test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HB Templock Boons - Dread Ring and Storm King's Thunder

nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
HB Templock heal other people (and companions?) in the party like crazy, so wouldn't that make the Burning Guidance from Dread Ring and Healing Warmth (3/3) from Storm King's Thunder be really good?

Burning Guidance : Your healing spells have a chance to burn enemies near the target for up to 2000 Radiant damage.

Healing Warmth: When healing allies, your healing spells have a chance to damage up to 5 enemies near the target for up to 4000/5000/6000 damage.

I mean, any single damage the templock deals to an enemy means that we get 5 heals (or 10 if it works with companions) flying around due to the Temptation capstone Soul Bonding, which could proc those two boons.

Now, my questions are:

1) Does it really work like that? Can all those little thousands hits the templock deals (think of Tyrannical Curse vs mobs or in a boss fight with adds) heal and thus (have a chance to) proc those two boons?

2) Would the damage from Burning Guidance compensate the loss of the Rampaging Madness boon from Dread Ring (When you deal damage you gain a stack of "Madness". When you reach 50 stacks of "Madness" you gain 4000 Power, 4000 Life Steal, and 4000 Regeneration. 10 seconds after gaining this bonus your stacks are reset. You may only gain one stack of "Madness" per second.) ?

3) If the boons proc off the Soul Bonding feat, is the damage from Burning Guidance and Healing Warmth also able to synergize with Soul Bonding again, as in deal damage --> Soul Bonding heals allies ---> Heals proc Healing Warmth damage ---> damage from Healing Warmth procs Soul Bonding ---> Soul Bonding heals allies ---> heals from Soul Bonding proc Healing Warmth ---> Healing warmth deals damage ---> and so on?

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Temptlock heals don't count for Burning Guidance. This was a deliberate change by the devs if I understand it correctly.

Not sure about Healing Warmth.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Well, that's disappointing. Understandable, but disappointing.

Thanks for the feedback