test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: The Heart of Fire Quests

jmcintyredev#3253 jmcintyredev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer

The Heart of Fire Quests

This is the thread for providing feedback and reporting bugs for The Heart of Fire questline. Your feedback will be very helpful in improving the module before it goes to launch. Let us know if you have any questions and we will do our best to answer them.

Thank you for dedicating your time to provide us feedback, we hope you enjoy The Heart of Fire.

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: In Reptilian Extraction I defeat the boss but the quest does not complete.

Feedback: Temple Intrusion was too difficult for me to complete as a level 65 Trickster Rogue

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Ya know, it's great that you're posting all of these feedback request threads, but we can't give ya feedback without playing the mod xD

I'm more than happy to test this, and I'm pretty hyped to see what this mod offers. Soon? I got work tomorrow tho, so don't make me wait too much :3
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Initial week of quests caps at 90 acorns instead of 100. It considers the initial 10 acorns from the job faire.
    These should be excluded from the tally or you should have a means to get 10 more acorns in the initial week.

The quest to get the documents from the basement is poorly written. It says to go downstairs, which is not how you access the basement. You must go outside and around the building to access the basement from another exterior door.

I realize you want interns who can figure things out... =p
  • learnedhand2000#9472 learnedhand2000 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    agilesto said:

I'm only on the first quest right now, but seriously:
    Lvl 15 mobs on the first quest on the Blacklake-like instance? lvl 15? What am I supposed to do as a lvl 70, breathe over them?

The "Blacklake Job Faire" after the Blacklake instance when you need to meet someone at Acq. HQ leads wongrly to the Emporium building on PE instead of the actual HQ.

I just stared at a group of the mobs and I'm pretty sure they killed themselves.
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    On the quest Meet Omin Aran, the quest path leads to the Grand Emporium, instead of AI Headquarters.

On the quest Re-Retrieval, the instruction says to "Talk to Jim Darkmagic". You actually need to just walk to the balloon. There is no quest path.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Last tier of boons seems underwhelming. ToD boons had 5% critsev for instance. Also, what's 3% lifesteal? Chance or severity?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Module 15 First Impressions

I believe this module will be loved mostly by new players, since currently you cannot get boons or even run much of a campaign until you get to Elemental Evil or Sharandar. I know "technically" you can start the Dragon Campaign from the graveyard about mid 30ish. But the Dragon Campaign is a long and drawn out beyond reaching level 70. Feels like tooth extraction to some degree.

This one is nicely done with more honest quest providers, such as, Walnut telling us to do a fetch quest, mainly because she doesn't want to do it herself. However because of your "perfect point of view" the reply cannot apply to all my characters. Half of my characters are what you call evil villains aka rogues. The other half are not good but have their own agenda. The replies are not at all immersive, so the dialog fails in that aspect. This will only apply to the few of us who really know what RP really means. Not like you will lose any sleep over it.

The job fair in Blacklake is well done and a good start. When I gained access to the AI HQ, I had "mixed emotions" about the wall art being cartoons and the same wallpapers you offer from the web news. Funny? Yes very funny. Immersive? Maybe, if you are into their web series. Since I never heard of them prior to PAX, I am going in blind with zero backstory (as many people will) and cannot make the leap into that world. Many of my characters would have variety of different reactions to their organization. Without getting into any spoiler here. Aero Ironcrown wouldn't bother to aid them at all. Llorna Zorg and her husband would most likely kill them all for having attempted to murder them. Will Snooks and/or Goro Thay would attempt to swindle them, as they appear to be complete morons.

Looking at the module from the outside view of players who want to farm, gain boons, and "win the game". So far there is a lot of good boons to choose from. You have the basics (e.g. Power, Movement, etc.) and the unique Damage/Resistance vs Cultist. The cultist boons will greatly assist new players with Dragon Cultist and other cults I assume. The content level set at 15 will mean the "in it to win it" crowd of Item Level 15K .... well the phrase "Hot knife through melted butter" comes to mind. I have no clue yet as what the farmers will want from this, as I don't farm myself, and their motivations boggle my mind.

Professions seems to be a plus. @asterdahl has done a great job turning the stale 2D menus into a working 3D environment. With the added gold sinks, I now have something to spend my 700 gold in the bank and maybe make something useful that other players can buy. I know you can't please everyone. But I haven't done crafting for years. In my opinion, it was something akin to Farmville, and I never felt like it was very fun to do or follow. Maybe Stardust will jump back into making jewerly this November.

wb-cenders.gif
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited September 2018

1. The AI quests particle path leads to the incorrect building.

2. Didn't appreciate the npc in one quest calling me a murderer. A lot of the dialog was intended to be "humorous", but left me somewhat cold.

3. One quest tells me to go into the basement to get some papers, but it's not obvious there is another basement where you have to exit the building and reenter on another side.

4. There is no followup to the "get papers" quest. How do you advance in the campaign after this?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

1. The AI quests particle path leads to the incorrect building.

2. Didn't appreciate the npc in one quest calling me a murderer. A lot of the dialog was intended to be "humorous", but left me somewhat cold.

3. One quest tells me to go into the basement to get some papers, but it's not obvious there is another basement where you have to exit the building and reenter on another side.

