test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open World PVP love

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Very simple - I love open world pvp as it is just so chaotic, fun, annoying, miserable, rewarding, frustrating ...

So make an event in Icewind Dale open world pvp area where each hour, on the hour, every active participating player from the victorious side [Arcane or Towns] gets a decent drop, minimum SMOP or SES for example.

That would make for some fun back in pvp and bring in a lot of non-pvpers and just even out the pvp playing field a lot.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    This gets a giant +1 from me.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    No.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Succinct.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    PVP sucks and it ruins any MMO that gets sucked into it.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Very simple - I love open world pvp as it is just so chaotic, fun, annoying, miserable, rewarding, frustrating ...

So make an event in Icewind Dale open world pvp area where each hour, on the hour, every active participating player from the victorious side [Arcane or Towns] gets a decent drop, minimum SMOP or SES for example.

That would make for some fun back in pvp and bring in a lot of non-pvpers and just even out the pvp playing field a lot.

They already do that - The Black Ice Harvest HE
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    ya cause everyone needs black ice nowdays lol even the profession has been removed and stripped in mod 15
    make sure to keep those black ice treads empowered / out dated gear folks that is your reward lol

They also took away the measly 1 blood ruby (worth next to nothing) you would get a week from stronghold pvp
    that was put there by the devs to " encourage" participation then removed cause people were "abusing it" by participating
    meanwhile in mod 15 unbound rps/ gems drop like water anyways ..

stick and carrot if you ask me dev logic 101

devs.... no one is quing for pvp let give them a reward to get more people involved .. a paraphrased but direct quote ..

devs fast forward a mod or too ..too many people are participating and grouping up as a guild and getting the weekly rewards pvping lets remove it and force people not to be able to custom Q for strongholds else/and no rewards
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

They already do that - The Black Ice Harvest HE
    Sorry I have run The Black Harvest and there isnt any decent rewards from it.

I am talking rewards that will incentivise active participation in pvp

As to those who hate pvp - there are plenty of pve ways to get SMOPs and GMOPs so why not add a pvp way to get them?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Well, here's how that will turn out, at start you'll see more players during that event running around in IWD, trying to have some fun with it, then some pre-made groups will swoop in and destroy everyone in seconds, taking the rewards every hour...
    The major PvP guilds will probably arrange which side is going to win the hourly reward to get the most out of this.

Besides, you might also want to count in that there's no guaranteed way in PvE to get SMOP/GMOP, at the end of the day it's still only a random chance, so would you still want this new event, when the hourly reward would be random too?

Anyway, i have no problem with the Devs spending some time on PvP, right after they have finished a real Professions rework that will actually improve the whole crafting system for everyone, and released the Bard and the Druid as fully playable classes.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    just run the dread ring daily srgt knox quest and save up keys purchasable in the dread ring store for double events that is a guaranteed way to get smops : d or double blue purple enchanting stones .also dont forget the daily free extra key /glove abtaible in the fire pit ( that opens the extra chest)
    proving you have dozens of keys and keep runing it : D run the illusion quest as it is the fastest to finish and repeat
    it is quite profitable thayan layer key in the dread ring shop

the only thing usefull you can do with black ice mod 15 is turn in the old gear salvageable equipment for like 150 guild marks.. purchasable for 8000 black ice ..or get some overload enchantments
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

just run the dread ring daily srgt knox quest and save up keys purchasable in the dread ring store for double events that is a guaranteed way to get smops : d or double blue purple enchanting stones .also dont forget the daily free extra key /glove abtaible in the fire pit ( that opens the extra chest)
    proving you have dozens of keys and keep runing it : D run the illusion quest as it is the fastest to finish and repeat

the only thing usefull you can do with black ice mod 15 is turn in the old gear salvageable equipment for like 150 guild marks.. purchasable for 8000 black ice ..or get some overload enchantments

Yes but I think I have gotten one or two SMOps in over 800 lair quest runs
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

kalina311 said:

Yes but I think I have gotten one or two SMOps in over 800 lair quest runs
    but it's 2x SES every 2-3nd run anyway (on 2x Event IMO).
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    JMHO but the d-bag level is pretty high among the PVP crowd. Its a 'who's HAMSTER is bigger" contest more than anything as anyone who has not maxed out their toon with years of grinding or money is just slaughtered.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

PVP sucks and it ruins any MMO that gets sucked into it.

Was playing Black Desert for a year. The devs focus on solely pvp turned the game into a cannibal hell hole.