test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD 15 Making Alts Worthless/Extra Character Slots invalidated.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

If you use alts to play them, then none of the new changes from mod 15 prevent that.

If you just say we should have catchup mechanics to allow alts to be playable, I'd say that those exist: Ravenloft in particular made it very easy to get gear.

Prior to mod 14 I use to have 6 alts I played every day. I would do one campaign zone, 2 dungeons, and than if needed help an alliance member. Than I would move onto another characters. Some days I wouldn't get to all of them and other days I did. I enjoyed being able to earn enough Salvage AD on each character to rank up that character companion, enchantments, etc...Since mod 14 I have stopped playing all but a DC, CW, GF and OP with my GF recently going on the shelf in late September. I played them all because each one was different and playing them for RAD allowed me to earn AD for each character but now with the cap on the account there is no incentive to play my alts.

As for the profession side; all of my characters have leadership 25 and I can tell you this right now that leadership 25 is not as profitable as being a mastercrafter. You earn more AD being a MC than you do with leadership. The only thing leadership offers is refinement and the refinement you get from leadership is lower than what you could earn when you run a few CoDG or T9s. There really is no profit in leadership like you think. I use it mainly to gain refinement for my tank but even than it is not as good as simply playing my tank and earning it. I use to play catch up on my OP as I rarely play my OP and use all my refinement I do get on getting my last few enchantments up to R14 on my other two characters. My tank is there simply to fill in when we don't have a tank or cannot find one for a run.

Alts were fun and worth something. Now they are not worth playing like before because the devs are placing more restrictions on the game making it less alt friendly. Also the cost of getting an alt to be efficient is quite a high. It is easily a few million AD just on companions. Add to it artifact gear, refining artifacts and enchantments and the cost just goes up.

Looking back on my alts I wish I would have never bought them or spent the time getting them better because if I never did that I would have 3 characters with all r13/r14 enchantments. Instead I have 4 characters that I will not be using due the game changes making alt less attractive to play.

Anyone can state that you play an alt to play them because they are different. You are right with that. That is why I have a DC, CW and a tank to play, because each one plays different. What does not play different is just being a DPS, healer/buffer or a tank. You have a specific role to fill and because of that and the changes to the game playing a dps alt is not worth it in the game current or future state. Keeping alts in mod 14 was for profession reasons either master crafting or leadership and soon alts will become less valuable.

As for these changes if they are going to ruin alts being useful in other areas let's completely ruin them and try to make a bit of money off older alts while they are at it. The praying for the coins, make them account bound. Than offer a zen transfer token for 1,000 and it would allow us to transfer 1 item (companion, gear, artifacts, etc...) from one character to another. I know I would consider buying that as I have alts that I don't use that I would like an artifact or companion to move from one character to one of my primary characters.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    The Present Professions System takes little time and doesn't detract from the Gaming Experience. The new Professions System however. . . takes hours away from gaming, which may turn to minutes as your professionals rank past level 70 and advance to Chultan Masterworks, Master Works I-II, MasterWorks III, MasterWorks IV-V, Wonders of Gond and Wondrous Items.

The last 3 areas (MasterWorks IV-V, Wonders of Gond and Wondrous Items) is where everyone wants to be, NOT making Bronze Knives, Stilled Water, Simple Leather, Cotton Cloth, Bronze Armor, Bronze Rings, Pearl Rings, and Wood Icons. They want to make Epic and Legendary Items that they can sell to other players or to South Seas Trading for Thousands of Gold, hundreds of Trade Bars or Millions of AD.

You really need to give one Rank 1 White (Common) professional in each Profession at the start. You need some low level projects that take 8+ hours so we can get some sleep time, You really need to give every Character that has maxxed out to Rank 25 in a profession by the time Mod 15 hits, an Epic Professional at Rank 70 so they can advance beyond to Chultan Masterworks, Master Works I-II, MasterWorks III, MasterWorks IV-V, Wonders of Gond and Wondrous Items.without haveing to spend weeks and weeks getting your professionals up to level 70. The Good News is that after 2-3 rankups it will only tadke Days and Days to get a profession up to Rank 70. Then you will have solved 1 problem, Having professionals that can rank up as fast as player characters. You also need some Medium and High (1-70) level projects that need 8+ hours to finish, again for sleep.

