test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leather armor looks like plate

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I had a rogue with two pieces of armor. Both were green +6 (whatever) leather armor of (whatever), one was level 64, the other level 68.

But instead of displaying whatever leather armor appearance they should have shown for my character, when I previewed these armors they had the appearance of plate armor on my rogue.

Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone tried on the armor to confirm the appearance is actually what is previewed or if the appearance is that of leather armor and the preview function is somehow messed up for these armors?
Post edited by mithrosnomore on

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! Is this happening with other leather armor? It could be a visual lag if it later displayed accurately.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

Hello! Is this happening with other leather armor? It could be a visual lag if it later displayed accurately.

Thank you for the response.

I have not noticed it with any leather armor other than the uncommon "+6 (whatever) leather armor of (whatever).

I did not try actually try the armors on because I did not want my rogue running around in plate-looking armor and I figured (correctly) that I could sell the armor for a few ADs. If I actually tried it on then I would have been limited to selling it for gold or converting it into refinement points, and I wanted to at least try and see if I could get some AD for it before settling on one of the other choices.

And just to be clear, this was happening with a rogue. This wasn't a guardian fighter or paladin looking at this for kicks and not seeing a change. This was a character seeing a different armor from what he was wearing, but it was not the armor that it should have been.

I have been playing a lower-level character recently so I haven't had any more of this type of armor drop, but I guess I can go to the auction house and see if some is for sale there, and if so preview it from the AH window and leave the preview window open for a while to see if it changes, and do so with other classes to see if that makes any difference.

I know that my ranger or paladin can not actually wear the armor, but they can still preview it.

I'll look into later when I get the chance and post an update here.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Okay, I went to the AH, did a search for "+6" restricted to armor and for the rogue class, and started previewing armors that showed up in the results.

I didn't actually check all of them, but I did check several different ones and all of the green armors that I checked come up showing plate in the preview window, and I waited for a minute+ on one of them to see if it changed.

The blue +6 armors were showing up as leather, the green +6 armors showing up as plate.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the update! I'll share it with the team
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I have been using this +6 armor to transmute my gear for a long time...

Looks nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!