test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Kill or Treat"

astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
"Destroy creatures and collect [Tasty Treat]...", where is enemy "creatures" in Protestor's Enclave? Their all "Friendly" creatures up-there!

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    it meant that you to adventure in overland zones, to kill to collect 50 treats,

i want to add, spent over an hour after i have 2/50 treats from kills isnt very nice, making players "grind obsessed". this is fun event, not pure grinding for limited time event. completely all wrong!

by the way, devs just made my coffee cold while i was seeking the treats until i saw it need 50 treats, WTH?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    These seem to drop at very low rates. I have one fey blessing rank 13 equipped, thus a 6% chance to drop a R5 enchant. I seem to get 3-4 R5 for every treat I get, thus the treat drop rate is empirically (to me anyway) around a 1.5-2% chance. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a 1% chance, with or without a possible cooldown timer (which may be 30s to 1m extrapolating from other types of drop-timers)

Thus to get 50 treats:

1% chance = 5000 mobs
    1.5% chance = 3000 mobs
    2% chance = 2500 mobs

Is it worth it? Probably not at these dismal drop rates (and thus relatively high amount of treats we have to get = 50)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    All that work for 50 treats gets you one bag of illusionist's goods, the same bag you get for giving one charm in PE. Why are people grinding this? Am I missing something?
    pumpkin king heard it, deep in his lair, hearing his worshippers cried out so loud that all other planar deities already heard across the domains.
    asking themselves what was happening in neverwinter, so they gathering a meeting of the gods.

Pumpkin King came to the meeting and ranting, "Egad! the Horror! Horror of it all!, there is foul wind in Neverwinter, faithfuls went protesting!"
    one of deities in the meeting asked, "what gone wrong?"
    "Adventuerers stir up angers about this prank, the unkindest of all, known as Grind Obsessed and none of them like it" as pumpkin king answered.
    "who had done this dirty deed to make this bad prank in this limited time event?" Ao asked
    "that we will find out who did it, i swear when i find them and i will put warts on them!" as pumpkin king declaired his oath.
    and the scenario end and faded into darkness.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I think the grind isn't just for the bag...it's also to advance your team's progress bar. Here's a hint...you get these tasty treats by killing enemies within 7 levels. I completed this quest for 2 characters in about 2.5hrs...with a few breaks between grinding. Location is the key...try different areas to find the hot spot for you.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Except that the progress bar advances based on how many daily quests you do, not how many critters you kill. Given that, the fastest way to advance the bar graph is to do the dailies on one alt, switch, do the dailies on another alt, rinse, repeat.

This is pretty bad, as event grinds goes. Even money on whether it's worse than grinding 200 Blacklead for the demon sled.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I have been questing and doing dungeons on my DC for two days now, with the mask on, and I have ZERO tasty treats. My other characters (sw, cw, etc) get like one every half hour. But really....zero?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    After the patch on Friday, I got 47 in an hour. The day before, 3. So, at least, the patch improved it. I went back to the area that I had lingering quest not be done for a long time. I went to Well of Dragon. More or less 1 per dozen kills. I did small HE and finished various WoD quests.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Yeah, I have not been focused on grinding this out, just playing "normally" and taking them as they come, but after the adjustment to the drop rate I have noticed a major improvement.

Still taking me 2-3 days to get to 50, but that is far better than the pace I was on before the adjustment.

No, it's nowhere near as efficient as the tricks in terms of getting illusionist bags, but nothing is forcing you to do this, either. You can stay in PE and collect tricks to give to illusionists all day if you want to.
    I wish that the return was better, but it's still just an extra way to get the illusionist bags and generate points for my team.

Not worth getting all worked up about it.
    edited November 2018
    one of my alt just finish that quest in 4 days, my other alts and my main dont bother after 3rd day when reach 35/35 quests filled, i see no point running for tricks after that, it's dead to me, all that gathering 50 drops just for 1 bag. warning to players, JUST Skip it!
    one mistake for devs and we dont like it. not even for RP event.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    wylonus said:

one of my alt just finish that quest in 4 days, my other alts and my main dont bother after 3rd day when reach 35/35 quests filled, i see no point running for tricks after that, it's dead to me, all that gathering 50 drops just for 1 bag. warning to players, JUST Skip it!
    one mistake for devs and we dont like it. not even for RP event.

Actually I much prefer the Kill or Treat as opposed to the mind numbing repeated grind of Trick or Treat... different strokes I suppose.

I just wish the event could be altered a bit to give players the choice of grinding for 4 bags -OR- gathering 150 tasty treat drops for 4 bags.

Not everyone is as fond of farming the same places and having to do the same thing over and over and over and over again, as Neverwinter seems to think we are.

But I will say so far as an upgrade to exiting events go, I think this one was almost a home run with the addition of a couple of new items and the additional quests.

They just missed it, by adding yet another mind numbing grind... or four.

But that's just my 2¢
    DD~