Options

Too much stun in pvp?

2»

Comments

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    terylion said:

leonidrex said:

how about making CC resist actually work? as a pally i took all boons for CC res, feat that gives 10%, offhand bonus that gives 25% and i still get cc chained for 10s by SW, hadars grasp still lasts 5s+, CB still lasts 8s, prone still lasts same ammount, ( and everyone has lion ), repel is still the same distance. so the CC res doesnt even work on half the powers if not more. . . . .

U have completely right. Boons and things who give u CC resist not work. I try t. elven too, not work as well u want, couse ure too squeshy:P thats why the best enchant on the armor in pvp is shadowclad, couse stealth give u alot of survavibility.

To Devs. please rework boons for CC resist, or remove all boons, gear's what give, a rooted, Daze, control etc.
    I actually use Shadowclad too in PvP as my main Armour Enchant... Although its useful it is actually completely useless against TR. They can still target, damage and kill you all whilst SC is procced. The amount of times I have been killed whilst I am supposed to be invincible is unreal.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2018

As for damage in PVP, it should be reduced by 50%; it would make PVP a lot more fun as we all would be doing less damage.

I occasionally see people ask for damage to be universally reduced by large margins in PVP but considering PVP's history, this is very much a "be careful what you wish for" sort of deal.

Reducing damage in PVP by anything close to that much would revive a heavily complained about issue from around the module 10 PVP era. Everyone back then was way too tanky and very few deaths happened, I can remember being bored senseless in many of the matches from back then because there was no real fear of danger and fighting played too little of a role. Thankfully I still had some amazing matches back then but these were outnumbered by the boring ones.

Eventually a new stronger set of artifact weapons was released and started to change the balance between tankyness and damage output. Then tenacity was taken off of gear and made weaker, this finished the job and made PVP feel a lot more refreshing if you ask me. Now everyone has to make a stronger effort to stay alive.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options

As for damage in PVP, it should be reduced by 50%; it would make PVP a lot more fun as we all would be doing less damage.

I occasionally see people ask for damage to be universally reduced by large margins in PVP but considering PVP's history, this is very much a "be careful what you wish for" sort of deal.

Reducing damage in PVP by anything close to that much would revive a heavily complained about issue from around the module 10 PVP era. Everyone back then was way too tanky and very few deaths happened, I can remember being bored senseless in many of the matches from back then because there was no real fear of danger and fighting played too little of a role. Thankfully I still had some amazing matches back then but these were outnumbered by the boring ones.

Eventually a new stronger set of artifact weapons was released and started to change the balance between tankyness and damage output. Then tenacity was taken off of gear and made weaker, this finished the job and made PVP feel a lot more refreshing if you ask me. Now everyone has to make a stronger effort to stay alive.
    This is exactly the problem... no matter how much effort you put in you cannot do anything anyway due to the stupid stuns/dazes/prones. I put in a ton of effort just to be left standing there and be a training dummy for stun-bots.

PvP is pitiful now as its who can pull out the 1st and most stuns wins. There is 0 skill involved anymore.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

This is exactly the problem... no matter how much effort you put in you cannot do anything anyway due to the stupid stuns/dazes/prones. I put in a ton of effort just to be left standing there and be a training dummy for stun-bots.

PvP is pitiful now as its who can pull out the 1st and most stuns wins. There is 0 skill involved anymore.
    I'm not sure I follow, I've seen your opinion on CCs posted elseware in this thread but it doesn't seem to have much connection to my comment you quoted.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options

wdj40 said:

I'm not sure I follow, I've seen your opinion on CCs posted elseware in this thread but it doesn't seem to have much connection to my comment you quoted.
    Right at the end of your last post you said that now everyone has to make a stronger effort to stay alive. I was just saying that no matter how much effort you put in to stay alive it makes no difference. You will just get stunned/dazed to death.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    i just had a game, where i was sunned/dazed/proned for 90% of the match, and the 10% that i " could move " was so HAMSTER laggy due to reflect its unbelivable. fix this HAMSTER REEEE, but srsl its unplayable rn
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Lol, as usual after the old meta got nerfed, the TRs are back with something even more annoying, a 'new' permastun build.

