test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Advantage Companions

vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
edited July 2018 in PvE Discussion
What are the companions that trigger CAdv when summoned?

I'm not talking about Active Bonus like Blink Dog, Razorwood and Staldorf, i'm talking about stuff like Cantankerous Mage that has a power named "Unbridled Force" in which it gives CAdv over any target hit by his Repel for 4 seconds.

Are there any more companions that do such thing? It would be useful for my Cleric and Paladin when soloing since they are the only classes that can't get CAdv on their own.
Post edited by vincentr6669 on

Comments

• meer#7108 meer Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Pseudodragon has an attack that grants CA. In theory any companion that adds stun/bleed effects on enemies should give you CA too but don't quote me on that.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I checked every companion on collections and cataloged the ones that trigger CAdv, here are my findings:

Companion | Power
    Cantankerous Mage | Repel + Unbridled Force
    Swashbuckler | Devastating Impact
    Pseudodragon | Poison Sting + Rampant Venom
    Blink Dog | Lightning Claws
    Yeth Hound | Pounce
    Panther | Pounce
    Dancing Blade | Stab + True Strike

This is based on tooltip only, i did not test every single one of these powers to know if they are working as intended. The only one i tested is Cantankerous Mage and it is working, unfortunately he doesn't use Repel a lot.

From the tooltips i can gather that all these powers are single target (which means they will only grant Combat Advantage over one target at a time), except Cantankerous Mage that hit multiple enemies with his Repel.
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Scorpion
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Scorpion works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    >>It would be useful for my Cleric and Paladin when soloing since they are the only classes that can't get CAdv on their own.

This is semi-offtopic but why can't you just move to the other side of your companion? I thought they fixed CA based on position?