test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double Influence/Marauders

Hi there, this has probably already been discussed, but one of my guild members asked me to look into it, and searching the forums left me empty handed so... Our concern is that although the website announcement for Marauders indicates that it is NOT included in the double influence, the in game announcement for it does not. I know it's not a huge issue, but it can't be a difficult fix to add a few more letters to the in-game description.

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    It would probably be easier to just include Marauders in the double influence. LOL. It would certainly be nicer to the players if they made that change. Which, of course, means they will not.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    It would also be helpful if there was a weekly mission to be had, if only to keep track if you had done it on a toon or not. It rather sucks to go through the mission and realize "Doh! I already ran this on this toon this week!" because you didn't get the influence reward.

No additional rewards would be required, but would be nice -- say CONFIGUREABLE shards selectable by the Guild Boss, probably defaulting to Dungeoneer's Shards. The influence reward could be moved to the mission turn-in.

Another thought on Marauders, is increasing the value of vouchers for running more phases. My alliance tested running 5 phases of the 5 waves (25 total waves) and you really don't get much more out of it. This in not an exploit if you did the work... B)
    Post edited by demenoss#9306 on
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger

It would also be helpful if there was a weekly mission to be had, if only to keep track if you had done it on a toon or not. It rather sucks to go through the mission and realize "Doh! I already ran this on this toon this week!" because you didn't get the influence reward.

This already exists. Press "I" and check if you have 600 influence sitting in your inventory. If you do not, press "G", click on "Coffer", search for "600 Influence" and see if your character's name shows up in the results. If it does, you're done. Congratulations! If it does not, welcome to Marauders.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @nunya#5309 a lot of people stack influence so checking inventory doesn't always help. A lot of people also turn in chunks at one time instead of on a daily basis, so searching coffer donations don't always work either.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

This already exists. Press "I" and check if you have 600 influence sitting in your inventory. If you do not, press "G", click on "Coffer", search for "600 Influence" and see if your character's name shows up in the results. If it does, you're done. Congratulations! If it does not, welcome to Marauders.
    The method may not be bullet proof but good enough for me. Thanks. The minor detail is I bind 'g' to something else but there is an icon on the top to do the job. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

@nunya#5309 a lot of people stack influence so checking inventory doesn't always help. A lot of people also turn in chunks at one time instead of on a daily basis, so searching coffer donations don't always work either.

Fair enough. I don't tend to do these things, but then my guild typically has space in the coffer for most of the resources. I also run enough stuff for my guild that I don't worry about stacking things up for 2x Influence events. I'm not sure how they'd add a tracker to the journal without turning it into a quest you have to pick up. Though, that might not be a bad thing, either. They could make it a quest the Steward gives out. Thematically, that would make the most sense since the Master of Coin & the Ranger give out Adventurer's Shards, the Builder gives out Heroic Shards, and the Cleric gives out Dungeoneer's Shards.