test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random QUEUE glitch

arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
edited October 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Source of this document cant be mentioned here but because of rules, but i can share this, all credits to the sources for giving to the neverwinter online community info only all the update and good job they have done all these years, now back to the article enjoy.
"
Glitch Allows to See the Random Queue Dungeon You Will Get

During the last days a new glitch gained traction in the game that allows players to see what dungeon they’ll get when queuing up for the random queue. You might have witnessed an increased amount of lfg requests for the “Advanced Queue” or “Expert Queue” that also list a specific dungeon (most likely EDEMO and TONG). That’s because players figured out that the drawn dungeon hides in plain sight, kind of. But hey, you’re not getting details from us because we don’t want people to get all butthurt again. The cats out the bag anyway since both bigger Neverwinter Subs opened threads on the issue.

The fact that even the official sub allows talk about the topic might indicate that this is not seen as a severe issue. But who knows. PWE could very well send out a message to a limited amount of players in three months that they are aware of an exploit regarding the queue system and will ban for it. Anyway, this type of issue with the random queue isn’t new. For a limited time, players could already guess what dungeon they would get because the game would show the number of total players in the queue. So ten players meant you were getting a trial for example. That got patched, but the current issue brings peeking at random queue results back! This time it’s even the dungeon itself, not just the amount of players. So far this is only confirmed for PC by the way.

Random Queue System Still Has Flaws
In a more general sense this indicates that the random queue system still has some flaws. Although the Ravenloft rework did help a little bit, the fundamental issue is still intact. Since it’s one of the major sources of Rough Astral Diamonds and hence farm content, players are looking for the fastest completion. And the content inside the different queues is still not equally hard or equally fast to complete. That’s why players like to shortcut by doing what they feel is the most convenient way of getting a through the grind."

these glitch are game team/test team fault not players fault and if those glitches are in the live version of the game is to be used(its live its good to use). If these were tested before being sent to live none of these ban waves would be happening, but they have TOS on their side so they can do the mistakes but player base cant so player base pays for their mistakes.

Comments

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    At the game current state ... I don't think the game will able to survive another ban wave.
    Even without ban wave once this exploit is fixed, expert queue fail rate be very high which lead to more players getting upset.

Lost many players from previous ban wave, many who survived has lost motivation to play.. just too much stuff happened at the same time.

i could be wrong but what i saw so far is...

Hunts Ban wave -> 3 days long maintenance -> reveal a circus for mod 15 with recycle content-> class balance -> profession overhaul -> Salvage and keys/loot changes ->random queue exploit (potential ban wave)

The changes can be for better, but after witnessed that above cycle how many be still around after that?
    Post edited by jase2cool on
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Never did this peek thing and wouldnt even try. We pushed their buttons and they showed they wont take it. The ban wave was a bit overkill but its driving a point. If you are peeking to queue a certain dungeon then just queue that dungeon. The reason the rewards are better for random q is because you get a random dungeon that is ment to be extra challanging
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    ...yes they are God in their little Realm...hopefully they never demand ur first born
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Don't cheat, exploit, or break the rules that are laid down and you'll be fine.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I actually know how to do this. It's not hard. For me, it's not worth the effort since I only run RLQ and RIQ. My characters are capable of doing whatever they get in those. If I bothered to run RAQ or REQ, then I'd probably engage in this.
  • rockkk52rockkk52 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    What if someone ques and gets CR then leaves and tries again and gets Tong. Isn't that the same thing in principle? Is that exploitation too? I'm soooo confused on the terms. So merely declining is considered an exploit? I'm not even sure what's what anymore.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    rockkk52 said:

What if someone ques and gets CR then leaves and tries again and gets Tong. Isn't that the same thing in principle? Is that exploitation too? I'm soooo confused on the terms. So merely declining is considered an exploit? I'm not even sure what's what anymore.

Not the same. If you are the first one to leave, you take the penalty. That is the rule. People who decline because they see what they are getting is an exploit because you are not suppose to have that information and act on it.