test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mount Graphics Issue

cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Hello all!

First, I want to say that I have reported this issue in game a few times, but I did not know I needed to keep the ticket number. My apologies.

The Issue I am having is with the fact that on two of my mounts, The Neverwinter Champion's Charger, and the Jubilee Parade Horse, when my character mounts them, it causes his face to distort in front of him looking like a small spear or harpoon jutting from his chin. This happens whether I have his helmet display on or off.

My character does have facial hair. I'm not sure if this was the bug that was mentioned in the patch. I DO know that I am seeing other players on the Champion's Charger and there faces are not distorted, though because of helmets I could not tell if they had facial fair or not.

I have tested my character on multiple other mounts, and even bought a couple of new ones. This issue only seems to appear when I mount these two horses, whose only similarity seems to be their prancing movement.

I'm sorry to have to bring this up, but the Charger is my favorite mount for my Paladin, and I have bene unable to use it for over a months now, because it looks so ridiculous.

Also, I have had other players verify that they can see this issue, so I know that it's not client based.

Thank you for all that you do, and for this great game.

Have the world's most wonderful day

Comments

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I will let people know of that, but it might take a good while.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Yea patience is a virtue. :)

In STO I'm a Volunteer BUG HUNTER - and worked with DEV's resolving numerous issues - though that doesn't exist here.

Unfortunately I've tried mounting my Champion Charger on my Half-Elf Paladin, I see the cloud of smoke but no distortion to his face; I've also tried the Parade Horse and see the sparks when I mount but also no distortion. My Half-Elf has no facial hair by choice, and my 4 other Sun Elf's aren't even allowed Facial Hair. My Half-Elf Paladin wears the Crown of the Undead, though I tried it with disabled/enabled visuals--no change or issues. My CW Sun Elf I've also rode both mounts and was unable to reproduce the facial distortion; same with my Hunter Ranger Sun Elf on both Mounts, or my Cleric Sun Elf on Parade Horse. I've also tried mounting my Human GF on the Champion's Charger, and despite a nice larger Beard & Mustache being Human, also no distortion. He wears the Batiri Shaman Mask (480) though it's often disabled in visuals; but no issues when enabling it either.

Perhaps you could try posting a little more details:

▪ Having Facial Hair we know your not a Sun Elf, Moon Elf or a Drow - but the Racial information might be useful.

▪ We know your a Paladin but perhaps the issue is linked Head wear as well?
    ╘ Have you tried disabling the visuals on your Head piece, tried it while unequipped, or tried another Helmet?
    ♠ Right click on the Head gear - then select disable visuals - does that help?

▪ We also know it seems to only effect the Champion's Charger &/or the Jubilee Parade Horse.

Any other things that might help narrow the possible cause would greatly help; either to identify reproducing it or where to start searching for the cause.

Any concise but more detailed INFO will always help.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    strathkin said:

In STO I'm a Volunteer BUG HUNTER - and worked with DEV's resolving numerous issues - though that doesn't exist here.

Unfortunately I've tried mounting my Champion Charger on my Half-Elf Paladin, I see the cloud of smoke but no distortion to his face; I've also tried the Parade Horse and see the sparks when I mount but also no distortion. My Half-Elf has no facial hair by choice, and my 4 other Sun Elf's aren't even allowed Facial Hair. My Half-Elf Paladin wears the Crown of the Undead, though I tried it with disabled/enabled visuals--no change or issues. My CW Sun Elf I've also rode both mounts and was unable to reproduce the facial distortion; same with my Hunter Ranger Sun Elf on both Mounts, or my Cleric Sun Elf on Parade Horse. I've also tried mounting my Human GF on the Champion's Charger and despite a nice larger Beard & Mustache being Human also no distortion and he wears the Batiri Shaman Mask (480) though it's often disabled in visuals; but no issues when enabling it either.

