test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Allow skip cutscene in Castle Ravenloft

Hey,

As title says, please - ty.

This is as much as community needs to run it smoothly, or at least encourage them to run it lol.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Seriously! Stop forcing us to sit through the same cutscenes over and over and over.

There was a point ages ago that cutscenes would be skippable moving forward, then devs went and make some older cutscenes skippable, but somewhere along the way the skippable cutscene mandate seems to have been forgotten.

Maybe someone on the team thinks the annoyingly long cutscenes are great to watch but they're really not.

Add Cradle to this list too. The cutscene before fighting that gruesome baby is one of the worst in this game as far as length and placement.

Also, not a dungeon, but why on gods green earth is the cutscene for Company of Wolves weekly not skippable BUT the one for Bonegrinder is skippable. Did 2 different devs work on these weeklies? I mean seriously.

Where's the consistency?

No one wants to watch the cutscenes more than a handful of times. And I'm exaggerating with that statement. Some people don't even want to watch the cutscenes once.

Sorry to burst the bubbles of animators but the scenes could just be replaced with a door that everyone stands at before heading in to the boss and most wouldn't miss them. You could even go back to the days when it was literally a split second zooming of the boss upon entry to door.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    The devs have said before that some cut scenes are not skippable to allow for loading of content. Whether or not that is the case here I can't say, it's just something to keep in mind.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

The devs have said before that some cut scenes are not skippable to allow for loading of content. Whether or not that is the case here I can't say, it's just something to keep in mind.

And yet there are cutscenes we can skip that automatically switch to a loading screen if we skip the scene.

And there are cutscenes that are out in the open world where nothing at all needs to be loaded that we can't skip. Example, after unlocking one of the ravenloft weeklies it unlocks a cutscene that triggers when you're back in the village. Nothing is being loaded. You can't skip it.

What they say and what they do don't seem to match up.