test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD 15 - Paragon Trees and roles

nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2018 in The Thieves' Den
Mod 15 hit TRs pretty hard, between nerfs and reworks. But since some of us still use their TR, let's see how we can get the most out of it.

Namely, let's talk about the paragon trees: Saboteur, Scoundrel and Executioner.

Some talents got reworked, other moved in other trees, and to be fair I don't know what Paragon tree is good for what anymore.

Executioner, my go-to build with his sweet Shadow of Demise, now has 3 talents that proc upon killing something. It would look like the flavour now is "paragon path that works best when you keep killing stuff". And Shadow of Demise. You know, like we have time to make it proc when melting the mobs we're EXECUTing.

Saboteur: never played it, so I can't say anything about how it performs. Lots of CD reduction and permastealth, that's for sure.

Scoundrel: another one I've never played, but looking at the talent tree I can see lots of personal dmg buffs. The Skullcracker capstone also makes it so that your attacks hit your target like it was controlled, which should proc the +20% damage on controlled targets talent (note the "should" here). Still don't know about its performance tho.

I don't feel like cheating on my Shadow of Demise for single target, but if you've ever seen that "Distracted Boyfriend" meme ( https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/distracted-boyfriend ) , well, you know how I feel about Scoundrel and Saboteur coming from Executioner.

So, what do you think the Paragon trees' roles are? Depending on the choice of talents (single target vs trash), I can think of a few roles/loadouts:

Solo low gear
Solo good gear

Mobs low gear, bad party
Mobs good gear, bad party
Mobs low gear, good party
Mobs good gear, good party

Boss (no adds) low gear, bad party
Boss (no adds) good gear, bad party
Boss (no adds) low gear, good party
Boss (no adds) good gear, good party

Boss (with adds) low gear, bad party
Boss (with adds) good gear, bad party
Boss (with adds) low gear, good party
Boss (with adds) good gear, good party

Which Paragon tree do you think is best for each role, according to your experience with mod 15 so far?

Post edited by nihlocke#5890 on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Just to nitpick a bit, the title and OP should be edited to talk of Paragon TREES not PATHS Paths are Master Infiltrator and Whisperknife. Trees are Saboteur, Scoundrel and Executioner.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Edited, thanks. I was in a rush when I wrote that, so i mixed up terms.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I run Sabo for mobs and Executioner for bosses. There are others who can give more detailed, technical advice but it works for me. Just messing around with Vistani gear on boonless storage alts, running Blur's Sabo build allowed me to farm Dread Ring all weekend without any trouble. Another alt, my map runner can destroy mobs in Chult at 12k. It isn't gear dependent by any means.

High end content may be a different story, but on the low range, the 2 free loadouts are enough.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Sabo for life... I added three exe feats since mod 15 though.

5% bonus damage when you attack,
    15% bonus critical severity.
    20% bonus damage on targets under 50% hp.

It is workable.....

I cant stand the new stealth reveal in pvp through. Something is wrong with it... you stay stealthed, but they can see you, yet stealth bar hardly depletes at all in the visible stealth. Your critical from stealth also no longer works in this visible stealth mode.

Meh....

Itc is bugging out also, you can cast plus roll and it cancels cast but you get immunity still. High stamina means more immunity. I would love itc to return to mod 14 version.
    This mod 15 version is way too clunky and takes way too long to activate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User

Sabo for life... I added three exe feats since mod 15 though.

5% bonus damage when you attack,

15% bonus critical severity.

20% bonus damage on targets under 50% hp.

It is workable.....

Would you use Sabo over Exe on boss fights too? I mean, did Shadow of Demise get so nerfed that Sabo could compare?

Also, no love for Scoundrels? Those bonus damage feats look juicy, yet nobody seems to recommend Scoundrel fo anything. Why is that?

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I just like sabo for stealth, some bosses cant see me in stealth, so if party dies I can solo it.
    Post edited by demonmonger on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Been running Scoundrel with same 3 Executioner feats. Been thinking about switching some feats to the Saboteurs cooldown feats as when I played the Sabo, I enjoyed having faster encounter, not sure that will work out well without Sabo capstone feat.

Not sure on that last feat, either Flashing Blades or Arterial Cut for the last feat.