test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter and stuff

diegoalves21diegoalves21 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
After thinking, for a short while, something started to disturb my thoughts of how Neverwinter will be on the future. What's happening so far, that people say are problems, feels for me like some odd solutions, for instance:
1. Content difficulty: for the "old" dungeons and such, it shall not be increased because of new players, they don't have IL to beat it the same way xp players do.
2. AD it's another worry, because I see we are being push to AH, even that being good IMO, I keep thinking, at some point, they'll remove rough AD from all (except VIP) and the game will be more commerce focus, when it comes to currency. What brings us to the old un-lucky system drop rate.
3. Hardcore (1 death, end dungeon) works fine, but reduce IL to minimum its not working as it should. <font color="orange">Moderator removed mention of an exploit.</font>
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They wont remove ad outside of vip.. that is ludicrous,, it wouldn't be F2P then.. they might as well sell subs and make things less grindy.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    AH requires people to have AD already to buy stuff. Right now, AD comes from rAD. There is no other way to get AD (which was not rAD). You can't even spend money to buy AD (which was not created from rAD). Removing rAD means there will be no AD for new player to buy stuff to support AH commerce.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I'm not worried about any of this. They'll leave hard core optional and not force people to play it who don't otherwise want to. Rough astral diamonds will continue to be a thing for reasons that plasticbat has already mentioned. As for increasing the difficulty of older dungeons, I would think that's what hard core mode is for. It lets them leave it accessible to new players and new characters (who are not twinked) and enables them to make it something challenging and fun for people who are looking for that. I'm not seeing any doom here on any of these three fronts.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

AH requires people to have AD already to buy stuff. Right now, AD comes from rAD. There is no other way to get AD (which was not rAD). You can't even spend money to buy AD (which was not created from rAD). Removing rAD means there will be no AD for new player to buy stuff to support AH commerce.

we can exchange zen for ad...so technically there is a roundabout way to buy ad with real money
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2019

we can exchange zen for ad...so technically there is a roundabout way to buy ad with real money
    You can only exchange zen for AD which was rAD at one point (farmed by player). You cannot exchange zen for AD which was not rAD at one point because such AD technically does not exist.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I think i get what you're saying now after rereading
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    When I look at the economics of NW, I look at the Zen store and there is nothing in there that I would pay for outside of VIP during the deep discount times. Frankly I could think of a lot of things they could sell at X prices that would not unbalance the game and make it Pay to Win.

When I was in graduate school, I remember what the department head said about the large number of foreign students we had and that they pay 5X what US students pay and are basically subsiding our education. Cyrptic thinks that the Zen market is working and NW makes enough profit to keep running so I am going to just assume they are right and I will enjoy my subsided gaming.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I'm not worried about any of this. They'll leave hard core optional and not force people to play it who don't otherwise want to. Rough astral diamonds will continue to be a thing for reasons that plasticbat has already mentioned. As for increasing the difficulty of older dungeons, I would think that's what hard core mode is for. It lets them leave it accessible to new players and new characters (who are not twinked) and enables them to make it something challenging and fun for people who are looking for that. I'm not seeing any doom here on any of these three fronts.

I also generally agree with nunya & plasticbat and think 'mostly' like them especially regarding rAD... ...as that is what allows F2P to work in the game.

The only thing I've suggested they 'slightly' tweak is perhaps difficulty slightly increasing 'some' Campaigns or Stronghold Map's from perhaps 70 NPC's to maybe 71. Still we should have one that remains at 70 so new players aren't over whelmed either. I also suspect it won't be too long before we see 74 NPC's in future.

Most area's especially 60-70 area's address the power creep fairly well by better scaling attributes down based on the region; similar to how reduced item level works in Private Queues.

And for those who want more challenge the weekly IOU's, but it doesn't mean you can't do more on Extreme Difficulty, even if you don't use the reduced Item Level option.
    Post edited by strathkin on