test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No more new classes?

morrison878morrison878 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I was out of game some months. And when i return and i go to create character the icon of future new class available dissapeared. Did cryptic finally decided this game wont have more new classes? And if that is true why someone will buy more character slots? Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    They took the "coming soon" notice down with the current mod. There are no new classes expected in the foreseeable future.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    You can never say never, but "coming soon" had become a bad joke.

So no promises of a new class but always potential.
    Just not any time soon.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Cryptic seems incapable of creating new classes.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    what's the point of a new class? there's only 3 roles in the game (tank, buff/debuff, and dps) and plenty of existing unbalanced duplication in each.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    what's the point of any new content? there's allready enough old content in the game.

Kidding aside, "balance" did not stop them from releasing the Scourge Warlock or the Oathbound Paladin, so why should it stop them now from releasing the Druid, Bard or Mad Scientist?

my guess, they're too busy working on their Magic the Gathering MMO, no resources left for new classes in NWO.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I don't have any sources handy, but I seem to recall some dev discussion from a few years back that indicated along the lines of "no new classes until we get the current ones somewhat balanced". Since they are still stumbling about with ham-handed balance fixes, seems like anything new would still be a ways off.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    2020 at the earliest.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

what's the point of a new class? there's only 3 roles in the game (tank, buff/debuff, and dps) and plenty of existing unbalanced duplication in each.

And every role was filled at launch, but if those classes were the only classes they ever had in the game then I would not be playing.

I played the PnP game, and from the PnP game I grew to like paladins and rangers.
    When the game launched there were no paladins or rangers, so I tried a cleric and a rogue because I thought that it was as close as I could get, but not close enough for my tastes. I tried both types of fighters, too, and just didn't care for them enough to stick with it.

When they finally introduced the ranger that immediately became my main. When they introduced the paladin that replaced the ranger as my main.

It has nothing to do with whether or not the ranger and/or paladin are the FotM or somehow "better" than other classes, it has to do with the fact that it's the ranger and paladin class.

And I am sure that there are plenty of people out there that share that sentiment for whatever class they wish to play and whatever classes they wish would be added.