test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft: Free Gear

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
My advice about this Vistani gear; I picked up the package from Esmeralda by the well in Barovia. Three of my eight have grabbed it and out of the three; Stardust my TR who was pretty close to jumping to 10K IL and did become 10K just barely. She is not using the weapons and some of the artifact items, as they don't cut it against the Chult weapons I ranked up in the last few months. She is wearing the head, chest, arms, and feet but the pants and shirt are no better than my drowcraft I already have on her. I just disabled their features so they don't ruin the appearance of the costume. Also I replaced all the rank 6 enchantments with ranks 7 and 8.

The three artifacts (Bad Luck Charm, Broken Mirror, Tarnished Locket) are a joke at best. They are stuck at blue quality, have no functional powers, and only supply a bonus of +277 stat. Unless someone can tell me a real use for these soon, they will just get pitched like so many bag of holes.

My CW Llorna was first on the scene and pulled all the rank 8 enchantments and used them to replace any rank 7 she was wearing. The clothes, weapons, etc. went into her bank. While Dirk my DC, did the same his enchantments were at rank 6 (which I assume the first is only rank 8) I banked his items as well and plan to salvage them for AD later. Meanwhile Dirk is working on getting the much better armor from the seals of the brave. The first 400 will net him a pair a of Raid boots. Ugly? Yes. Then I plan to transmute the armor into something more appropriate.

My final advice is this; Fresh or New level 70s should run straight to Barovia and get this gear, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. There is no grind, you get it handed to you. Then you can return to the campaign you are working on at present. However if you already been through Chult and have Pilgrim or League armor it is roughly the same you will not progress more than a few points in IL and stats. I don't plan on spending the whole of the Ravenloft campaign grinding RP for gear over again. My advice to veteran level 70s would be, to cash this in for salvage, or if you like the fashion, pay 5000 AD per item to use it as a transmute.

It is real nice of the developers to just hand us these items without the grind. I am enjoying this campaign greatly, once all the kinks and bugs are worked out, I will enjoy hunting too. The story is wonderful and the content is great. Have fun!
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    If anything the new armors are good for salvage. Not to mention, if you are not going to be getting any of the new artifact equipment sets, you can buy the salvage crates to gear your alts, as there is not another use for the barovian coins.
  • brewofamazinessbrewofamaziness Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I like the artifacts in the kit but will end up replacing everything else because I am quickly learning that they are apparently "noob trash" and I am supposed to throw them away into refinement points. I also have Bruenor's Helm which I might upgrade to Legendary and keep...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm holding on to those artifacts in case they do something with them, but I think they are just for "fresh 70s" who don't have 4 artifacts yet, just to use as placeholders. I also thought it was quite weird that they supplied neck and belt when most people use artifacts in those slots.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @kreatyve This is from another thread talking about gear:
    adinosii said:

swamarian said:

Are those good for anything if you already have a full set of artifacts?

As far as I know they are utterly useless.

Of course, if I was an evil-minded developer, I might add a quest, say a year from now, to turn those into real, working artifacts....and yes, require the Promisory note too. ;)
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

adinosii said:

swamarian said:

Of course, if I was an evil-minded developer, I might add a quest, say a year from now, to turn those into real, working artifacts....and yes, require the Promisory note too. ;)
    That would be hilariously evil. :) I like it!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

adinosii said:

swamarian said:

... way too evil if you ask me.

I tend to hoard stuff like this anyhow, like Makos' ring which I doubt I will ever use.

I have sold Promissory Notes on the AH for like 20k AD
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2018

kreatyve said:

adinosii said:

swamarian said:

... way too evil if you ask me.

I tend to hoard stuff like this anyhow, like Makos' ring which I doubt I will ever use.

I have sold Promissory Notes on the AH for like 20k AD
    Mako's ring is very special to me because I care about XP reward. It is the only ring I know that gives you an utility slot.
    I made sure all my capable toon to do SKT enough to get that ring. I use it everyday for all my toon (that has it). There is loadout. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'm still holding my promissory note's but at least they stack; the useless artifact's you can't even upgrade...

Well I did toss them likely similar to 95% of the others who did. If they don't even give a reason to hold onto them or even imply they may later be further unlocked, I can't see why most aren't just going to the trash bin. I mean it's only been 2 years since promissory note were offered, and still no reason or items you can trade them for them. But yet people are still selling them for 7-9k Astral Diamonds - yet if they are eventually used for something many will be sad they got rid of them. Still I think if anything it's likely only going to require a promissory note's.

The Artifact would be a SAD state if they later let you change them into a different artifact; because then they should have shown Reagents or future items that should be required. That's why I think 99% have mostly trashed them unless they had an ALT who didn't already have a blue artifact.

SAD but TRUE.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Rumors are the next module (15) will be Waterdeep, maybe you can use the promissory note there? Then again, I thought Ravenloft was suppose to come out back when they did Maze Engine. I will roll a D20 and see what we get for mod 15... I got a 17, looks promising, maybe the next mod is Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.
    wb-cenders.gif