test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loss of TIL

checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
The most recent patch notes stated that it had a fix for scaling in non 70 zones so that they would not be erroneous. Now, however, the TIL is incorrect period. I dropped about 280 TIL since the patch, but I calculated all the pieces from every boon, armor, accessory, enchant, companion, mount, effect, insignia, etc.... and there is nowhere that explains the loss in TIL.

Usually this is just a cosmetic issue, but with Hardcore dungeons opening soon, and scaling to minimal TIL as a challenge, this should be investigated and fixed. Thanks!
LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Comments

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    It seems like the patch notes were woefully deficient at explaining the fix. TIL was inflated from powers and feats, and not related to scaling. I had seen an additional phenomenon of fluctuating TIL, but the patch notes fix the inflated TIL by feats and powers. So, the 'new' TIL is what it was supposed to be. Sorry for the confusion. Better explanation in patch notes is needed.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Good catch. I'm probably not gonna have it added to the patch notes, but yes, the Heart of Fire released with a bug that caused powers, power ranks, and feats to increase item level a little bit each, which was incidentally fixed as a side effect of the item level fix in scaling.
  • vulpasvulpasvulpasvulpas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    There is in fact at least one provable bug with Total Item Level, Like the original poster I started checking TIL by actually removing and replacing equipment and monitoring the change in TIL compared to the value of the item removed or swapped.
    My tests so far have shown that the Base Item Level of your summoned companion is not being added to your TIL.

Having dismissed my summoned companion I noted my TIL, then summon various companions of different levels, with and without Runes and equipment, all the runes, gear and enchantments where reflected in the TIL shown on my character sheet, but the base IL of the companion its self was not added to the overall TIL of the character.

I will continue my tests later this week on character equipment, enchantments, mounts & insignia but would suggest somebody starts to look at the changes made relating to IL calculations as there is clearly an issue.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    > @vulpasvulpas said:
    > There is in fact at least one provable bug with Total Item Level, Like the original poster I started checking TIL by actually removing and replacing equipment and monitoring the change in TIL compared to the value of the item removed or swapped.
    > My tests so far have shown that the Base Item Level of your summoned companion is not being added to your TIL.
    >
    > Having dismissed my summoned companion I noted my TIL, then summon various companions of different levels, with and without Runes and equipment, all the runes, gear and enchantments where reflected in the TIL shown on my character sheet, but the base IL of the companion its self was not added to the overall TIL of the character.
    >
    > I will continue my tests later this week on character equipment, enchantments, mounts & insignia but would suggest somebody starts to look at the changes made relating to IL calculations as there is clearly an issue.

If I understood what you said correctly, this isn't a bug. What you get from companions is :

1. Base IL of each active companion, at all times, because of their passive effects.

2. IL of all gear on your summoned companion, and only when summoned.