test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Gods Must Be Crazy

2»

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I think you misunderstand what I expressed in my original post to the thread:

Limiting those with few characters far less wards; while Celestial Armies (they barely grow) significantly more?

"Someone else in another thread wrote it would also be Nice if they *moved* Celestial Coin's to be claimed once per account, in an effort to reduce the mass Celestial Armies claiming vastly so many Ward's... I mean Ardent Coin's, the Astral Diamond bonus, not to mention coupon's would still drop on every character. Yet the thought was if Celestial Coin's were only claimable once per account, then perhaps Coal Wards might drop a tiny bit more, or give a chance for 1,2, 3 or 5 Preservation Ward's based on RNG. It would also SHIFT the focus to allowing each character a chance to do a Bi-Monthly / Monthly mission, then depending on the difficulty of the challenge would determine the possible rewards. I mean it places a more reasonable limit on those who have excessive character's who barely have any gear, boons, artifacts upgraded, who they login for just 1-2 seconds to pray and logout every day.."

SHIFT FOCUS: Away from praying for ward's on ALTS, to more challenging missions to increase them.

So the payout might indeed be less for those with no Gear, Artifacts, Boon's, etc... Yet more senior level characters, with good gear, boons earned, artifacts/enchantments upgraded, could fair slightly better off--especially as chances grow in the difficulty in upgrading items. That just seems like a god who's watching, and slightly increases rewards as you overcome more in his/her good honor. A monthly QUEST testing you in different ways, perhaps when you fight or don't, or methods / skill used and their effectiveness, could possibly all influence the rewards offered. It also be a great way to get to know your God / Deity better, and for either their AVATAR or representative to offer words of Wisdom, Guidance, based on that Deity's ideals...

Given that ward's are the premium reward, it should require a little more time to earn, completing a mission over 10-15 minutes, not just 1-2 seconds to login/pray/claim and logout. I mean those who can do this 45-54 times a day is amazing, but the God's focus should be on Character's that are growing! So armies of ALTS with low item levels or perhaps even no: (I) Gear, (II)Artifacts, (III) Boons, (IV) Companions, (V) Mounts, (VI) Insignia, (VII) Enchantments I just think shouldn't earn the same chance at ward's as a more senior or developed players that have made an effort to grow...

I mean easier challenges might still have the possibility to earn 1 Preservations Ward's a month; everybody needs a starting point. Yet if they want to possibly to earn better rewards more significant growth would need to be shown. Depending on the degree's of challenge you choose for a 10 minute mission, if at entry, intermediate, or advanced levels may increase rewards you earn. Just a short mission like that could take 9 hours active play if you required running it once a month on all characters - so it comes down to whom and what you focus on. Now for someone with 10 character's that slightly more than 1.5 hours each month. Yet at least your God is challenging you based on your abilities, and possibly increasing the opportunity for greater rewards...

I've just never been a fan how the most precious items in the game, is earned in far greater #'s by those with lot's of very low level ALTS, especially if they've barely developed or even played them.

That's all I was TRYING to say. Still some may disagree - yet it would still offer a little something for everybody - and be in line with how they updated AD refinement. You could focus your efforts on your strongest players! :)
    Post edited by strathkin on