test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SH boons bound permanent on character

classicque2classicque2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
Can we have SH boons bounded permanent on character please? It will makes players more free and unbound from any guild where leaders/officers can be rare HAMSTER.
Many spend so much resources so much time and can be kicked for no reason.

HAMSTER filter manually applied by moderator.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• classicque2classicque2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
    Getting in a guild is easy to do. Having to spend a respec token every time you want to change from mount speed to revive sickness time would be obnoxious.

What a pathetic excuse to give players more freedom. Seems to ure one of the this guild leaders and afraid ur guild go empty
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If you want guild boons, be in a guild. This is not rocket science.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Greetings,

Personally I think it would be a bad idea, because all players will join a lvl 20 Guild, and then leave it.
    Everyone will get the boons without doing anything, so the system will be totally useless.

However, the dev team is also thinking to some new options, like allowing players to temporarily "buy" a stronghold with some boons.

Moderation notes for everyone: please remain respectful and continue to publish constructive feedbacks. Off-topic and disrespectful comments will be removed. By the way, this applies to all discussions, of course.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Can we have SH boons bounded permanent on character please? It will makes players more free and unbound from any guild where leaders/officers can be rare HAMSTER.

No. This is not a good idea. If the guild you're in is being led by "HAMSTER", then I would say you're in the wrong guild and should find one with people with whom you get along. As far as being kicked for no reason, that's true of all guilds - except the one you lead. So if you don't want to run the risk of being kicked for no reason, then you should start your own guild and lead it. However, I have never seen it happen where someone was kicked from a guild for no reason. In my experience, every time someone was kicked from a guild, there was a reason for it. That person may or may not have felt it was a valid reason, but that doesn't change the fact that there was a reason for their removal. So for now, if you want guild boons, then you need to be in a guild. That's how it works. Maybe the developers will come up with alternatives in the future and maybe they won't. However, for now, you have to be in a guild to get the boons and that's a good thing.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    As is, this idea is a non-starter for reasons others have stated. However, something along these lines could have been possible where as someone donated tons of stuff they could have been given credit for that and maybe walk away with something, but I'm 99% sure they never kept track of donations. That makes fair compensation in the form of permanent boons or taking some of your donations with you to another guild completely impossible.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    With this idea, everyone MUST go to different level 20 guild to gather all different type of SH boon. Then, decide where to settle.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

As a guild leader I have unfortunately had to kick people from my guild. It's never been for "No Reason" ... usually the reason I kick people is pretty obvious to everyone in the guild when it happens. In fact, most guild leaders HATE having to kick contributing members, because it slows down Stronghold progress. Unfortunately, there will always be those who cannot get along with others and need to go. My advise is that if you have been kicked, ask why ... and then go find a guild where the people and leaders are more agreeable to you. Who knows, they may even have better boons than the guild you got kicked from!
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader

As a guild leader I have unfortunately had to kick people from my guild. It's never been for "No Reason" ... usually the reason I kick people....
    Im not got kicked, but leader kicked much guildies cuz they dont have same opinion as guild leader. And leader go afk, do nothing connect once per month that no1 got promoted to leader rank. Now hafl guild left as u know most important guild is ur friend list. And this guild now exist like dead shadow and officers cant do nothing about.
    All tired regular dramas in guild, many would change guild but all regret about time and resources wasted. So perfect solution if all leave have boons bounded at least.

