test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapons of Air/Earth/Fire/Water

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
These quests need help.

Like, seriously.

I was part way through the Drowned Shore when I thought "May as well grab that mission" then I realized or maybe just remembered what an uphill climb it would be.

100 motes when I understand that only a single heroic encounter is guaranteed to drop one? And it's not like at this point in time these zones are crawling with people ready to jump on those particular encounters.

I decided "Better to wait for the next area and start fresh" so I dropped water and went with earth. After completing every mission, and this especially includes the Vigilant Knight missions that require you to complete a number of heroic missions, I have 5 motes of earth.

Five.

And I was in no way shy about jumping into heroic encounters when they presented themselves.

I wish that I had counted, but if someone told me that I did 30 successful HEs while I was there I would not be surprised, as well as some that failed (mostly because few, if any, other players showed up and I was incapable of finishing before the timer expired).

So now I am preparing to drop the mission for Weapons of Earth as I did for Weapons of Water, but I do so with regret.
This is a thing that I wish was worth doing, but it just isn't.

Not as it is now.

Not with where the rest of the game is now.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The quests should be removed and the skins added to the Maze Engine store. The weapons have been obsolete for two years.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I have done about 100 HE for earth. I have 23 Motes. So i think assuming a drop-rate of 20% is a good guess.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I have done about 100 HE for earth. I have 23 Motes. So i think assuming a drop-rate of 20% is a good guess.

I agree with that. I actually completed the Drowned Weapon Set twice by gathering motes (different characters, obviously). I did around 500 HE's on each character to get there. I had fun doing the HE's, actually, because I was grinding for RP and - when I did them (but no longer) - they ALWAYS gave some gear, a black pearl/aquamarine, and a little container that had more RP in it. I was out in Drowned Shore yesterday on an alt that hasn't completed EE yet and was disappointed by how those rewards had changed. The HE's aren't worth doing anymore.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Actually, the drop rate was close to 100%, for exactly one of the heroics in each zone. Crabs in water zone, Slaad in the earth zone. I dont remember the other two.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    When i got those, i farmed the major hes , but again with groups..

minor hes only have a chance and its small.

The weapons skins should be added as stated.. as well as a lot of different things.. however, I believe they hesitate on that, due to that fact they can use the skins again instead.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Skins already exist in the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.