test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Public queueing

alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'm a 14k tr....Public queueing for fbi and tong....You can't get a game going....Who wants to sit and wait for hours!!!!....For fbi....Only to have a couple party members leave immediatly cause they dont like the party...Unable to replace them...Can't invite....Another hour waisted...Back in queue....What a waist of time!.....You need to let us invite in public queue!!!!....Straight up this is killling the experience....I mean....What is the prolem with allowing us to complete our runs?....Why all these frankly idiotic rules on the queueing system?....Same with the "Abandon instance" button...That needs to disappear altogether!...Or need a unasnimous vote....Grrr...As long as one feel like he wants to keep on trying....He should be able to replace the quitters and carry on....Not everyone has hours upon hours to re-try....It might be your only try of the day....Sabotaged withouth being able to do a thing about it!....It is killing the experience....What is the idea?

Allow us to invite in public....Kill the "Abandon instance" button.....Kill the 1/2 hour penalty for leaving....They want to leave?....Let them leave!....Dont penalise everyone for a couple quitters!....Dont know who tought a abandon button was needed in this game....Real genius!!!!

It is killing your fanbase and the game....If your not 15 or 16k sw gwf gf dc or op....You cant get a run in these new zones.....Elitist bs!!!!!

Can't get a run going!!!!!Waist of time and $!
What a mess of a system...So irritated by it!
What is the idea?

Moderator edited case of all the SHOUTING.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    The idea is, that these dungeons get filled via random que, so you will get ppl who did enter for the AD, not for the dungeon. Furthermore, the min IL is total BS. Sure, a premade can do it at min IL and a group of well geared and build players can carry a few 11k players in FBI or Tong.

The abandon instance button is there, to quit, if the group is not able to complete the dungeon. You want an example? I entered a FBI run via random que at Hatti. Obviously the first tank had thrown the towel. The group was bad and the DC kept dying in the first 2 minutes of the fight. The only way, to finish him was the use of some revive scrolls and stones of health after ca. 30 minutes and with 3 players as spectators. There was no chance, that this group could ever kill the 2nd or the 3rd boss. so we abandoned the instance.

Enter a guild or make some friends otherwise. We carried some 11-13k players in Tong or FBI multiple times. 3 Good players are all it takes, to make the run not unbearable. Otherwise build your own group in lfg chat.

Sorry, to disappoint you, but the other players value their own time, too. If they think, that a dungeon is a waste of their time bc of the other group members, they are allowed, to leave. Maybe some of them are quitters, as you call them, but maybe some of them have a better understanding of this game, than you do and simply know before they start the run, if this group will be able to finish the dungeon they entered.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2018

I'm a 14k TR....public queueing for FBI and Tong....you can't get a game going....who wants to sit and wait for HOURS!!!!....for FBI....only to have a couple party members leave IMMEDIATLY CAUSE THEY DONT LIKE THE PARTY.

Well, quite frankly, it makes no sense to use the public (random) queue for ToNG. One reason is that the Random queue enforces the tank/healer/dps/dps/dps group makeup, which is generally sub-optimal for ToNG. A second reason is that the only people that queue up for ToNG like that are those who cannot get into a premade group easily.

That generally means people that somewhat undergeared or do not have a reputation as great players and an extensive friend list.

If you are in that category - yes, it sucks, in particular if you are a TR, as they are the "least wanted" DPS class. The cold, hard fact is that the supply of 17-18K GWFs and HRs exceeds the demand for DPSers in ToNG - and you cannot really blame other players for wanting to run with a strong team. Nobody wants to soend an hour or two on a dungeon when they could have finished in 20 minutes with a better team.

A part of the problem is that you really don't have a way of seeing how good or experienced people are - you can see some indications - if you see people with full exalted/vivified gear, you know they have managed to run ToNG/CoDG a number of times, but that's about it - you cannot really tell just by looking at someone whether they have 4000+hours of experience playing that character or if they just opened their wallet and basically bought their way to BiS.

