test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Enchanting Bug?

This week on now 3 occasions either myself or my wife has attempted to upgrade Artifacts or Enchantments. 3 times this week on items which show "10" percent chance of success have taken WAY more than what would equal even close to 10 percent. 36 green wards on one occasion, 16 on another and im up to 15 now and continue to fail. I'm sorry but I used to play on PC in 2015 and it was not this bad at all. 10 percent meant exactly that. about 1 out of 10 times it would succeed. I would like a developer to look into the algorithms / logs to see what is going on. Thanks, Steven

If the devs would like to reach out I will be happy to give them my wife's account as well. We spend a lot on this game but its starting to become very annoying at this point (to breaking).
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR

Comments

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    The 10% chance means that, in the very long run, 1-in-10 upgrade attempts will succeed. People readily recall the times it takes way more than it should and easily forget the times it takes a lot less. A few years ago, I recorded the results of hundreds of 10% upgrade chances and found that I did come in very close to the expected number of successes.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited September 2018

This has been discussed before and I ran 100 enchantments rank 5 up to rank 6. The games says 60% chance and I found it to be very accurate. However in the short runs of ten each, it can have streaks of bad luck. Scratch off tickets work a lot the same way. They say odds in winning are 1 in 6 but they place the winners in clusters on the rolls.

How I Tested
    I took 100 rare (blue) marks and using no wards I upgraded the rank 5 enchantments that were stacking up in my bank from trading seals. I divided them into ten runs of ten each.
    Success 7 Failed 3
    Success 4 Failed 6
    Success 9 Failed 1
    Success 6 Failed 4
    Success 9 Failed 1
    Success 8 Failed 2
    Success 7 Failed 3
    Success 6 Failed 4
    Success 3 Failed 7
    Success 4 Failed 6
    Totals 63 out of 100 = 63%

The chance of upgrade is listed as 60%. I would call it pretty accurate in the LONG term. As you can see my second run and last two runs were below 60%. Anyone in this short term area would be calling it foul.

This test was done back in April of this year.

FrozenFire