As a guild leader I have unfortunately had to kick people from my guild. It's never been for "No Reason" ... usually the reason I kick people....
    Im not got kicked, but leader kicked much guildies cuz they dont have same opinion as guild leader. And leader go afk, do nothing connect once per month that no1 got promoted to leader rank. Now hafl guild left as u know most important guild is ur friend list. And this guild now exist like dead shadow and officers cant do nothing about.
    All tired regular dramas in guild, many would change guild but all regret about time and resources wasted. So perfect solution if all leave have boons bounded at least.
    Still not the perfect solution. It's not even a good solution. If you want guild boons, then be in a guild. If the boons are that important to you, then you have to decide whether to put up with a tyrant, go find a guild not led by a tyrant, or start your own guild. My guild will be level 9 this Saturday afternoon. If I could get even five active players who are willing to contribute to the guild, I would be delirious. Right now, it's just me and my wife as the most active players and I have one semi-active player who contributes as he can. With very few exceptions, all the rest of the people I have invited have ended up leaving because they want better boons, even though the alliance we are in is plenty active with people looking to group at all hours of the day and night. I don't harbour any ill will toward those players who opted to leave my guild for a higher level guild with more boons; that's their prerogative. However, it certainly illustrates that - for most people - guilds are more about the boons than they are about the camaraderie. Therefore, if you want the guild boons, then you should have to be in a guild. Period.
    I lost a long-standing guild member not too long ago (2+ years). It was easier to hop guilds than it was to continue helping to build.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Also doesn't help with maintaining friendship, willingness to run content with that former member, etc.
    Here is an idea. Not necessary a good idea and I don't expect it will be implemented. I just bring it up for the heck of it.

Allow the guildless player to have the guild boon after he was kicked or left the guild for up to the same amount of days he stayed in that guild. If you joined the guild for 10 days, you keep the boon for 10 days. If you were in that guild for a year, you can keep the boon for another year. The boon will be gone once you join a new guild.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

That's what Claimjumpers want. Go from Guild to Guild To Guild and eventually yoy have all the Boons Permanently. . . Forever. No real work needed. It's just like someone else walking through your house and getting all the benefits of being in your family, without taking on any of the responsibilities of being in your family. . . multiple times, with multiple families. If this were true, every one would want to be in the Clinton Tribe, the kardashian Tribe, the Soros Tribe, the Kerry Tribe, the Obama tribe. . . etc., etc.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I don't see a situation where any guild leader would kick any member who is an active contributer unless there is a personality conflict.

If they did they wouldn't be a HAMSTER, they'd be a simpleton

In which case, leave the HAMSTER guild with your dignity intact and go find one better suited to your own ideals.

Cos' there's no lack of guilds looking for active players to bolster their numbers.

The suggestion to bind guild boons would be far more likely to see a run on L20 guilds from members of low level guilds who would join and jump and go back to their old guilds with a big cheesy grin and a huge bump in IL.

Solutions that create bigger issues are not really solutions.

I would prefer some boons for guildless players, where they can donate on their own and don't have to bother about 2k IL difference. If this player join any guild, he can use only guildboons, but can go on working on his own boons, just can't use them as long he is in any guild.

I wouldn't have a problem with this because I know there are people who simply refused to join guilds for whatever reason.

I would prefer some boons for guildless players, where they can donate on their own and don't have to bother about 2k IL difference. If this player join any guild, he can use only guildboons, but can go on working on his own boons, just can't use them as long he is in any guild.

I wouldn't have a problem with this because I know there are people who simply refused to join guilds for whatever reason.
    I like this idea too
    edited October 2018

I don't see a situation where any guild leader would kick any member who is an active contributer unless there is a personality conflict.

I can give you an example and it did happen.
    The SH is fully built (and it does not have to be fully built). The lone GL kicked everybody. Sell the guild and get money. The newer owner takes over. Change the name of the guild .....
    Of course, you can chalk this as "personality conflict", the GL conflicts with everybody else. ;)

The SH is fully built (and it does not have to be fully built). The lone GL kicked everybody. Sell the guild and get money. The newer owner takes over. Change the name of the guild .....
    Of course, you can chalk this as "personality conflict", the GL conflicts with everybody else. ;)
    At the same time, the step of "kick everyone else" is not required to sell the guild and get money. I would be surprised if at least the officers didn't already have some idea the guild leader was capable of behaving this way. Though I suppose true HAMSTER are like serial killers insofar as they are able to blend in and hide amongst the regular population.
    edited October 2018

At the same time, the step of "kick everyone else" is not required to sell the guild and get money. I would be surprised if at least the officers didn't already have some idea the guild leader was capable of behaving this way. Though I suppose true HAMSTER are like serial killers insofar as they are able to blend in and hide amongst the regular population.
    It is "required" because the new owner wants to move his people over and does not want to deal with a bunch of original angry members and have bad reputation in the community.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

That happens a lot does it?