A match ago I was standing on a node, a TR lobbed something at my head, looked like a black snowball, and I'm head down and dazed, can't move, fight or do anything. He just stood there, didn't even attack, just kept lobbing me every 30 seconds or so.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Lol, as usual after the old meta got nerfed, the TRs are back with something even more annoying, a 'new' permastun build.

A match ago I was standing on a node, a TR lobbed something at my head, looked like a black snowball, and I'm head down and dazed, can't move, fight or do anything. He just stood there, didn't even attack, just kept lobbing me every 30 seconds or so.

That sounds like a Potent Sleeping Phial, craftable with R 67 Alchemy. (without being there can't say for certain). Dunno if TRs have a specific skill for a Stun like that.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ahh, well that's better. Those things should be banned in pvp though.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    ..yea it looks abit like topic of the month at Cryptics office: How to get rid of pvp in NW?...and someone said "I have a great idea...lets implement something thats so...usefull in pvp and rofl while watching 10 ppl in dom throwing that sh.. vs each other....fun, fun, fun...sport for us all!
  • Options
    i am 100% sure they are just trolling now, nobody in their right mind would use those phials in pve other then bugging bosses, so only pvp is left for it. . . . . . . . also those artis were reported broken, still not fixed
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    guess these items are not "show stoppers" as the devs and community moderator like to call them. LOL
    but they are "show stoppers" for pvp

The whole damm mod is a show stopper to be honest pvp and pve

they lost a dev responsible for class balance (he moved on to greener pastures) ...
    SO REPLACE HIM FOR FFS
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Maybe the devs should allows Npcs trash mobs and bosses to throw these stunning / disabling items/ potions at pve players as well .. and see how they like it / or see how damm fast it would get fixed
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I just got hired to balance the classes!
    I hope you like the changes that are to come... oh wait nvm all classes have to be deleted for.balance.... peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I know what I'll be crafting to sell for AD!
  • Options

jonkoca said:

That sounds like a Potent Sleeping Phial, craftable with R 67 Alchemy. (without being there can't say for certain). Dunno if TRs have a specific skill for a Stun like that.
    We don't have a skill like that,
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited November 2018

jonkoca said:

ya at 20-30k for 100 of them you should make a bundle lol ... good luck with your new crafting enterprise lol
    and getting the +1 result

oh and thxs for helping to contribute to the problem
  • Options
    only good thing about paladin is that stuff gets constantly reflected back and fourth so it wakes me up from the sleep, lol
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

jonkoca said:

ya at 20-30k for 100 of them you should make a bundle lol ... good luck with your new crafting enterprise lol
    and getting the +1 result

oh and thxs for helping to contribute to the problem
    You're welcome. I'll be sure to pass along your gratitude to all my customers! Long live the invisible hand of the free-market! (As long as it is not wearing any Rings of Cowardice)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    any body that wants those items already bought a stack of 100 it a very limited market and you are better of crafting something else more profitable such as items need to upgrade workshop to level 3 or 4
    and selling those
  • Options
    turzanturzan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    PvP get huge regression in mod15, people responsible for all those changes fk'd up pvp so hard. We have HyperDMG GF - I hit 600k-800k anvil - what the hell is that?! Tr CC? omg the strongest CC i have ever seen in this game (i swear even old mods opressors cant cc like that) CB slows down to 0, high recovery build makes them able to throw double CB/SB, 24/7 daze, perma ITC :) 90%+ deflection chance, perma dodging (without eclipse enchantment). This two classes need rework for sure - but after tenacity was removed ppl come to pvp with bis pve equipment and stack power/arpen/recovery to the sky - after that u really surprised we have op dmg from gf, neverending cc from TR - which btw doesnt respect cc resistance and ignores cc immunity (where are my cc immunity stacks?.

Second thing is HAMSTER equipment - a lot of them dont proc anymore in pvp but there is still few which are horrible broken. Some people use them cuz they like some cuz they are desperated to face this stuff.