The Materials bag needs to be expanded to 120% of the number of items that can be put into it to allow for expansion from 1-70 tasks, Chultan tasks, MW I-II, MW III, MW IV-V, Wonders of Gond and Wondrous Items. Trying to figure out how to get a :Profession to the point where I can hire professionals to a new profession. I think it is level 70, but nothing is written down and easily accesssed.

Also, we went from up to 9 projects in the present system to six (3 gathering, 3 Workbench) in the new system. The delivery box should be expanded so that you can access it a couple of times and there will still be open slots to fill with projects. Otherwise, players have to check their Delivery Box as often as they check their Cell phone.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    400 Morale per character per day. Yeh, I think my alts have value.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • kayturner#2276 kayturner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The new change where they are even getting rid of rp gems for straight RP in chests further makes gearing alts more of a pain. If they do something like that, they should make RP to be able to transferred between characters through the shared bank.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited October 2018

400 Morale per character per day. Yeh, I think my alts have value.

Looking at the number of materials required to craft Crates of Transmuted Gold for donation to my guild, I can tell that I'm going to be carefully planning which characters are gathering which materials and then crafting those materials into other ingredients. All my and my wife's alts will still have use. The real question will be whether or not we'll generate enough gold to keep them all supplied and churning out ingredients. Doing that task requires these two final ingredients: 3x raw gold ingot, 1x Aureus Index, some oak lumber, and some ash lumber (I forget the quantities). The gold ingots each require 4x gold sand. The Aureus Index requires 1x gold sand, 1x black ink, 1x fine parchment. The black ink requires iron sand (1x, iirc), fish glue (1x?), and one or two other items that I cannot currently recall. The fine parchment is made from flax (and I think one other ingredient). Fortunately, the lumber comes just from logs. Overall, the base cost to gather and create all this is between 7g and 8g, which is before your artisan's commission multiplier is applied (and which can raise or lower that amount, of coruse).

I'm hoping to get all our characters more or less permanently gathering crates of astral diamonds. After that, I'll have to figure out who's gathering and making what, depending on what I need to make for the guild.

The new change where they are even getting rid of rp gems for straight RP in chests further makes gearing alts more of a pain. If they do something like that, they should make RP to be able to transferred between characters through the shared bank.

You'll be able to use Gathering to collect raw stones (peridot, sapphire. emerald, black opal, etc), then use Jewelcrafting to turn them into finished/polished stones. Of course, if Jewelcrafting and Gathering are both level 70, then there's little point making anything other than black opals.

You'll be able to use Gathering to collect raw stones (peridot, sapphire. emerald, black opal, etc), then use Jewelcrafting to turn them into finished/polished stones. Of course, if Jewelcrafting and Gathering are both level 70, then there's little point making anything other than black opals.

That gives gems via crafting but they still are making gems from chests less frequent which are gems from other sources that you get at your own liberty instead of having to wait for the task to complete. It is one of those things where if you got a day off and you want to farm RP you could do a dungeon a bunch and get a bunch of gems to pass off to an alt. With the latest patch on the preview server you will be given directly RP which serves no purpose besides making RP nontransferable between characters which might be done to save inventory space but also hurts people who have alts and might do dungeons on characters who are good on RP.

@kayturner#2276 I didn't realize they'd made that change. Thank you for sharing that information. That's definitely a player-hostile change, in my opinion. Not only will it make it harder to move RP between characters, it reduces the RP you get since there are no gems to double during 2x refining stone events, like last weekend. It could be that one of their goals is to force people to move enchantments between alts in order to share/move RP between characters, with the knock-on effect being that people are spending more gold to unslot enchantments.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    How about the stuff from Quartermaster and Wanderer's fortune? Will that be RP or RP items? I asked because most of the RP items I got are from them and not from the chests of dungeon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited October 2018

@kayturner#2276 I didn't realize they'd made that change. Thank you for sharing that information. That's definitely a player-hostile change, in my opinion. Not only will it make it harder to move RP between characters, it reduces the RP you get since there are no gems to double during 2x refining stone events, like last weekend. It could be that one of their goals is to force people to move enchantments between alts in order to share/move RP between characters, with the knock-on effect being that people are spending more gold to unslot enchantments.