That would still fall under "simpleton".
    Why sell a guild with no members? Sell it with as many members as you can and give the new owner the option.
    That way if the new owner wants an empty guild... I'm sure it happens every day... they can kick everyone.
    But in the more likely instance they want their shiny new guild to have Members, they already have them.

Giving sticky boons in case a few guild leaders are a bit soft in the head doesn't come close to balancing the abuse such a change would generate.
    edited October 2018

That happens a lot does it?

That would still fall under "simpleton".
    Why sell a guild with no members? Sell it with as many members as you can and give the new owner the option.
    That way if the new owner wants an empty guild... I'm sure it happens every day... they can kick everyone.
    But in the more likely instance they want their shiny new guild to have Members, they already have them.

Giving sticky boons in case a few guild leaders are a bit soft in the head doesn't come close to balancing the abuse such a change would generate.
    Because the guild was built by the cooperation of many people. GL does not build the SH on his own. This GL is robbing his members. This GL has no right to sell the guild. If he has to leave, the new GL should be among the existing members. GL is not a company owner and the members are not employee. The existing members are not sheep and do nothing. They will be pissed. They can complain and report. The new owner really does not want to deal with the probable fallout after handing over money.

The new owner(s) would be from an existing guild which has many members already. They sometime need expansion and/or different favour of boons (PVP vs PVE). If the SH is already fully built, it does not need any angry member to help them to build up. They don't need any angry new member. Old member stays in the guild has access to the guild log and 'evidence'.

I came across a few guild that was built up from day 1 based on 2 physical guild and 2 SH to entertain different toon for PVE and PVP. I am not saying these guilds are buying from the scam. I am saying it is kind of common to have guild that has 2 SH.

Post edited by plasticbat on

Because the guild was built by the cooperation of many people. GL does not build the SH on his own. This GL is robbing his members. This GL has no right to sell the guild. If he has to leave, the new GL should be among the existing members. GL is not a company owner and the members are not employee. The existing members are not sheep and do nothing. They will be pissed. They can complain and report. The new owner really does not want to deal with the probable fallout after handing over money.

While the bolded is true, it does not change the fact that whoever is rank 7 is effectively an owner of the guild. That means they can do whatever they want with it and there's little or nothing anyone can do about it.
    edited October 2018

While the bolded is true, it does not change the fact that whoever is rank 7 is effectively an owner of the guild. That means they can do whatever they want with it and there's little or nothing anyone can do about it.
    Yes for the GL can do whatever they want. No, for the member is not employee. They won't follow/obey the new owner like an employee especially if they consider they own/contribute the SH and the new owner obtained the guild illegally. What they can do is to report to Cryptic which may or may not do anything. That usually depends on who is complaining and how close the connection that person to the dev is. They may spread the name of the new owner/guild in the community (only if they know who the new owner/guild is). Hence, in my point of view, why would the new owner take any risk of keeping a bunch of strangers?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I'm against this idea.

The reason being - too many bad players and flatearthers spamming guild/alliance chat without any decency.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

Why even bother.... how about give every1 a boons just right after they create a new character....

P.S. Kicking for "no reason" its not a commont thing you know....most of kicked ones earn it very hard
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    pterias said:

As is, this idea is a non-starter for reasons others have stated. However, something along these lines could have been possible where as someone donated tons of stuff they could have been given credit for that and maybe walk away with something, but I'm 99% sure they never kept track of donations. That makes fair compensation in the form of permanent boons or taking some of your donations with you to another guild completely impossible.

Idea is not bad - implementing in game is. Just count down whole costs of materials needed for full guild upgrade. Now how much a single member can donate for it? Sure I could be suprised as ofr example some1 can spend real money for it, but than again should that "transferable boon" be equal to % value - it would be small. And what if some1 was a member of different guilds?

And lets not forget that there is also a opposite situation - some1 can join a guild already at lvl 20 - so he get boons for free.
    Its not fair to those who already sacrifice a lot to build that guild.

Current system may have its flaws, but in general, it works.
This discussion has been closed.