test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reduce the Cool Down Timer

As we all know, once a new module goes live, the older modules lose players and instances (zones) are scarce. I know Chult is already having issues with this and Ravenloft will be soon to follow. Yester Hill is on a 60 minute cool down, I suspect Tyrant and King of Spines are as well. These timers are here to make sure that too many zones don't all have the big event at once spreading the players out to thin.

These should be reduced, for the lack of population in these older zones, or it will become nearly impossible to find an encounter. I know this is not directly about module 15 but it is directly linked to its existence. I propose a timer more like the cult dragons of 20 minutes. I am not saying, it needs to be shown, it could stay hidden. Although anyone, with a clock or stopwatch, knows when they will pop up next. It takes at most 15 minutes to beat the encounter, but when you have 3 to 4 instances as in Chult today, they are very uncommon. My recommendation, this should start in Chult as soon as possible and be worked into Ravenloft in the foreseeable future.

Have fun!
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Maybe they can do as they did with The Dragon Herald Runs in The Well of Dragons, with a twist. Once an hour, every hour, the twist is NEVER ON INSTANCE 1 OR 2. to allow those there to move to other active instances and then the 'Group' can go from zone to zone to zone and complete YH multiple times before the instance starts again the next hour.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I would like to see them keep 1 empty instance open in the WoD. I don't know, if that is possible. But it would make the DR a lot easier to call everyone to the empty zone. Then everyone could jump to the empty when they reached the black dragon.
    wb-cenders.gif