 GM for maps, 5g 50 sp for Rock Salt, 1 gp 10 cp for Iron Sand

That's enough for 5 recipes:
    • failed
    • failed
    • Success, turned in to Master of Coin
    • failed
    • Success, I still have it, but it is useless as it is BTC and only worth 50cp.
    Add up the numbers and then see if you still believe 30 Gp is "quite high".
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Well, I misunderstood you (quite apparent from my comment). I thought you were saying commission costs for masterwork tasks were too low. My bad, now I get it after reading again...
    FrozenFire
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

I believe that the idea that I can see being done is that they want people to spend AD on gold who are master crafters and if you made this change you wouldn't have to spend gold since everything would be worth more gold for those items. They are making the items worth more AD but they are lowering their worth in gold. It is sort of how if someone took a coin that was worth $1,000 and made sculptures out of it by smelting down the ore then expecting the value of the ore to make the sculpture worth that same amount.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k

I believe that the idea that I can see being done is that they want people to spend AD on gold who are master crafters and if you made this change you wouldn't have to spend gold since everything would be worth more gold for those items. They are making the items worth more AD but they are lowering their worth in gold. It is sort of how if someone took a coin that was worth $1,000 and made sculptures out of it by smelting down the ore then expecting the value of the ore to make the sculpture worth that same amount.
    No, they usually want more than face value for the sculpture, because otherwise their work is worthless. Thw Artisans already charge a commission. The Building owners charge expenses, the materials vendor charges for supplies and materials.

They haven't figured out how to pay the Game Players characters. By the way, 20% of the cost of the Gilded Ledger is 3245gp 36sp 26 cp the total price is 16,226gp 81sp 26cp. I don't think that any player could mind being paid either price, but would prefer the higher one.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    exgardian said:

Or you could just set an alt or two to do gold-generating profession tasks. Greater healing potions, linen shirts... - most professions have a level 15-30 item that requires little in the way of ingredients, that will pay out 34s. Dump morale into making that, walk away with a profit of ~20g/day. Simple.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    cdnbison said:

exgardian said:

Or you could just set an alt or two to do gold-generating profession tasks. Greater healing potions, linen shirts... - most professions have a level 15-30 item that requires little in the way of ingredients, that will pay out 34s. Dump morale into making that, walk away with a profit of ~20g/day. Simple.

There are 2 minor issues:
    1. a lot of clicking. Someone has their 'ways' to deal with this.
    2. inventory space. Otherwise, you craft, stop, seal vendor (if you have VIP), sell, craft, stop, seal vendor (if you have VIP), sell, .... If you don't have VIP, it will be very painful because not many has the inventory space to hold 80 pieces of equipment and then go to a vendor to sell.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User

They haven't figured out how to pay the Game Players characters.

They haven't even figured out how to make a game that kind of unbotched that I actually would give them some money for it, and you expect them to get an economy straight?