test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Fishing Rod... now garbage?

First there was the garbage exchange rate in for the new professions from the old that obliterated all the grind and AD invested previously. Now the legendary fishing rod that I grinded for with each of my alts (10)... snapped in two.

Of course the SOMI fishing mech is so horrible, it does not really matter I guess because I would rather do ANYTHING then fish now.

I mean WHO is making these decisions? I mean it is just one f-you to the customer base after another.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I second that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    One less thing to do. My average weekly playtime has gone from 20 hours to 5.

Ah, well....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    To me, what hurts the most is that we wasted our time grinding out for the legendary rod and there isn't any recompense offered like some kind of trade-in for the new rods. Just "change fishing and you all grind it out again" seems to have been the attitude. :(
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

To me, what hurts the most is that we wasted our time grinding out for the legendary rod and there isn't any recompense offered like some kind of trade-in for the new rods. Just "change fishing and you all grind it out again" seems to have been the attitude. :(

They do give you 40 light clusters (or whatever those things are) that you can then use to exchange your common pole with and uncommon then to a epic. But there is no exchange for legendary. And now you are also taking up another bag slot for this new pole and any leftover epic lures after the event just taking up space for an entire year till next fest.

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

First there was the garbage exchange rate in for the new professions from the old that obliterated all the grind and AD invested previously. Now the legendary fishing rod that I grinded for with each of my alts (10)... snapped in two.

Of course the SOMI fishing mech is so horrible, it does not really matter I guess because I would rather do ANYTHING then fish now.

I mean WHO is making these decisions? I mean it is just one f-you to the customer base after another.

Had 3 alts with orange/legendary fishing poles from doing the event the last 3 years - was looking to add to that number this year...

Once again, the devs seem to relish giving my alts a good swiift kick to the daddy-bags.