test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How about putting some new gear into old dungeons?

Hello there,

Some mods ago, devs have placed some new drop (450IL) in the dungeons like VT, Elol, CN etc.. Some of them had really nice/interesting gear bonuses (I'm looking at you survivor's wraps) but most of all they were a great transmutes! Zulkris' Dreadnaught or Bloodlord's Visage were very popular at the time, same was the armor from etos which name I can't remember right now.

How about refreshing this idea and putting some new transmutes into old dungeons? I'm sure that people will happily run them to get the new gear. It may give some new (at least temporary) life to old content.

Would be awesome to see some new dragon-related transmutes or some wicked fey-related from Malabog's!

What do you guys think about it?

Comments

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    I would like that.
    Also the pair of new gear with companions that make a set bonus,was a brilliant idea,but poorly implemented.

I would like more of these gear type,I like to see diversity in toons.

And in general,I think and the campaigns aswell would be better if their rewards updated ,as that was the case some mods ago.
    sadly the devs have abandoned that road ....
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I lump this in with "cleaning up the cobwebs" comments. Old content is in desperate need of gear rewards and drop updates. Run just about any dungeon that is not the latest and all those rewards just go to salvage as no one wants it.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Exactly @hypervoreian ! The idea behind armor + specific companion combo was awesome but had diminishing profits, like really sad ones. It would be awesome to see it somewhere in the near future.
  • e1ementoe1emento Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    New gear in old dungeons. How about bringing back the three old dungeons they have simply thrown by the curbside like yesterday's trash?
    Lair of the Mad Dragon in Helm's Hold
    Throne of Idris in Ebon Downs
    The Dread Vault in Whispering Caverns
    We were told that these would be brought back rebuilt and then they just forgot them altogether.
    They keep putting out new stuff and something like this always gets pushed to the bottom.
    I'm also waiting for the only three skirmishes not being adapted as CTAs yet to become new events.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Oh come on guys. I know that some want old dungeons back, but this thread was suppose to encourage them to revive current ones with some execlusive dungeon-based drop like they did back in mod 11 I guess (or mod10b?). It would really provide new life for older content which is often abandoned.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    The end problem is, of course, power creep. Why should an armor piece or a weapon in one dungeon at at epic level be better then anything found before it? Have new content, for sure, but why the power creep? Well, we know, because it generates need to refinements, enchants, aka, money spent.

IDK the answer, I have always been of the mind that a better model is to give the game away and have later maps be paid for, the latest maps more expensive and the older ones decrease in price till they are free.