test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change in Preview - Cryptic Reduces Values Prior to Live

I made a guide over here in guides, that as I stated is not a debate. Now the debate is here. What this shows I took screen shots on 9/27 and posted them from Preview. I just took new screen shots and posted them 10/15 and I frankly don't see how they could know these new values will be better or worse without going live. Most of these adjustments are outrageously high in my opinion.

The campaign shows the Cloaked Ascendancy currency at the time was 50 Abandoned Treasures = 1K of RAD. The new value not just adds an Evidence of Evil but doubles the Abandoned Treasures to 100. Anyone still doing the campaign knows Evidence of Evil are hard to get and the life blood of finishing the campaign.

Another look at Barovia Coins. Currently I can buy a salvage crate for 250 coins and get 6,000 to 3,000 RAD or an close average of 4,000 RAD. They said 50 coins would be 1K RAD, (250 coins = 5K RAD), I started saving instead of splurging on salvage. However I took the salvage last night because they increased to 100 and 2 Omens. Even if you finished the campaign and no longer need the omens, 250 coins now 2,500 RAD is far below the current average for the container.

I know that no amount of complaints (here or directed at the developers) will change this, but let's take a look at what we need to do as a community before these changes go into effect in November. Keep the complaints to a minimum because they fall on deaf ears, analyze the data and understand what currency is worth keeping.
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I am not surprised they did this. They're trying to reduce the amount of rough astral diamonds being generated. These changes align with that goal. From where I sit, it looks to me like they're trying to make sure that the only people refining 100k AD per day are those who can no-life the game. If you have a job or other real-life commitments, then I think we can all pretty much kiss any character or guild progress goodbye at this point.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I don't desire to get the RAD farmers upset, the guide was made to assure them the RAD is not leaving the game with the salvage. I make my AD through the AH. I don't want to misdirect anyone on how they should handle their RAD or their AD prior to the November update. Apparently, if you farm RAD it tends to "pile up" since the 100K cap. My issue would be for players still working the campaign such as; the Cloaked Ascendancy, currency is needed to complete it being the Evidence of Evil added to the Abandoned Treasures. I could understand an increase to Abandoned Treasures alone but not to Evidence of Evil or Omens in Barovia.

First the 100K RAD refinement cap was suppose to decrease the accumulation of AD built up in the game and RAD farmers can only earn 700K AD per week. So I don't see this "new volume slider" is going to work either. If you have something in AH, that many players want to get, at one particular time, then they will just stockpile AD. Black Friday was a 50% sale and has been reduced to 40% off. The problem with the bottle neck (as I am seeing it) is directly caused by the only sale that happens once a year. In late Summer or early Fall, all the players start requesting more zen from the Exchange.

The sale creates this bottleneck. The people at Cryptic are working at this like plumbers in a flooded basement, asking where all the water is coming from, and not asking why is the water even there at all. The answer isn't leaky pipes, it is the seasonal rains. I would recommend sales be evenly spread out over the year and not patterned after an old commercial Christmas shopping ploy. Black Friday sales fail in the real world of retail, so why would anyone think they would work in a virtual world?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Well, my point is that the developers obviously believe there are too many people still refining 100k per day. So they are trying to reduce that by making rough astral diamonds harder to get. Epic dungeons are giving out about 6k per run, salvage is going away, and the costs to turn campaign currency into rough astral diamonds have been increased. I get 99.999% of my astral diamonds via refining rough astral diamonds. I've stacked up quite a bit of rough due to the 100k per day cap, which doesn't bother me in the least. I like having a steady stream of astral diamonds accruing, rather than dumping in a bunch one day and none (or very little) the next. I also have a pretty good stockpile of salvage because I don't salvage unless the character doing the salvage has an astral diamond bonus from invoking equal to at least 50% of the value of the salvageable item.

Anyway, my point being that this "new volume slider", as you call it, probably will work given that their goal is to reduce the amount of new astral diamonds being created. Sure, it will take some time for people to deplete their stockpile of rough astral diamonds. However, once that's gone (or mostly gone), then we'll start to see the real effects of these decisions.

While they have said they want the ZAX price to come down from 500:1, that's really a symptom of the larger problem they've decided they have and that they have decided to address. Eventually, even that backlog is likely to mostly or entirely vanish. It's just going to take a while.

If they spread out the sales, it would probably encourage people to open their wallets a bit more often. The question is whether that would actually increase their income. I'm not sure it would because people are going to spend what they are going to spend, for the most part. For example, I've spent the last three months saving for the Winter Charge Event, for both my wife and myself. We'll both be spending $200 during that event. While I might have spent an extra $50 a couple of times on our accounts if there had been sales in August or September, that's not guaranteed and the bulk of our spending would still happen during the Charge Events. My main point here being that most people have a certain amount of money they are either willing or able to allot to spending on things like Neverwinter. Simply because there are more frequent sales does not mean they're going to spend more money than they already do. There are always going to be outliers, of course.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    This is why we can't have nice things ;)

Someone made a stink about the SKT currency and how MASSES of people would farm voninblood because we're all such huge fans of that mod that we want to revisit it. Dev listened to the minority voices and changed not just SKT but all others.

**clap clap clap**

Well done.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I am partly to blame for the way they changed it as I suggested in that voninblod thread they could add in other currencies using how they did the icewind dale campaign currencies for 1000 RAD as a way to fix the issue with that one.

These weren't intended to be major sources of AD generation. Just look at how much currency is needed for sharandar(150 crescents) and dread ring(100 scrips). Those are something that will take days to get the 1000 RAD. Icewind Dale you are limited to 3000 RAD/day just because you can only get 3 tears/gold per day

This is fine IMO. You can get something for the currencies that you might get over time and periodically turn it in for RAD.

Anywho as the OP said using up the barovian coins pre-mod 15 seems to be the better way to go for RAD.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, HAMSTER this mod completely. There'll be no reason to anything but dungeons for rAD, any other method will be woefully inefficient. That's the only kind of content the devs wants us to run. They clearly do not want players that prefers other parts of the game to play at all. They promised they'd make a way to keep rAD earnings in hunts but they clearly lied about that.
    Just confirms my decision that I'm out of this game completely. They're HAMSTER over professions and any kind of rAD earning that doesn't rely on mindlessly repeating group content half of which is bugged to hell and back.

So yeah, as of this post this game has one less player. Enjoy the grind you all.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

Yeah, HAMSTER this mod completely. There'll be no reason to anything but dungeons for rAD, any other method will be woefully inefficient. That's the only kind of content the devs wants us to run. They clearly do not want players that prefers other parts of the game to play at all. They promised they'd make a way to keep rAD earnings in hunts but they clearly lied about that.
    Just confirms my decision that I'm out of this game completely. They're HAMSTER over professions and any kind of rAD earning that doesn't rely on mindlessly repeating group content half of which is bugged to hell and back.

So yeah, as of this post this game has one less player. Enjoy the grind you all.

Last nights patch added RAD from hunts as they said they would. Ya you don't get as much as you did before. But that was to be expected.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    empalas said:

ilithyn said:

Last nights patch added RAD from hunts as they said they would. Ya you don't get as much as you did before. But that was to be expected.
    Yes because the devs wishes to punish everyone who doesn't like their bugged to hell and back dungeons.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    LFM MULTI TIA 23/25

win

10 sec requeue (someone pls pick blue this time)
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

LFM MULTI TIA 23/25

win

10 sec requeue (someone pls pick blue this time)

Epic.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***