test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks to the devs for great Masquerade of Liars

pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
I am pretty quick to post about things I am unhappy about in the game but also want to make sure I post and give a shout out when I am happy as well.

The Masquerade of Liars event item upgrades this year are pretty darn good!
  • Broom Mount - Its fast, cool looking, has 3 insignias, has Gladiator Glide, etc. Just a fun mount to ride!
  • Broom Companion - It has three ring slots, good bonuses and are not just more damage but adds something else to a fight
  • Empowered Illusionist Mask - Good passives, hopefully good actives (they are fixing it today :) )
  • Dye Pack - Can't remember if this is new but it is a pretty cool dye pack
I also liked the three way contest and liked the teleport trick as well.

Improvements?
  • Event was a bit buggy, worked around it as I grinded, had to reboot my PC a few times
  • The ability of people to steel your sash on beating a pinata, again, I worked around it by finding a secluded place
  • Fighting other players for pumpkins did not exactly endear me to some of my fellow players, I would just switch to low occupancy instants
  • More tricks like being turned into a chicken for a few seconds
  • More detailed explanation about how things worked in the event, maybe a walk through video performing each task
Overall a great event. Thank you!
Post edited by pitmonster#5684 on

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    Second the appreciation for the Masquerade of Liars update, just adding something new like the boom mount and companion was an improvement, but the competition was a bonus plus...

The only complaint I might have about the event is that a portion of the Contest of Liars is yet another grind... going to the same places and doing the same thing over and over and over again.

The Kill and Treat event however isn't a grind - unfortunately the two events are inseparable for maximum benefit.

My personal opinion is I would rather see the Kill and Treat collection requirements tripled and players having the option to do either the grind activities or the Kill and Treat activity for the same reward. Three trick or treats for the three bags and team credit or one Kill and Treat for the equivalent three bags and team credit.

I suppose it isn't hard to figure out I am not a fan of mind numbing "farming", "grinding" or doing the same thing over and over and over again in the same places.

Unfortunately many Neverwinter activities (too many in my opinion) seems to be premised around having to do a lot of repetitive, mind numbing grinding.

But all in all and for the first update to an existing event - Very Well Done Neverwinter! :+1::+1:
    DD~
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User

- The event itself is cool in terms of decoration.
    - Drop rates...yeah, I think the majority of people would agree the drop rates for anything were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this year. And to put RNG into the event reward pretty much ruined it for a lot of people...just dumb...
    - The teleportation was NOT fun and for low lvls, possibly hazardous if they’re teleported up into high areas. Finding 5 treats in four zones SOUNDS easy but turns into 30-40 min grinds. I have other things to do! And imagines the poor <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> doing these on a number of alts!
    - THE PUMPKIN BUG IS STILL HERE AFTER YEARS OF FEEDBACK!!!! YEARS!!

Additionally, NO, I do not want turned into a chicken that’s just more wasted time and time is the ultimate commodity.

And people CANNOT steal sashes. Sashed go directly into the inv of the person that dropped the piñata. The leech swarm can have all the potions, soup and coin they desire as THAT is what can be mooched.
  • valmunter99#8413 valmunter99 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    was out of the grind after 3rd bugged pumpkin