test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Placed in a REQ Dungeon without a Tank

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Joined up for a REQ with my DC and placed in Tong. When I joined, I noted the Healer role bonus (important later). To my surprise, there were already 3 SW and 1 GWF there. Looking up the leaderboard, it was about 3 minutes in, and the previous player was an OP.

Joined Random Public Queue with no tank in sight.

We still managed to finish the run with this plucky group and no-one left, although the GWF took a bit of persuading to join once we managed to get to Orcus without dying.

Note the annotation on the leaderboard indicating it was a Random Queue and I got the healer role bonus.

Still, I don't think it should be possible to form a public REQ without a tank?. Unless the initial team formation counted one of the SW as a healer and the tank OP left early? In which case, how did I (another healer) join the party?

Are Temptation SW already counted as healers?

If future Random Queues are to take SW as healers, there should be a choice given to the player to queue as the class type (healer/dps) prior to entering, and there should also be a marker over the character portrait once inside to indicate who is the healer/tank/dps.
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    If five people in a group queued up for REQ, do they need to conform to tank-heal-3xdps? I'm guessing the OP was a dev OP. When he left, the game just sent in another heal class to replace.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

If five people in a group queued up for REQ, do they need to conform to tank-heal-3xdps? I'm guessing the OP was a dev OP. When he left, the game just sent in another heal class to replace.

Yep, the REQ won't allow you to queue without the tank+healer+3dps, it says something like you don't meet the requirements.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I've had this happen a few times in RAQ. Landed in there with no tank. MSP too.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I wonder it it could be related to OP being able to shift roles? Do you know if the original team had both tank and healer? Perhaps if the OP switched roles before leaving, the game may not think to replace one of the roles? I guess it depends on how the queue system operates.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I wonder it it could be related to OP being able to shift roles? Do you know if the original team had both tank and healer? Perhaps if the OP switched roles before leaving, the game may not think to replace one of the roles? I guess it depends on how the queue system operates.

As far as I could tell according to the leaderboard, only the OP had left. No I couldn't tell what role the OP was before they had left.
    > @stormson#5521 said:
    > As little sense as it makes, the game considers GWF a tank class.
    > They can mark, taunt etc. Players would never consider them a tank, but the automated in-game system does.

GWF was designed to be a 'Defender' class but lost that capability in mods 4 and 6. The queue has never considered them as tanks, however. As of mod 10, the marking should not be a taunt, that having persisted well into the dps ers.
    > @vordayn said:
    > I wonder it it could be related to OP being able to shift roles? Do you know if the original team had both tank and healer? Perhaps if the OP switched roles before leaving, the game may not think to replace one of the roles? I guess it depends on how the queue system operates.
    >
    > As far as I could tell according to the leaderboard, only the OP had left. No I couldn't tell what role the OP was before they had left.

Someone could have left before engaging any mobs and not show up on the scoreboard, perhaps. Regardless, it's just something that occurred to me.

It seems like there were similar reports after the mod 14 rework of the queues, but in RAQ MSP.