test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.100.20180611a.10

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10947643

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    And nothing on the Barovia instance changing issue.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It's 10pm... be glad she posted man sheesh..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Another week with the issues of instances in Barovia? Really?
  • xxevilxdeedzxx#6439 xxevilxdeedzxx Member Posts: 1 New User
    There is a serious issue with the Dragon Attack quest. Upon entering the crypt gate, the game loads the map and crashes. If your crash with the map halfway loaded, the game itself stays stuck in between the map and loading screen crashing the game every time you open it not allowing you to play at all. This has been going on for a week. And many people are having the same issue. Is this patch going to fix that? This is an important quest chain. I sure hope this is going to finally be the patch that fixes this particular issue as well. Otherwise, me and many others will not be able to play at all. Please look into this. Thank you.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Still appears to be no fix for the insta-crashes on entering Monini crypts, Rothe valley Makos's camp etc, this with the Barovia instances bug should be by a mile the 2 most important things to fix, yet all the effort seems to be on less important stuff.

I even forgot the companion enchants bug which is the other big one. Instead you keep polishing the manure that is random queues instead of dealing with the actual problem, and removing a system that has failed harder than anything in the history of the game.
    Post edited by minotaur2857 on
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I find this one sort of funny, "Random Queues no longer show the number of players in the queue until everyone has responded." So no more abandonment the Tiamat 25 man crew when it pops up. Looks like you are stuck playing with me. LOL
    wb-cenders.gif
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    "Random Queues no longer show the number of players in the queue until everyone has responded."

Oh this is going to be fun /s. I'm foreseeing so many afk'ers just lounging at the entrance waiting for the team to be able to kick them. Yeah seems like my decision not to touch the RQs again has been the right one.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I don't like the no longer showing how many players queued up for I find it useful to know gives me a hint of what to expect in some cases. I'm not sure why they are doing this my guess to prevent people from exploiting it.
    Also Barovia instance change is still an issue. I'm sure they are working on it hopefully they will find the issue and fix it.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

"Random Queues no longer show the number of players in the queue until everyone has responded."

Oh this is going to be fun /s. I'm foreseeing so many afk'ers just lounging at the entrance waiting for the team to be able to kick them. Yeah seems like my decision not to touch the RQs again has been the right one.
    When I read that part of the patch notes this morning, it certainly has reinforced mine and my wife's decision to stop running the Advanced Queue - that's for sure! Takes way too long to actually get a group in that queue and the failure rate is ridiculous. These updates to the random queues is not a net positive change at all.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    I can not understand why you keep putting the instance change people coins heroics ecounter farming Did you say that map.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    No fix for the instance list bug ? Would think this bug be top issue to fix but apparently this thing about showing how many in RQ's is so so much more pressing . So much more important that they have to have a special maint just for it. Wonder how I missed this problem if it is such a "problem" . Wow another fine example of Cryptics hi level of quality control.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron

No fix for the instance list bug ? Would think this bug be top issue to fix but apparently this thing about showing how many in RQ's is so so much more pressing . So much more important that they have to have a special maint just for it. Wonder how I missed this problem if it is such a "problem" . Wow another fine example of Cryptics hi level of quality control.

What? You don't think it's important to stop people being able to opt out of suffering through a (broken) Master Spellplague Caverns or an almost guaranteed-to-fail FBI? Where are your priorities, man?!? (/sarcasm)
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Guys it's one thing to state facts about what is bugging out in game.
    However, when you add your own negative opinions to every fact, just reading your issues becomes super draining to me and I don't even have to look at millions of lines of code afterward. Your comments are giving the devs eye cancer and lethagicimia.
    If I were a dev, I would never read these forums. Life is hard as it is, and some of you just make it that much more miserable.
    Study came in saying people who are addicted to video games suffer mainly from depression and some form of bi-polar disorder. I get it now... I get it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • tommyskilledtommyskilled Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    brutals on companions doesnt work ........ they dont even pass a stat
  • bjbrunt#4365 bjbrunt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I find it amusing that people never consider that the issues they are addressing in patches may be the ones they have found a possible fix for, and the ones they are not "fixing" may be the ones they have not found a functional resolution to as of yet. Everyone has their own list of priorities, and quite often they don't match other players priorities.

Never ceases to amaze me how players will post repeatedly about how long it takes to get "new content", then complain when it comes out and has technical issues. Hard to focus on fixing things with 1000 people on your backside all the time thinking it is an easy job.

If you can do it better, send in your resume and prove it.

I find it amusing that people never consider that the issues they are addressing in patches may be the ones they have found a possible fix for, and the ones they are not "fixing" may be the ones they have not found a functional resolution to as of yet. Everyone has their own list of priorities, and quite often they don't match other players priorities.

Never ceases to amaze me how players will post repeatedly about how long it takes to get "new content", then complain when it comes out and has technical issues. Hard to focus on fixing things with 1000 people on your backside all the time thinking it is an easy job.

None of this changes the fact that removing our ability to see the number of people required for a dungeon is a solution in search of a problem...
  • nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    How about we get a fix to Runestead? How long has that weekly been broken now?
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Yeah dungeons crash and ques suck...been that way since beta.... What I want to know is when are they gonna give Returning Players some Shared Bank slots like everyone else... and don't say to 'scroll down". Returning players from 2014 seem to be blacklisted from sharing "Old School Valindra Gear"... it must be OP...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Being someone that works with code, I completely agree with your rational argument that just because a fix hasn't made it live doesn't mean it's not being worked on.

I do however find it amusing that you think there are 1000s of people on the dev's backside making it hard for them to focus. The devs have maybe 1-2 people that might possibly be on their backsides. They're called bosses.

The devs aren't sitting around reading our rants and raves all day long.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Over all I still like playing in Barovia and Ravenloft. I love what the developers have done thus far with module 14. I found it humorous they decided to put the blinders on the ques now, because obviously people see loading 15 out of 25 and quit knowing they are heading into Tiamat. I actually like Tiamat because it is a challenge and we MUST educate others how to play it properly. This and Merchant Prince are just confusing new players and they are disoriented but we are their teachers. I was in MPF and you have time to talk and ask, "Does everyone understand this skirmish? If you don't, time to ask questions is now." So much of the blame of this falls on the players who don't ask and others who don't teach.

I know the developers are hard at work on the instance problem, in my opinion it is not game breaking as there is a work around for now. I look forward to enjoying it much more once they fix it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • chadd02chadd02 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Went from 10 min to finding a CR group on TR to over 2 hours. Thanks!