▪ Having Facial Hair we know your not a Sun Elf, Moon Elf or a Drow - but the Racial information might be useful.

╘ Have you tried disabling the visuals on your Head piece, tried it while unequipped, or tried another Helmet?

▪ We also know it seems to only effect the Champion's Charger &/or the Jubilee Parade Horse.

Any other things that might help narrow the possible cause would greatly help; either to identify reproducing it or where to start searching for the cause.

Those are some very useful questions :smiley: Thanks.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    strathkin said:

Unfortunately I've tried mounting my Champion Charger on my Half-Elf Paladin, I see the cloud of smoke but no distortion to his face; I've also tried the Parade Horse and see the sparks when I mount but also no distortion. My Half-Elf has no facial hair by choice, and my 4 other Sun Elf's aren't even allowed Facial Hair. My Half-Elf Paladin wears the Crown of the Undead, though I tried it with disabled/enabled visuals--no change or issues. My CW Sun Elf I've also rode both mounts and was unable to reproduce the facial distortion; same with my Hunter Ranger Sun Elf on both Mounts, or my Cleric Sun Elf on Parade Horse. I've also tried mounting my Human GF on the Champion's Charger, and despite a nice larger Beard & Mustache being Human, also no distortion. He wears the Batiri Shaman Mask (480) though it's often disabled in visuals; but no issues when enabling it either.

Thanks for responding.
    My Character is a Human Oath Paladin. He has the mutton chop sideburns connected by the moustache. The one that looks like a full beard and moustache but the chin is bare.

I have tried disabling the helmet visuals. I have tried removing his helmet entirely. I have removed his chest armor AND undershirt entirely. The issue still occurs. One interesting thing to note is that on close examination, it is only the left side of the moustache that distorts and stretches. The sideburns andright side of the moustache seem fine.

After more testing I have found that the issue ALWAYS happens when he has no helm. the moustache shoots out. BUT it seems that it stops when I wear certain other helms.

Helms where the issue happens:

Vistani Armet transmuted to Elemental Helm of the Crushing Wave (IL 460) On this helmet the chin point distorts into a spear in front of the helm
    Defender's Helm +2 (IL 111) (Moustache is visible)
    Vital Helmet (IL48) (Moustache is visible)

Helms where the issue does not occur

Reviving Helmet with closed face, eyeholes and side wings (IL 168)
    Reviving Helmet with closed face with holes in the visor (IL 60)
    Parrying Helmet of Protection (IL 279)
    Parrying Helm of Smiting Transmuted to Elemental Helm of the Eternal Flame (IL 345)

The issue seems to occur on any open faced helmet where the Moustache is visible, and the one with the Elemental Helm of the Crushing wave with the extended chin piece; but disappears on other full face helms. I would have tested more helms, but I simply don't have a lot of AD to burn buying helms I wont ever use.

I would not mind swapping helmets, save for the fact that I don't want to lose the effects of the Vistani armet, or worse, the appearance of the Crushing wave helm. I have spent many thousands of AD to continually upgrade my helms with this design, and of course, it can not be regained if I were to destroy it, as the Elemental Evil Campaign reward helms are only available once.

This is so frustrating, because this issue did not exist before the Ravenloft mod came out.

Thanks for your help!

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for reporting! We had some issues with the launch of M14 of teeth/tusks being distorted when mounted so it may be related to that (that issue was fixed though). The details help a ton!
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Facial hair, orc tusks bug on

Champion Charger
    Parade Horse
    Carmine Bullet ( i dont have the vanilla bullet to test )
    Carmine bullet also have lost one animation frame i think , since you go open arms like a scarecow just after the jump

I've started a tread about that that have some good picks too (idk how to link the tread here)
    the only mount mentioned on that tread that is fixed was the griffin so far

This is really annoying on Dwarves sice our big beards cover our faces when mounted...
    again i'm no tring to spamming here just dont know how to ask to merge the treads or link the adress here