All the time same HAMSTER - they fix one thing but bring two more broken - fkin hydra.
    Godfinder
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited December 2018

It is not effort when you cannot really do much of anything due to how control works and how control resist does not work. That is just one issue. The other part is even a fully geared TR vs a fully geared GF tank should not be able to wipe the tank out in 5 hits. We are not in PVE where the DPS is getting 7 buffers too do 10 minute CoDG.

There should be specific feats for PVP and PVE, similar to boons. Even specific encounters, at will, etc.. or the abilities should operate differently in PVP vs PVE to ensure players are not able to constantly control another player until they are dead.

Another thought I had is that if the devs make a paragon feat path just for PVP they could place a feat in there that is designed to break control effect or provide control resist or immunity. This would improve PVP a bit.

As for gear, there should be PVP gear that cannot be used in PVE and PVE gear should be disabled in PVP. Other games I played have done this and it worked perfectly. PVP gear should require PVP marks and the first set should be able to be acquired with gold. And you cannot get the top set, you have to unlock it by buying the other sets. This would keep players wanting the best PVP gear playing PVP.

As for PVP gear, it would include Weapons, neck, waist, rings, shirts, pants, arms, armor, feet, and even artifacts. All of the PVP gear would be set to a specific IL and there would be no upgrading other than grinding out seals to acquire the gear. Now this would provide a more balanced and better experience in PVP. I would also have PVP specific enchantments that require PVP seals to buy. This would also level out the damage and the playing field in PVP.

Top gear would be roughly 25-40% better than the gear you buy with gold. I would disable mounts bonuses, insignia bonuses, non-PVP guild boons, non-pvp boons. PVP would be better and IMO worth playing. The current PVP system is so bad that it truly not worth doing unless you play one of the stronger classes that are bugged or just plays better in PVP.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @mebengalsfan

top gear cannot be 25%-40% better just lol why wipe out boons mount bonuses insignia etc in the name of balance .. and then create the same imbalance and disparity between players all over again ?

even if the "elite" gear were only 5-10% better to give incentives to play .. it still would be best in slot and strived for and a reward and not create a huge gap of matching people with the basic gear and elite gear to stomp/ farm them with

you are trying to "solve" the pvp balance problem by recreating it again with over powered gear that separates the have from the have nots *shakes head* i dont get it ....*sigh* how exactly does this solve the disparity in item level or class match ups

why even force people buy the basic pvp gear with gold ..there should be a separate pvp loadout that already includes the basic set for everyone for free ( the same way the devsgave a full basic set of catch up gear for raven loft )so there is low barrier to entry and no whining and complaining for pvp casuals wanting to try ..then people can buy / earn upgrades and personalize gear as they progress with seals / rewards as they see fit etc

there is plenty or gear artifacts and feats power that " break CC immunity ..its the devs Ccd resist stacking system that is bugged and flawed ..where the first hit controls way longer/ duration then when cc tenacity resist used to be in effect ..and thus it is being exploited / used as the devs intend

• Options

The cc situation is especially bad for 2 parts.

1. Trapper can control a good player for up to 11-12 seconds in a row before it hits 3-4 cc stacks. The time is too long making it extremely easy for trapper to gank a class like cw sw with another dps class.

2. Continuous control power sometimes count as only 1 cc stack. This is why trapper can control u 11-12 seconds in a row. For the first cc stack they use like 4-5 control power on you. Same applies for TR and SW. they also control you several times by adding only 1 cc stacks.

same goes for every single class, its just broken
    gf can bullcharge 1, lion 2, dialy 3, flourish 4, bullcharge again 5 and you will have 3 stacks at best propably 2.
    and same goes for cw with repel, snare, stun, lion repel again, daily and you are at 2-3 stacks. shaking your head wondering why in the HAMSTER did you bother getting 60-80% cc resistance.
    and when you add daze from shadowclad, daze from pants, snare from boon, it gets really bad. as a paladin i feel it REALLY bad when i try to charge BL. legit ppl dont even aim at you but random HAMSTER will stun you anyways