They didn't that I have read. I think his post, while accurate, is a little misleading from the way I'm reading it. It is accurate in the sense that there will be fewer chests and mob dropped RP will be unable to be moved to an alt. It is misleading in saying they are making gems from chests less frequent. It sounds like to contents of the remaining chests have changed. AFAIK, only dungeon end chests will be changed and they didn't drop many RP items.

Chests will still drop as they did and come from lockboxes, but many of the chests have been eliminated. So there will be much fewer to open during events. All the ones from leadership are certainly gone, which are the main ones opened during 2X enchant. The drops from Fey blessing and Quartermasters remain unchanged, unless I missed an update which is quite possible. And will still be moveable to alts.

The farming dungeons for RP to move to alts seemed odd. Most players who farm dungeons don't bother with the drops and would not care if the drop was an actual RP item or the points went straight into their balance. But some do, so this change will have a minor impact to some players. Not that many RP items dropped from dungeon mobs or the end chest in my experience. It seemed I always found much more from Wanderers, Quartermasters and Feys.

Anyway, that's how I understand it.
    zephyriah said:

They didn't that I have read. I think his post, while accurate, is a little misleading from the way I'm reading it. It is accurate in the sense that there will be fewer chests and mob dropped RP will be unable to be moved to an alt. It is misleading in saying they are making gems from chests less frequent. It sounds like to contents of the remaining chests have changed. AFAIK, only dungeon end chests will be changed and they didn't drop many RP items.

Chests will still drop as they did and come from lockboxes, but many of the chests have been eliminated. So there will be much fewer to open during events. All the ones from leadership are certainly gone, which are the main ones opened during 2X enchant. The drops from Fey blessing and Quartermasters remain unchanged, unless I missed an update which is quite possible. And will still be moveable to alts.

The farming dungeons for RP to move to alts seemed odd. Most players who farm dungeons don't bother with the drops and would not care if the drop was an actual RP item or the points went straight into their balance. But some do, so this change will have a minor impact to some players. Not that many RP items dropped from dungeon mobs or the end chest in my experience. It seemed I always found much more from Wanderers, Quartermasters and Feys.

It is definitely not my intention to be misleading.

My main is a GF sitting at 15.3k ilvl and although my stats are good I'm not wanted for most end game content with people only taking OP tanks. So I been focusing on leveling my DC and OP so I can possibly get into those dungeons. I been running the few FBI or ToNG I can get my GF into and passing the jewels over to my OP for RP needed to upgrade her gear. So having jewels from HEs and final chests of dungeons removed and be straight deposit to my RP hinders this process. (FBI, MSP, and ToNG both give blood ruby or jadeites.)

zephyriah said:

It is definitely not my intention to be misleading.

My main is a GF sitting at 15.3k ilvl and although my stats are good I'm not wanted for most end game content with people only taking OP tanks. So I been focusing on leveling my DC and OP so I can possibly get into those dungeons. I been running the few FBI or ToNG I can get my GF into and passing the jewels over to my OP for RP needed to upgrade her gear. So having jewels from HEs and final chests of dungeons removed and be straight deposit to my RP hinders this process. (FBI, MSP, and ToNG both give blood ruby or jadeites.)
    If you specialize your RP usage, I think it will still be fine. Use your main and other dungeon runners to upgrade enchantments, as these will have the most RP from those higher value blood rubies/Jadeites. These enchantments can be freely moved between your characters. Just don't use a bound one as the starting point for any. On non-main/lesser played characters, only use their RP for weapon, artifacts/equipment and supplement their pool with RP earned on your main through Wanderer, Feys and Quartermasters.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Also, your bank/leadership/prayer alts will still be getting RP from prayer XP rewards and prayer refinement bags. That's all character-bound but you can pass enchants around to them to use it up. It's not "run Leadership on 15 toons" level of refinement gain, but it's some.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Certain sources of Refinement were changed to direct RP, but not dungeon chests, critter drops, and many other sources of gems. The two main changes were HE rewards and Overflow XP rewards to stop players from hording up 100s of those rewards for double RP events. Players will still get plenty of tradeable gems from playing.
    edited October 2018

