test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost 80 days of Invocating

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Last night I was in Icewind Pass awaiting a PvP game to pop.

I double tapped "A" in the Vault of Piety to get a few Foehammers Elixir's... After I double tapped twice I had lost all my coins and have 1 stack of 99 and randomly 1 stack of 61, leaving me with 57 coins. So that is 80 days of Invocating.

I ran a test this morning and you cant even buy stacks of them, you can only buy singles.

So I have no idea why this happened to me.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Did you submit a ticket to support?
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Did you submit a ticket to support?

Hiya :)

No I have not submitted a ticket as truthfully I am not that fussed about it. As I have been playing since near the start there is not anything I actually need or require off there... Also as I can use the Elixir's for 160hrs and wont need to buy any for a long time.

I also have 7 Alt's with a few hundred coins each etc.

I posted this as a warning for others... If someone only has 1 character and saving up for the Angel, if they lose all their coins it would not be very nice. I also have had a couple of people comment on Reddit that it has happened to them as well.

So I very much think there is a bug in there that the Dev's might want to have a look at :)

I did post it in the bug section of the Xbox forum on here too.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    I meant I posted in the PvE section of the forum too.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    This has happened to me a few times as well. Following huntgate I can't see myself ever contacting support. I'd rather just quit the game.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Although I am PC player, what I have noticed is that when there is a lag spike exactly when you go to make a purchase (or actually using a consumable), there appears to be a looping of sorts as if the game and the server are trying to sync and duplicating actions as a result. I also experience this in combat where I am scoring more hits even though I only clicked once.

(On occasions like this, I run PingStatus while playing online and I can see when it happens. There is a one second disconnect followed by a 514ms spike before returning to the average 24ms.)

Admittedly, I've also been experiencing mouse issues where I click on the mouse and either it doesn't respond, or it responds way too much. Switching USB ports or trying a different mouse doesn't appear to make a difference. Perhaps something similar is happening to the X-Box One controller?
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    wdj40 said:

I double tapped "A" in the Vault of Piety to get a few Foehammers Elixir's... After I double tapped twice I had lost all my coins and have 1 stack of 99 and randomly 1 stack of 61, leaving me with 57 coins. So that is 80 days of Invocating.

I ran a test this morning and you cant even buy stacks of them, you can only buy singles.

Is it 320 days of invocation instead?
    I read that you now have 160 Elixir. You need 2 coins per Elixir. You get 1 coin ( that you can buy Elixir) per day.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

wdj40 said:

I read that you now have 160 Elixir. You need 2 coins per Elixir. You get 1 coin ( that you can buy Elixir) per day.
    Yes its 1 coin for the 1st Invocation of the day and then another on the 6th. So my main character gets 2 a day whilst my Alt's only get 1 a day as I dont do it 6 times on those.

But yes I think my maths is off lol... It is 2 coins per Elixir so 160 Elixirs would be 320 days... but half that as its my main so I lost 160 days of Invocation I think :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe

Although I am PC player, what I have noticed is that when there is a lag spike exactly when you go to make a purchase (or actually using a consumable), there appears to be a looping of sorts as if the game and the server are trying to sync and duplicating actions as a result. I also experience this in combat where I am scoring more hits even though I only clicked once.

(On occasions like this, I run PingStatus while playing online and I can see when it happens. There is a one second disconnect followed by a 514ms spike before returning to the average 24ms.)

Admittedly, I've also been experiencing mouse issues where I click on the mouse and either it doesn't respond, or it responds way too much. Switching USB ports or trying a different mouse doesn't appear to make a difference. Perhaps something similar is happening to the X-Box One controller?

I have no idea to be honest... hoping the Dev's can maybe come back and say what it is or could be.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I had this happen to me today, I got a video. https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kreatyve1980/video/63141910
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    wdj40 said:

wdj40 said:

Yes its 1 coin for the 1st Invocation of the day and then another on the 6th. So my main character gets 2 a day whilst my Alt's only get 1 a day as I dont do it 6 times on those.

But yes I think my maths is off lol... It is 2 coins per Elixir so 160 Elixirs would be 320 days... but half that as its my main so I lost 160 days of Invocation I think :)
    You can only get one coin per day for the coin you used to get Elixir (regardless you invoke once or 6 times).
    The coin you can get two per day cannot be used to get Elixir. It is used to get the chests (11 coins per chest).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll forward the issue but I also recommend submitting a ticket to support :)