test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sohenstar river / Omu weekly heroic - add a small heroic

lecarusin#0771 lecarusin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello folks,

Not sure if this was brought up but I already said it on the PE discord, was told to suggest it here.
Anyways, here's the thing: Before mod14, both Sohenstar and Omu had plenty of instances, plenty of players, etc. Like Barovia is now. Back then it was easy to look for and do the weekly of heroic.

What now? Well, 3 or 4 instances at most, and "hard" to find a proper group to do one heroic, either KoS or Tyrant. And with further mods on the future, it will be even harder because those BHE are not soloable or even with a party of 5.

Anyways, my point: Can a small heroic be added to both maps?
Post edited by lecarusin#0771 on

Comments

• mushu#2785 mushu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    ...sorta like the heroics in SKT, the majors n multiple minis....I see where your going w this request but my question is where would the minis be placed bc look at the map everything is so consolidated especially in OMU?
  • lecarusin#0771 lecarusin Member Posts: 14 Arc User

...sorta like the heroics in SKT, the majors n multiple minis....I see where your going w this request but my question is where would the minis be placed bc look at the map everything is so consolidated especially in OMU?

For Omu, two that I just imagined:
    - Where thayan campment is, something like "Thayan reinforcement", kill (x) amount of thayans to diminish reinforcement of thayans and avoid getting Omu swamped by them.
    - The temple where the red spider pops up, the front, something like "defend the temple from yuan ti" and "survive (x) rounds".

In Sohenstar, where HoC is, it could be something like "defend the templars", where there is a group huddled together using shields, being besieded by YuanTi. You have to kill those and then defend some waves.

• robertm2011#5523 robertm2011 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Agree, it's becoming increasingly problematic; I (can't speak for others) am spending a LOT of time trying to find viable BHEs.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I wonder how many will know about the altar BHE in omu in the future. It was already kind of rare when omu was populated. It is kind of sad because I do like that BHE.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I wonder how many will know about the altar BHE in omu in the future. It was already kind of rare when omu was populated. It is kind of sad because I do like that BHE.

Never seen it. It might end like Camp Death or something like that, in Sohenstar. No one does it.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The altar one takes too long to spawn so most people I know never even bothered again after doing it once. I definitely miss the minor heroics that were set up in River District. The ability to do larger heroics with groups or do the small heroics with 2-3 people was a big draw.

Right now I'm taking an alt through Soshenstar and getting 5-6 to gather for the KoS HE takes way too long. Then you have to hope the few that show can actually handle it. (im on XB and Soshenstar is a ghost town except for trophy farmers)
    edited August 2018
    Another reason I want- no, I NEED small heroics is due to now BHE being way WAY too laggy for me, I can't do jack-hamster.

Really.

And as an addendum: before mod14, I didn't have that much lag when doing a BHE there.
  • cooljinxcooljinx Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I've never seen anyone do Camp Vengeance HE in Soshentar, start it sometimes - yes, ever complete - no. Just a bad design (too many stages, unclear first part requirements) & location decision (all zombies switching to HE difficulty when HE comes up making one of quests undoable in a given instance).
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Ive done it twice way back when - but what a great point?

Who will remember it?

As to the Original Poster's suggestion - agreed and supported.