test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

issues with minimising from windows maximised ..

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
some sort of chronic memory bug when attempting to minimise to the desktop.. other times it has happened from just using the alt to get the cursor up

it feels like it may be jumping into full screen display mode

game becomes unplayable and I have had big problems getting task manager up, usually requires a hard reset by holding the power button down several times in the last week now, because the whole machine becomes unresponsive
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    I suspect you don't have enough memory and it is unresponsive because it is swapping memory to/from disk. Was the disk busy? Will it come back after you wait for a long while? The game has some sort of memory leak too. Hence, once a while, when the game is kind of laggy, I need to exit the game and restart it. And in fact, I am doing that right now when I am typing this. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    thanks for the comment..

I tried to sus it out a bit better and I think I found a solution for it

it was happening by me hitting the left alt or trying to hit the minimise button in the top right (possibly while the machine was busy loading memory ie just after landing in the SH say)

then what would happen is the game would suddenly minimise to the desk top and start loading as many instances of what ever application was pinned to my windows task bar. ( you could not stop the application from making multiple instances of itself
    for every one you shut 5 new ones would open.)

first was notepad, so I unpinned that.
    was only calculator and windows explorer pinned

the 2 next crashes .. involved both those.
    since they were unpinned from the taskbar, no crashes in 24h

I am hoping it is going to stay that way.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits