test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not able to send mail

arrowgon#3496 arrowgon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
This started after the last patch but it seems sending mail both with and without items is not function properly. More and more members in our alliance are reporting that their mail messages are not being sent. It does not matter if you use the VIP mailbox, or a fixed mailbox in game. Has this been reported yet? Thank you.

Arrowgon
The Imperial Inquisition

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    What is the error message? I personally do not have problem sending mail.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arrowgon#3496 arrowgon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    There is no error message. Mail just simply does not send. What we are seeing more and more of as well is if you attach items to a message and send, the items remain in your inventory and body of mail messages may or may not go through.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    Can it be the mail box of the receiving end is full?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    We checked that. Plus that would give an error message. We have tested if from a half dozen accounts to sending mail to multiple accounts and not a single message is going through.
    Also just found out that no one in our guild (132 members) received the guild mail we sent out.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Just found out that one of the Guild Leaders in the guild I'm in is also experiencing this issue. He couldn't send mail to me (no, my mailbox isn't full), and he didn't receive the mail I sent him.
    No error message, and nothing to tell me that he didn't receive the mail I sent him, until I asked him if he received it.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @arrowgon#3496 @liadan1984#8734 You both should file tickets with Customer Service regarding this issue if you have not already.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    We experienced this one too.
    Only short messages are sent. Like one word.
    Longer messages won't be sent.
    If there are attachment it remains in your inventory.
    No error messages.
  • morrigan81morrigan81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    We had the same issue as well.
    After multiple testings with few guild members, we found only very short messages are being sent (like one or two words), rests are just disappeared in the middle of transit.
    No error message, nothing.
    If there are attachment it remains in your inventory.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I was thinking this was the answer to the mail scamming going on in the game, making sure that only small mail messages could go through and any large mail messages would not be sent and not told to the sender. But it seems this is a bigger issue.

By the way CRYPTIC, if you haven't already done something about the mail scamming, please make it so big mail messages require some actual gameplay time. Scammers create new accounts, and post their scam as soon as they can get to the mailbox, and then deleting the account after a few days or so. By making it take actual game playing time to make large mail messages you can cut down on the scammers big time.
  • the2tallthe2tall Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I am/have been having the same problems. I submitted a bug report in-game as did a couple of my guildies. We have found that if we make the message all 1 word with no spaces it has a higher chance of going through, but that is not for sure. I just hope this issue gets resolved soon, it is very aggravating.

Thank You for your time,
    Haelirin
    Ghost Templars