test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions to change VIP benefit.

drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
edited November 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Instead of a dedicated button for transporting to the Moonstone Mask Inn, may we please have that replaced by a button to transport to the workshop?
Any others think this would be better?
DON'T
PANIC!
Post edited by percemer on

Comments

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Enormously.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Maybe for vip rank 20 lol or workshop upgrade level 5 that will cost 20 million gold

people like the moonstone mask it is a lag free area to relax do auctions invoke on mutiple alts fast .. claim rewards etc and the roll players hang out there
    if you do this it will be a dead zone just like all the other bars in the game the devs worked on with no one in them and no one to interact with

why would the devs need to remove the vip teleport ? for your own selfish reasons ?
    they could simply add more items to the vip menu ..instead of nerfing items/ options like you are suggesting lol

oh and by the way PETITION threads are against forum rules lol I would reword the title if i were you
    or your thread will disappear like the moonstone mask option that you want to disappear

or set up a forum poll instead
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Not everyone has VIP.
    Not everyone will do professions.
    Everyone has access to the Mask.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nermaleyenermaleye Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    For 2 months - 2 Enchanted Lock box keys once a day. 3 for 3 months & so on. Or if they would got that, 12 months would get you a free 36 slot bag free mount , companion tokens, one complete campaign free.

Just some thoughts
    I love to play MMO's & 1st person shooters. An when I am not playing I rebuild & trouble shoot computers.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Edited the title of this thread.

By the way, VIP players can already teleport themself to their Workshop with the Signpost.
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    No to get rid of the moonstone mask button although I don't go there often. However, when the quest needs to go there, it is useful.
    Yes to add a button to go to Workshop. Yes, there is a signpost but it is easier to:
    click to bring up VIP, click workshop
    instead of
    click to bring up VIP, click to select sign post, F the sign post, select workshop.

If someone knows how to bind key to do the above, that is good enough for me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    No TY. Not everyone cares about professions or workshops.

Adding an option should not come at the expense of people that actually want the go to Moonstone option.
  • Options
    percemer said:

By the way, VIP players can already teleport themself to their Workshop with the Signpost.

yes they can get there in 2 clicks ... but your suggestion was a direct link to it (profession workshop)right off the vip menu as a 1 click / dedicated button
    and remove another option in its place ..so now are you saying this thread is pretty much pointless because you now found out about this option after already having created the post ?

• Options
    edited November 2018
    kalina311 said:

percemer said:

yes they can get there in 2 clicks ... but your suggestion was a direct link to it (profession workshop)right off the vip menu as a 1 click / dedicated button
    and remove another option in its place ..so now are you saying this thread is pretty much pointless because you now found out about this option after already having created the post ?

Are you quoting the wrong person? percemer is cryptic staff and he did not create this thread.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    Pardon my ignorance in not knowing that petition threads are against the TOS.
    I suggested replacing instead of adding because they had just replaced one of the buttons, so I thought that might be easier for the programmers.
    This was meant to be more of a poll than a petition.
    If not very many people think this is a good idea, fine and dandy.
    Perhaps we could ask instead that the game would automatically re-open some of the special zones that close when you leave them, like the workshop and the stronghold (if no one else is in it) and log us straight in there instead of bouncing us back to the last place we were before going there and making us 'manually' re-open the zone through the world map or going through a door. This would be better in my mind than changing a VIP benefit button.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    no they will not hold open empty zones or instances that lag the server and suck up resources and memory if no one is in them
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Perhaps we could ask instead that the game would automatically re-open some of the special zones that close when you leave them, like the workshop and the stronghold

No, thank you. I like that I can count on my SH and workshop to de-instance and put me back where I was before that when I log off. This lets me park my characters in fast loading places, such as The Grand Emporium or The Driftwood Tavern. In turn, that lets me log back in quickly, instead of waiting sometimes as much as 30 seconds for places like PE or the SH to load. If I want to go to those places again, they're a couple of clicks away. The truth is that sometimes "lazier" does not equal "better" and that is the situation here.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    percemer said:

They added the signpost to level 1 VIP benefits? Sweet!
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Why can't we also get an exclusive VIP hat that we can transmute on combat gear? Sure it would have to be a good hat a fancy hat a hat the really shows how rich we are. (Rank 12 VIP only you know the super important ones) I would totally fill out a form for that (It would also be a fancy form) .
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Get rid of Rank 8 enchants as loot from Lockboxes and Black Opals and those other gems which are relatively worthless now...