4. There is no followup to the "get papers" quest. How do you advance in the campaign after this?

1. Yes the path leads to the Trade of Blades PvP HQ.
    2. I understand, if your character is a hero, they should be offended. For this very reason, in my Foundry "The Dragon Hoard", I allow the player to select from a number of replies that carry the dialog in the proper direction. There was a good, neutral, and sarcastic reply in most situations. This has been a long standing issue with the concept that everyone is a hero in Neverwinter and no one has their own plans. Years ago Nicholas Magnus and his companion Morbius tried to rob the Many Coins Bank without success. Yet Knox and all the other NPCs will call him and others a hero.
    3. I ran into that one too. VERY confused, I kept looking downstairs until asking in chat. Not too many level 15 players can ask in chat. Are we every going to get chat fixed so the new players don't have to use Discord? Probably not.
    4. Rinse and repeat. There is a repeatable about getting an egg from a volcano. Fixing the dungeon is a weekly I believe.

wb-cenders.gif
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

yes questline is dead in water

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    BUG: If you leave the Blacklake Faire quest OR abandon the get papers for Jim in the basement quest, you somehow cannot reach the weekly campaign max for mod 15. I also posted this on the bug section for Preview.</font
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    During the rollercoster ride cutscenes during theOrientation quest, there is no text captioning so if you happen to be playing without sound (or, if you happen to be deaf...), the scenes will drag on and seem to stall without much context
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I think you can not reach the weekly haul last and this week, because they have not implementet the hourly quests yet.

Last week, i was stuck at 90/100 (if i remember correctly) and this week with every available quest done, i am at 80/125.

So we will probably have to wait until friday for the devs to implement the rest of the quests.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User

I think you can not reach the weekly haul last and this week, because they have not implementet the hourly quests yet.

Last week, i was stuck at 90/100 (if i remember correctly) and this week with every available quest done, i am at 80/125.

So we will probably have to wait until friday for the devs to implement the rest of the quests.

Skirmish go... -> 125\125
    edited September 2018
    BUG: If you are inside the AI Headquarters and log out. When you log back in, you find yourself in the Grand Emporium.
    Post edited by checkmatein3 on

• mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    1. The "Blacklake Job Faire" after the Blacklake instance when you return to PE to meet someone at Acq. HQ the quest path leads wrongly to the Companion Emporium building on PE instead of the actual HQ.
    2. On 'Complete Orientation' task, the quest path leads you out of the Acq HQ building and over to the Trial of blades building instead of down to the basement.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    bug although I can find and start this campaign's tasks

can't find the campaign to check anything about it - there seems to be no campaign anywhere in the campaigns tab of the journal.

cannot progress past find the papers
    Feedback: There is no Potion Vendor nor Campfire inside the AI Headquarters. Given that the mod starts at level 15 and will attempt to draw in new players, perhaps this can be added somewhere?

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I am loving auto-loot!!!

Bug... maybe?
    While fighting skeletons in the AI Orientation, one of them dropped a Tarokka card.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    The "basement" makes no sense while you are in the second floor because it seems like the first floor is the basement. Going outside the building to get to the basement makes little sense.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I liked the trap where you fall through the floor... that was a nice effect.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    BUG: in the lowest level of the Mithral Mine map (Acquiring Information), the enemies have Duergar audio instead of goblin and troll.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User

I didn't like the quest where you had to go inside the giant to "scratch" his ... whatever.
    Reminded me too much of the WoW HAMSTER quests, which were insulting to the players.
    Have a little respect for the player base, please.

• jmcintyredev#3253 jmcintyredev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    hustin1 said:

BUG: in the lowest level of the Mithral Mine map (Acquiring Information), the enemies have Duergar audio instead of goblin and troll.

Good Catch!
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User

I didn't like the quest where you had to go inside the giant to "scratch" his ... whatever.
    Reminded me too much of the WoW HAMSTER quests, which were insulting to the players.
    Have a little respect for the player base, please.

Sounds like Jonah's attempt at whale-surfing from the inside... Hey! Maybe that could be something! xD
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    BUG: When talking to Omin Dran for the first time I received the Re-retrieval Operation quest and the Retrieval Operation quest even before completing the Orientation quest.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    This is after last nights patch..Re-Retrieval quest doesn't seem to want to end properly. Get the egg and get back on the airship but the quest won't complete after that...its like I have to re-do it again for a third time???
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    empalas said:

This is after last nights patch..Re-Retrieval quest doesn't seem to want to end properly. Get the egg and get back on the airship but the quest won't complete after that...its like I have to re-do it again for a third time???

+1. I just redid this quest for the THIRD time and it still wont give credit for completion. Please fix.

Update 1 - Fifth time running it. It still wont clear so I gave up. Will have to wait until the fixes.

Update 2 - Okay. I figured out where I went wrong. I dropped the quest and restarted. After talking with Onim, I went outside and boarded the airship without talking to Jim first. Its possible to run this quest repeatedly without talking to Jim but it will not register a completion. It can be quite confusing if you didn't pay attention like I did and go to the airship first.

Recommend that the airship be not accessible until you talk with Jim first. Otherwise a player will be running in circles with this quest.
    Post edited by majorcharvenak on
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • jmcintyredev#3253 jmcintyredev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer

empalas said:

+1. I just redid this quest for the THIRD time and it still wont give credit for completion. Please fix.

Update 1 - Fifth time running it. It still wont clear so I gave up. Will have to wait until the fixes.

Update 2 - Okay. I figured out where I went wrong. I dropped the quest and restarted. After talking with Onim, I went outside and boarded the airship without talking to Jim first. Its possible to run this quest repeatedly without talking to Jim but it will not register a completion. It can be quite confusing if you didn't pay attention like I did and go to the airship first.

Recommend that the airship be not accessible until you talk with Jim first. Otherwise a player will be running in circles with this quest.
    Thank you majorcharvenak.