Certain sources of Refinement were changed to direct RP, but not dungeon chests, critter drops, and many other sources of gems. The two main changes were HE rewards and Overflow XP rewards to stop players from hording up 100s of those rewards for double RP events. Players will still get plenty of tradeable gems from playing.
    Most people does not hoard HE rewards to 2xRP. It is hoarded to 2xseals. Hence, you won't discourage people hoarding HE rewards.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Most people does not hoard HE rewards to 2xRP. It is hoarded to 2xseals. Hence, you won't discourage people hoarding HE rewards.
    I'm sure there are people who hoard those for that reason. I'm definitely not one of them. Too much book-keeping for me because I'd have to track what rewards I've gotten, when, and how many I can/should collect (such as when doing HE's in the SH for influence). I have a tendency to run lots of influence runs when I do them, then collect just five every day until they're out.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Mod 15 removes hoarding of both double seals and gems for RP. With the changes for salvage and RP it removes the need to hoard HE all together. So it will work as intended.

edited October 2018

Mod 15 removes hoarding of both double seals and gems for RP. With the changes for salvage and RP it removes the need to hoard HE all together. So it will work as intended.

Are you saying there will be no 2xseal in mod 15? In Mod 15, seal can be exchanged to rAD directly.
    Will there be 2xRefining stone at all in mod 15? I hope it will still have.
    edited October 2018

I'm sure there are people who hoard those for that reason. I'm definitely not one of them. Too much book-keeping for me because I'd have to track what rewards I've gotten, when, and how many I can/should collect (such as when doing HE's in the SH for influence). I have a tendency to run lots of influence runs when I do them, then collect just five every day until they're out.
    In this case, you don't hoard HE reward at all even now. Hence, you won't hoard in mod 15. By the way, you should have hoarded for 2xinfluence but that is a different story.
    I was saying for those who are hoarding HE reward in mod 14 are for waiting for 2xseal. If there will be no 2xseal in mod 15, then, yes, there will be no reason for this group of people to do so.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    edited October 2018

In this case, you don't hoard HE reward at all even now. Hence, you won't hoard in mod 15. By the way, you should have hoarded for 2xinfluence but that is a different story.
    I was saying for those who are hoarding HE reward in mod 14 are for waiting for 2xseal. If there will be no 2xseal in mod 15, then, yes, there will be no reason for this group of people to do so.
    I don't think he is saying there will be no 2Xseals in Mod 15, but thinks like RP the seals rewards will be going straight into inventory. If that is the case, then there will be no way to hoard either. I haven't run any HE's on preview to test. I don't know if seals are automatic or you still need to collect. I thought I read that the collection step was being removed completely, but I am not certain.
    edited October 2018
    zephyriah said:

I don't think he is saying there will be no 2Xseals in Mod 15, but thinks like RP the seals rewards will be going straight into inventory. If that is the case, then there will be no way to hoard either. I haven't run any HE's on preview to test. I don't know if seals are automatic or you still need to collect. I thought I read that the collection step was being removed completely, but I am not certain.
    Right now, after you complete a HE, there is a HE reward button comes up. There is a step to open it. If that step will still exist, RP will not generate any RP item but direct RP. Hence, 2xRefining stone (which only applies to certain RP items) will have no effect to it.

When you open the HE reward, it also put Seal directly to your purse, the current behavior. There is no seal "item". Hence, if there is 2xSeal, that should still have effect.

If the HE reward button is gone, that means the step I talked about will not exist. Hence, there is no way to hoard it even if one wants to.

So, will the HE reward button be gone and all the items will just all go to my inventory and/or purse without my interaction?

Now, for me, I will hate it if I have no way to hoard both HE reward and XP overflow reward.
    I hoard them not only because of the 2x effect but much more for inventory management.
    Hoarding them allows me to choose the time to deal with them in one shot instead of every (say) 10 minutes and pop the seal vendor to clear the seal (at least I have VIP to pop the seal vendor).
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Wow this is quite a thread!

IMO alts in general won't be useless. Playable alts will still be playable. Profitable army alts will defiantly take a hit.