OR make it clear that VIP is really only useful for beginners.

And I know some of you LOVE the signposts and stuff, but for me, the VIP is really only useful now for beginners.
  • Options

Get rid of Rank 8 enchants as loot from Lockboxes and Black Opals and those other gems which are relatively worthless now...

And I know some of you LOVE the signposts and stuff, but for me, the VIP is really only useful now for beginners.

Why does beginner need VIP? What is the main VIP feature for the beginner?
  • Options

Refinement points?
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Refinement points?
    What kind of RP VIP give you? Which part of VIP give it? I am missing something.
  • Options
  • Options
    VIP gives Black Opals? I am really missing something.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

The signpost, the bank, the mailbox ... these things all save me a great deal of time. The free identification scrolls and chest re-rolls are great. On average, I don't identify 25 items per day. During the work week, I generally identify only 10 or so. On weekends when I have lots of time to play is when I can really burn through the scrolls. The enchanted key gives me access to vouchers for my guild, refinement items, and even companion items that I otherwise wouldn't have and probably wouldn't be able to afford. Now that I can summon the seal vendor, that's a time-saver, too. VIP is - for me - absolutely worth it and a minimal cost compared to the benefits I get. Even the injury immunity is useful at least some of the time. It's probably saved me more than I realize because one of my favorite things is taking the most direct route even if (or, honestly, especially if) it means jumping from very high places.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    imagine if you could just access your workshop from say a profession panel... if they only could code... errrgh thats right they got rid of that. Because.. many reasons, usually having to do with non players.

Professions is dead to me, however, people buy things and buyers are more important then people.. errrghh something like that .. so ya, give them a button, if they buy more stuff, then I will be happy as well =)

See who says I am not the giving sort of person!

Buy more stuff from me and you can have a professions warp!

• Options
    defygravity#9947 defygravity Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

Why can't we also get an exclusive VIP hat that we can transmute on combat gear? Sure it would have to be a good hat a fancy hat a hat the really shows how rich we are. (Rank 12 VIP only you know the super important ones) I would totally fill out a form for that (It would also be a fancy form) .

All I heard reading this was Captain Jack saying "And I'll buy you the hat. A really BIG one... Commodore."

• Options

jade1280 said:

All I heard reading this was Captain Jack saying "And I'll buy you the hat. A really BIG one... Commodore."

Dot's a verra nize hat ju got dere!
  • Options

i'm not sure, but I think he is referring to the high likelihood of getting useless drops from the daily key...
  • Options

i'm not sure, but I think he is referring to the high likelihood of getting useless drops from the daily key...
    Is there a difference between VIP daily key and enchanted lockbox key?
    I assume there is no difference or knowing any evidence to prove otherwise.
    If that is what he referred to, it means he implied lockbox key is only useful for the beginner and has nothing to do with VIP.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

If that is what he referred to, it means he implied lockbox key is only useful for the beginner and has nothing to do with VIP.
    I'm talking about the not very useful stuff you get by opening a Lockbox with an Enchanted Key = 3 Black Opals every time for me [well 95% of the time].

You get a daily Enchanted Key from VIP to open one of these :)

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lockbox
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I'm talking about the not very useful stuff you get by opening a Lockbox with an Enchanted Key = 3 Black Opals every time for me [well 95% of the time].

Yes, I understand. Hence, the issue is lockbox content which in your opinion is only good for beginner. VIP itself is not lockbox key. People can decide to buy VIP solely because of lockbox key but the issue is the quality of lockbox and not VIP. For non-beginner, one should not use lockbox key for a bad lockbox.
  • Options

Yes, I understand. Hence, the issue is lockbox content which in your opinion is only good for beginner. VIP itself is not lockbox key. People can decide to buy VIP solely because of lockbox key but the issue is the quality of lockbox and not VIP. For non-beginner, one should not use lockbox key for a bad lockbox.
    Agreed - so what should one do with a lockbox key then? :)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Hold the keys until there's a lockbox worth opening.... you'll have thousands of keys at that point.