test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Speed up Guild Progression on Dev Server

There has to be something that can be done to make the test server guild progression take less than what the production server time is.
This is insane. Please someone HELP.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They had it that way at first, but unfortunately they had to set it back to the live server time due to the temporary buildings. It interferes with them too much, so they can't speed it up anymore.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    maybe give De'Bug a voucher that would change the time to like 1 hour (or less) then you could turn it in, and it shouldn't affect the production server. And if time on the test server affected time on the live server, they need to redesign their systems. Test / Dev & Prod should not be connected in anyway. They aren't at my job.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    ...or maybe they speed up live server and reduce overall costs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    I know that will never happen. but still Test server is for testing boons, waiting 2 weeks to get to level 12 from 11 is horrible for a test.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

maybe give De'Bug a voucher that would change the time to like 1 hour (or less) then you could turn it in, and it shouldn't affect the production server. And if time on the test server affected time on the live server, they need to redesign their systems. Test / Dev & Prod should not be connected in anyway. They aren't at my job.

It didn't effect time on the live server. It effected the temporary buildings that people built on the test server. They had to set it back to the same amount of time that it takes on the live server because of the temporary buildings. I'm sorry I worded that poorly.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    is possible to speed up all structure time and prolong the countdown timer for temporary buildings ( or maybe remove the countdown and add a destroy button)
  • Options
    again, production and test should be separate. Changes in one should not be able to affect the other. so rather than make time pass faster, make it less time on the dev server to build guildhalls. that should be maybe 20 lines of code to change only on the test server and not have any impact on the live server?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    And yet it seems the changes made to live are simply the game copied over from test.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

again, production and test should be separate. Changes in one should not be able to affect the other. so rather than make time pass faster, make it less time on the dev server to build guildhalls. that should be maybe 20 lines of code to change only on the test server and not have any impact on the live server?

You're not reading what she's saying.

The issue is that when building of PERMAMENT structures was accelerated on Preview, it broke TEMPORARY structures, on Preview.

In order for temporary structures to work on Preview, the build time on Preview had to be set back to be the same as Live.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    There's plenty of Preview guilds that already have maxed out SH. Depending on the boon you want to test, you're welcome to join the Greycloaks guild there - just let me know (send me a mail in game with your preview character and handle), I'll be glad to shoot you an invite. I don't recall off the top of my head what boons structures we built on preview though.