Personally I have 51/57 character slots used. I do professions on my first 12 of them when possible. I invoke my full account once a day for the coin. My first 8 are 1 of each class, Next 4 are bank toons, remaining 39 are profit toons used to feed mains. 3 of my first 8 are 16k-17.1k and I consider them playable alts. The rest were used to gain what I could for my mains. Did I abuse the system? I don't feel I did. The slots were sold to me with WAI features that I utilized. That's how I chose to play. Cryptic decided they didn't like the way we were using the slots and started making changes. This doesn't put me in the wrong for using them in the first place. I don't feel Cryptic is in the wrong either, at the end of the day they are trying to keep the game alive despite how we feel about changes.

Do I feel compensation is required? Not a chance! What I spent on character slots has been recoop'd 100 times over from invoking and professions on those extra slots! If I bought them the day before these changes were announced I might feel differently but I didn't, I bought them in 2 batches when they were on sale for 100 zen for 2 slots.

One thing I will say is I'm glad I started this game when I did and am not a new player coming in now! I seen a comment along this thread about an alt taking 5 years to get up to a decent IL. That is actually a fair assessment! It takes a long freaking time to build up a character. Even with using alts to feed your mains! That is my biggest peev about the recent changes and the upcoming changes. How is a new player supposed to get up to end game content in a reasonable amount of time?

@kayturner My GF is more desired than my DC these days for end game runs! Setup a IV Tact loadout and a DPS loadout for end game content and swap between the two. I run DPS for Tong/FBI/MSP(most of the time) and IV Tact for CODG/CR all run with a Devo OP. End game content ROCKS on GF! I find it a lot of fun! Class feat Enchanced Mark will help you keep aggro as IV Tact, Steel Defense will help keep you alive as you facetank on a DPS loadout :) I lead in with Villain's Menace so Steel Defense will leave me immune for a few seconds for support classes and lifesteal to start pumping! If ya ever wanna talk GFs hit me up!(@reg1981) I DEFINATLY don't know it all, but I know enough to have lots of fun in end game runs!

You're right: I won't be hoarding HE rewards in mod 15 or probably any future mod. I don't have any problem with people who choose to hoard them. They might still hoard them. In fact, I'm sure they will because the seals can be used to buy rough astral diamonds directly. As far as I know, there will still be 2x seals events. I can't imagine they'll remove those. I'm hoping that the gear you can currently buy with seals for salvaging will be able to be sold for gold, instead. If it can, I'll have to choose between buying gear to sell for gold or buying rough astral diamonds. If it can't, then I guess I'll just be buying rough astral diamonds.

As for hoarding for 2x influence, it doesn't matter because you can only collect five HE rewards for influence per day. So even if I have 15 or 20 of them hoarded, I can only collect five. If I run HE's while a 2x influence event is active, then I just end up with a backlog of SH HE rewards that I'm waiting to claim. Believe me, if I could collect more than 400 influence per day (800 per day during 2x influence events), then I would absolutely hoard those for 2x influence events because that would be completely worth it. That, in turn, would cause me to hoard other HE rewards because I'm terrible at keeping count of how many of what I've gotten and in what order, etc.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Are you saying there will be no 2xseal in mod 15? In Mod 15, seal can be exchanged to rAD directly.

No, what he's saying is that HEs will no longer give Seals, or will give Seals directly into inventory and not wait for you to hit "collect". So there's no point in storing up uncollected HE rewards any more.

(I'm not sure if he's RIGHT about either of those things, but that's what he's saying.)

There will still be 2xSeal event and 2xRefining events in Mod15. There will just be WAY fewer things to hoard and collect all at once during the event. XP Overflow rewards will give RP, not RP stones = no doubling. Gathering will give RP stones, not boxes that contain RP stones = doubling only for tasks completed during the event. HEs will give RP, not RP stones = no doubling. If BengalsFan is correct, HEs will either not give seals or give seals immediately = no saving up for doubling.

Basically, all those things where you hold on to them in inventory or with a flashing "click here to collect" button, that you don't open and collect because you're waiting for an event? The developers are trying to remove that incentive, so you open them right now instead of saving them. Then, during the "double X" event, you will be out running content to get double stuff, not sitting still opening 20,000 boxes and sorting them instead of playing.

