test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to breath some new life into guild raids

mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
My guild has run marauders up to various waves, 10, 20, 30, etc. Sadly, the voucher rewards are not worth the time it takes to run the event. I think an easy fix to make fun group raids that go into the high waves would be to make the vouchers change to green at wave 10, blue at wave 20, and purple at 30, instead of staying grey no matter how many waves. I can easily see our guild and alliances spending two or three hours to reach marauders wave 35 if the rewards were worth the time, and as it is now, it is NOT worth it at all. Please consider making this change as an easy way to add some fun group play for the guild event system.

PS Also, dragon flight is waaaaay overdue for an overhaul

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    mcfob said:

My guild has run marauders up to various waves, 10, 20, 30, etc. Sadly, the voucher rewards are not worth the time it takes to run the event. I think an easy fix to make fun group raids that go into the high waves would be to make the vouchers change to green at wave 10, blue at wave 20, and purple at 30, instead of staying grey no matter how many waves. I can easily see our guild and alliances spending two or three hours to reach marauders wave 35 if the rewards were worth the time, and as it is now, it is NOT worth it at all. Please consider making this change as an easy way to add some fun group play for the guild event system.

Our alliance is doing Dragonflight every night and that produces way more stuff to coffer and personal rAD (through seal and fang) than Marauders. We are fast enough to do 4 to 5 set of dragons (16 to 20 dragons) by jumping SH to SH. Marauders is good for influence but it is for once per toon per week vs no limit in Dragonflight.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    mcfob said:

I'd love to see a few things to encourage more running on guild maps a little more often, and would also love to see a Guild &/or Stronghold Update include Ice Wind Dale, or the PvP Battlegrounds of the Crag Mountain Range. :+1:

Here are some idea's like your Marauder's one - perhaps these slowly phased in over a few different MOD's in future?
    1. Drop common voucher's 'a little' more frequent from Minor, Major Heroic's Encounters, or Challenges.
    2. Increase difficulty 'slightly' of Stronghold enemy, including Minor, Major, Epic Heroic Encounters. As fresh 70's can now buy &/or make 500-510 item level not the 420-435 like we had before. No reason Enemy shouldn't be 71 not like the 70 we have today.
    3. Improve Marauders: Waves [10-20] improve common vouchers, [21-24] award 1-3 (uncommon) based on gates defended each wave, 25 [a final wave] replaces (Uncommon) with 1-3 (Rare) Vouchers and since their is no Vote required; perhaps if gates fully defended a Deepcrow 'might' try a surprise attack as he threatens to approach the Temporary Merchants from behind to avenge his Mate--that might give a chance at a Stronbox perhaps?
    4. Improve Dragon Flight possibly introduce a few new mechanics, perhaps that require more organization, like defeating Undead 'stronger' Drakes/Pseudodragon that spawn (sometimes) to avenge a defeated Dragon, in that event those sites may require being re-cleansed to consider a Dragon truly defeated, then if all 4 Dragons are defeated perhaps a 'chance' a single Undead Dragon Might return (Purely RNG) like Undead Red, Undead Blue, Undead Green, or Undead Black to Avenge it's Spirit. That last Dragon would require 'everyone' in one massive battle and a true test of not only a Guild but also the Alliance. ;)
    5. I've also suggested they revise 'Storming the Castle' to be 10v10 players, as it would be easier change to make as it would not even require changes, except to how many people can be on each team for accepted Public Queue's Rewards. It then be easier for many Guilds &/or Alliance to challenge other Alliances more regularly. Those not in a Guild or a well populated one could still do in Public/Private for participation, but unless they were in a Guild would not also get the quest from Master of Coin for the added Rewards. That may also encourage more building PvP SH Boons.
    6. I'd also love to see 'extending' Guild PvP Boons to Ice Wind Dale's 1-2 adventure zones, possibly others within the Crag Mountain Regions of the Northern Regions. I've always wondered why Factions like The Harpers &/or The Order of the Guantlet to Domination's weren't Faction more focused on smaller combat training; or perhaps The Emerald Enclave &/or The Lords Alliance to Guantlgrym. Perhaps the Zhentarim being more cunning could fight in smaller or large combat training scenario's. They could also fight along side their own Faction Players, or as a Random Player willing to help any Faction out as a Win is a Win, and for them perhaps even a loss if an even greater Victory as long as they top the standings.
    7. Why not make PvP Seasons shorter to align with the 5 Seasons of DnD: "Midwinter falls between Hammer and Alturiak, Greengrass between Tarsakh and Mirtul, Midsummer is between Flamerule and Eleasis, Highharvestide is between Eleint and Marpenoth, and The Feast of the Moon is between Uktar and Nightal." Then depending on the Seasonal preference for Free Form (Anything Goes) like in Ice Wind Dale, or more Smaller Combat Training as Domination, or the Larger Combat styles in Guantlgrym each season could change or have different Factions to support as well.
    Those are but a few idea's I've had, another for extending the way to pay for Guild Gear, without extended the current 30,000 Guild Mark threshold--is to use 'High-Quality' / Masterwork 'Gathered' Materials as trade in addition to Guild Marks.

@mimicking#6533

I don't know if they've had similar idea's for the 'rumored' Stronghold Update, but perhaps some of these sorts of things have already been envisioned by some at Cryptic.

One related yet similar post is found here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1244054/guild-donation-remove-cap-on-donation-categories-once-sh-reaches-max-rank
    Post edited by strathkin on