test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TONG Mimic Chest Puzzle Bugs

checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
When you get the mimic chest puzzle, sometimes all 3 chests turn into mimics, and then it resets and you can no longer interact with any of the chests, which means you have to bypass the puzzle.
LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I have also experienced this bug. And 2 other ones:
    1. The ball of light / sprite will stop rendering, and you have to make do based on the jumping mimic animations to infer which one just caught it.
    2. The puzzle will not honor the visual cue. Sometimes, the ball will visually end up in one of the mimics (ex. left one), but that mimic will still attack when poked. If you keep at it, usually you're able to find the right one through process of elimination. Sometimes all 3 become mimics and you get the problem OP reported.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I've noticed the bottle or whatever not rendering properly since m14 launch.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Using /interact to choose a chest doesn't work correctly, only /interactandloot does.

I've screwed the trap many times because of this.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    /interactincludevolume (or whatever the correct syntax is) works but because of the nature, may pick the wrong chest.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    That's what I meant by "doesn't work correctly". It always picks the same chest, maybe the middle one i'm not sure, no matter where you are looking at.

I normally use /interact because it ignores nearby players.