Make sense?
    edited October 2018
    reg1981 said:

I seen a comment along this thread about an alt taking 5 years to get up to a decent IL. That is actually a fair assessment!

Really? My wife will have been playing for just a year come Thanksgiving and her warlock is already up to just short of 14.6k IL. I've been playing for 18 months; my warlock is just over or just under 14k IL (I forget which) and my paladin is just over 13.1k. I have a ranger that's 12.xk (I forget exactly). I could have been much higher on any of those characters if I had focused solely on them and no others, as my wife's done. Yeah, she's not running end-game content, yet, but that's caused more by her preference than her gear. If it actually took five years to get a character up from level 1 to being fit to run end-game content, then that's a game that's not going to be around for a lot longer. New people aren't going to be willing to wait that long to be considered competitive for at least some end-game runs.
    edited October 2018
    lowjohn said:

No, what he's saying is that HEs will no longer give Seals, or will give Seals directly into inventory and not wait for you to hit "collect". So there's no point in storing up uncollected HE rewards any more.

(I'm not sure if he's RIGHT about either of those things, but that's what he's saying.)

There will still be 2xSeal event and 2xRefining events in Mod15. There will just be WAY fewer things to hoard and collect all at once during the event. XP Overflow rewards will give RP, not RP stones = no doubling. Gathering will give RP stones, not boxes that contain RP stones = doubling only for tasks completed during the event. HEs will give RP, not RP stones = no doubling. If BengalsFan is correct, HEs will either not give seals or give seals immediately = no saving up for doubling.

Basically, all those things where you hold on to them in inventory or with a flashing "click here to collect" button, that you don't open and collect because you're waiting for an event? The developers are trying to remove that incentive, so you open them right now instead of saving them. Then, during the "double X" event, you will be out running content to get double stuff, not sitting still opening 20,000 boxes and sorting them instead of playing.

Make sense?
    Make sense and it sounds bad if they are all true.
    I don't necessary hoard stuff for 2x. I hoard stuff for inventory management and seal management.

If there will be no seal for HE, there is not much incentive to run HE unless HE gives rAD directly and skip seal exchange.
    I currently run small HEs to finish Barovia daily quest (after used up weekly quest), 5% at a time to get 100%.
    I don't hoard the HE reward until 2xSeal (except may be a week before 2xSeal arrives). I open most until it almost reaches the seal cap, 1200. I hoard the rest until I can go to a seal vendor and that can be the same hour. Giving seal immediately means I can waste seal if I lose count. That should be ok for me (not necessary others) because I have VIP which will have seal vendor.

If there will be no seal for HE, it also means we are forced to use another way (harder way?) to get seal such as running dungeon. That can be bad.

For XP reward, I hoard it until 2xRP right now because (1) it is 2xRP, (2) I stock up enough AD bonus between two 2xRP.
    I don't really care about 2xRP or RP but I care about making 30K rAD to become 45K rAD.
    i.e. if I don't have enough AD bonus to cover it, I don't open the XP reward even if it is in 2xRP.

Now, back to the topic, I can see my biggest challenge in mod 15 will be AD bonus management. Since I will not be able to transfer salvage anymore, the only way I can think of right now is to earn rAD from more characters. I am playing 6 characters equally and concurrently already. I can see I need to play more characters (probably 2 more to cover the 2 classes I have not played, not necessary at the same time) to give different character more time to accumulate AD bonus. Hence, for me, alt/extra characters has even bigger role than before.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2018

My biggest concern with this Mod15 is potential changes to donating to my guild that I solo. I have solo'd my guild to Level 9
    and Level 10 will be soon. My solo reason for playing NWN is the guild. I have no interest in adding folks, I don't want to deal with folks leaving all the time!!!

I have 26 Characters that I use for Astral Diamonds, Gold, Labor and Gems (All Guild Boxes). If that effectively goes away with this new Update.
    Then so will I. My VIP is up by Thanks Giving... Perfect timing. If Professions is an Alt killer, You can count that I will not spend my normal 300 to 400 dollars during the 40% off period...

Of the 26 Characters, 14 of them are full blown Leadership and Jewelcrafting Level25. One has Alchemy Lvl25.
    It is an AD sink. I have bought all types of Profession Materials and Crafters from AH.

