test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't buy any bundles with codes

2nd time iv bought a game bundle for ps4 (humble bundle, this time) that came with a neverwinter code. Which is fine i guess but when all the games I just bought are all for console, one would assume that the code would also be for said console. Yet to no suprise this is my 2nd pc code and i dont own a pc. When contacting customer service they are polite but lack the ability to "do anything" apparently, after verifying that my code is indeed legit, that's it. If i want to use this code I'd have to buy a pc, download and play NW on it... but I bought a console bundle for console and should of received a console code. Legally, nothing stated that the code would be for pc and all advertisement shows PS logos so what this boils down to is a bait and switch backed by poor customer service. Fair warning to anyone else, dont buy any bundles with NW codes. Once they got your $ nothing matters... fair warning.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Nobody was required to buy anything for that code. The code did not come with the PS4 bundle. The code is separate.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • exact0khan#1334 exact0khan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    So I could of just got the code without buying the bundle? Interesting. Go on.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

So I could of just got the code without buying the bundle? Interesting. Go on.

Or... you could post the name of the bundle and we could check for ourselves.
  • exact0khan#1334 exact0khan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    > @zephyriah said:
    > So I could of just got the code without buying the bundle? Interesting. Go on.
    >
    > Or... you could post the name of the bundle and we could check for ourselves.

Humble bundle - nordic
    kreatyve said:

Nobody was required to buy anything for that code. The code did not come with the PS4 bundle. The code is separate.

After reading the page, I'm with the OP. Yeah even though there was no additional charge, it certainly misleading at the very least, bordering on fraudulent or deceptive. At the bottom of the page selling PS games in the package at the time of this post it says " FREE Neverwinter add-on content!

Neverwinter is an action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game.

Exclusive free content includes the Intern Starter Pack: a Ensorcelled Mulhorand Weapon, a Bag of Holding, and a Stone of Health.

NOTE: Please note that if you redeem your code for this game, Humble Bundle may receive a commission or fee."

I don't know how anyone buying a PS4 package could be expected to know it wasn't for the PS4 version of Neverwinter. Especially with the use of the phrase"FREE Neverwinter add-on content!" Whoever approved the copy for the ad, either Neverwinter staff or HB staff, needs to remember that context sets the expectation and the context here was Playstation games.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

After reading the page, I'm with the OP. Yeah even though there was no additional charge, it certainly misleading at the very least, bordering on fraudulent or deceptive. At the bottom of the page selling PS games in the package at the time of this post it says " FREE Neverwinter add-on content!

Neverwinter is an action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game.

Exclusive free content includes the Intern Starter Pack: a Ensorcelled Mulhorand Weapon, a Bag of Holding, and a Stone of Health.

NOTE: Please note that if you redeem your code for this game, Humble Bundle may receive a commission or fee."

I don't know how anyone buying a PS4 package could be expected to know it wasn't for the PS4 version of Neverwinter. Especially with the use of the phrase"FREE Neverwinter add-on content!" Whoever approved the copy for the ad, either Neverwinter staff or HB staff, needs to remember that context sets the expectation and the context here was Playstation games.
    The advertisement for the Neverwinter pack is at the bottom of all their bundles, not just the PS4 bundle.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

The advertisement for the Neverwinter pack is at the bottom of all their bundles, not just the PS4 bundle.
    That's fine, but it should specify platform in all those listings. Otherwise, the implication is that the code is for the platform advertised.
    zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

That's fine, but it should specify platform in all those listings. Otherwise, the implication is that the code is for the platform advertised.
    Yeah, I'll see if Julia can find out who's responsible for it and get them to edit it. I'm pretty sure it's someone at Humble Bundle, so I don't know how long it will take for them to clarify it.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Hopefully this gets resolved.