The RP on each toon, I strictly use on each toon. I do play the 14 toons. I play three different HRs, CW, SW, DC, TR,
    OP GF GWFmultiple toons. All those toons are 13K to 11K...

TOO all the HAters...
    I find it amazing how people justify changes and lash out at other people for enjoying the game their way.
    So I play alot of ALTs. So what that I farm AD to maximize Invokes, RP (use RP on each individual toon) and GUild Materials...
    We play the game within the RULES... Even if I pooled all the RP and used on one AlT...It's still not Illegal.
    Then BIND all RP. I don't care.

FYI: Farming all these Professions on 26 Toons, take 45 minutes to an Hour, every 8 hours...If you do it three times
    a day like I do. 8AM, 4PM and 11PM...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

reg1981 said:

I seen a comment along this thread about an alt taking 5 years to get up to a decent IL. That is actually a fair assessment!

Really? My wife will have been playing for just a year come Thanksgiving and her warlock is already up to just short of 14.6k IL. I've been playing for 18 months; my warlock is just over or just under 14k IL (I forget which) and my paladin is just over 13.1k. I have a ranger that's 12.xk (I forget exactly). I could have been much higher on any of those characters if I had focused solely on them and no others, as my wife's done. Yeah, she's not running end-game content, yet, but that's caused more by her preference than her gear. If it actually took five years to get a character up from level 1 to being fit to run end-game content, then that's a game that's not going to be around for a lot longer. New people aren't going to be willing to wait that long to be considered competitive for at least some end-game runs.
    5 years is just a bit of an exaggeration. lol.

Getting to 12k is super easy nowadays. Hitting 14 takes a little time but (before these last batch of changes were put in) you could definitely make it to 16k in a year depending on how much you play.

I've been playing 3 years and have a 16.7 SW, mid 15s OP/DC, 14+ GF, and 4 other toons between 11-12.5.

If these rAD changes had been in place when I started I probably would only play on 2 toons max. Might have left already from lack of progression...

This game really is about the people you play with and most of the people I play(ed) with have been trickling out over the last year because of all the changes.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

5 years is just a bit of an exaggeration. lol.

Getting to 12k is super easy nowadays. Hitting 14 takes a little time but (before these last batch of changes were put in) you could definitely make it to 16k in a year depending on how much you play.

Yes it is an exaggeration! lol But I still feel it takes a long effing time starting fresh.

@nunya#5309 I am glad to hear that you folks made it to 13k-15k in 12-18 months, that gives me hope!
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I have 8 slots filled with each of the classes fully levelled(boons only-no where near end game) all professions at 25 (on one char) and one free character slot waiting for that 'coming soon' new class ;)

none are bank toons or invoke alts , I enjoy playing them all pretty evenly and slowly edging up artis and ench /rune .. my main is slightly more advanced that the others... anyway so my question to the OP is why is "MOD 15 MAKING ALTS WORTHLESS/EXTRA CHARACTER SLOTS INVALIDATED" for players like me?

D&D multi-class enthusiasts, I guess you would call us.

I am an end user for NWO
    I have never looked at the preview but I have always been keen to get the lay of the land from those that do
    after experiencing the elemental evil of level cap adjustment totally unawares.. I have always kept my ear to the ground for the coming mods here ever since.

seems to me to with this particular appraisal of how our character slots will be affected is possibly a bit over the top?

or am I looking forward to another EE type of adjustment where everything I have now will become totally useless?

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    The true alt-killer is the offhand/mainhand Cube of Augmentation requirements (especially for the pesky mainhand).

They have to remove the RNG portion because they cost far too much, especially with the frequency of new weapon rollouts.

I have at least a stack and half of Cubes and I'm wary and weary of using them for my alts because a new weapon might popup

and they are far too expensive to replace on and on.

RP is already is expensive as it is. The new Empowered Illusionist's Mask cost 350k RP from Legendary to Mythic. On top of

that's there's the super expensive Cube of Augmentation that's prohibitive for alts.

With the Class changes coming to Mod15 and 16, Cube of Augmentation will even be more sought at.

They should give players FREE initial pick of artifact weapon powers and unlocking the rest should be RNG free.