For this reason people rely on IL to give them an indication of how "good" someone is, and unfortunately, that makes things tough for people in your position.

The best thing you can do is to focus on guild/alliance runs (which are normally less "elitist") and continue improving your character.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,165 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    My own directive is: don't do public queue (as party with people I don't know instead of pre-made and then do RQ) unless I can solo it or almost solo it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Its frustrating but its mainly a problem with iL as stated above.

My only successful FBI run was kind of ridiculous. The first party we had killed about 60% of the first mob group and then 2 quit. I called in reinforcements and we killed the first and second group, then a player quit [this is after 15 mins].

The third group we got to the turtle and I had to tank it with shield up - fine no problem.

Then at the final boss I got caught out and died with the mob at 60% health and got lagged off as if I wasnt there! That made me smile.

After about ten minutes they killed the final boss.

The red splat zones in FBI overlap so fast, and theres so many mobs to avoid on the hill climb its hard to stay alive. But then its also a great challenge.

EVeryone knows FBI, MSP and above shouldnt be in random epic queues. I feel for your pain.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I never stay for FBI and mSP on a weeknight. I wait a few seconds to see if anyone abandons first. If not, then I take the penalty. I don't have time on a weeknight for a one-hour run, which is usually the case for me when I pug these. On a weekend, I can be persuaded to stay if the party average is 14K and there is a DC.

You really should pre-make groups for FBI and mSP, or be very patient with queuing alone.
  • alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I agree Adinosii...the public queues rigid composition really makes it very difficult to succeed in TONG...
    ...that i'd have to say that the makers should have worked a little harder to make every class usefull/equal in the new content!...very discriminatory!

I liked all the answers...they were all neutral in tone and showed a desire to help...thanks all!...

...save for "Asterog's...

..."other people value their time too"...well then these people should stay away from the public q...do private...they are certainly not "saving" time by queue...leave...queue...leave...u might need 5 attempts before they have a party that will carry their butts!....they are the ones polluting the process...not heroes...a guy like PHIL DA PAYNE is a real HEROE!...(not a friend)....he tanks...is top dps...you never hear him complain about this and that....he adapts to any situation (party) and gets the job done! if you don't have that attitude...you should stay AWAY from public queue...for HEROES only!...

..."they are entitled to leave"....yes...that is why they should kill the penalty for leaving!....no one cares if you leave....just dont want to scrap the whole run for it....anyone that has class anyway understands that and ask to be kicked...there no penalty for that!...

..."...maybe they understand the game better than you..." lol....no they dont...so by your hilarious logic...inspecting players and quit if they see anything less thasn 15k is "understanding the game?....that's not understanding the game....that's being the very source of pollution in the queue system....a guy who drives a Ferrari is not necessarely a better driver than the guy who drives a Mazda3...such a TERRIBLE logic!

I'M OFTEN/USUALLY THE LAST DPS LEFT AND FINISHING RUFFI (BECAUSE OF THE TRs EXCELLENT SURVIVABILITY...(FEW CAN SURVIVE "WINTER'S CHORUS" WITHOUTH ICE)...EVEN TOUGH I WASN'T LEADING IN DPS! I solo Kessel...16 min....elol 21 min...Tuern 12 min...2 man wolf...3 man cn...typically with 1 or 2 soulforged "death" and thats cause im usually 1st in the pile....i take a lot of 17ks on these 2 man runs....and I have to revive them...you can buy a gear score...judging a player like that is so short sighted!

YOUR MESSAGE DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING FRIEND!....THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THE PENALTY FOR LEAVING...AND GET RID OF THE "VOTE TO ABANDON" BUTTON....YOU CAN LEAVE WITHOUTH CANCELLING THE WHOLE EFFORT!....ITS A POINTLESS/UNFAIR BUTTON!

P.S.
    I'm Mannu Swifty...and i ll back up any feat i claim here!...and I know for a fact that not all 17k s are able to solo epic dungeons!
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I'm a 14k TR....public queueing for FBI and Tong....you can't get a game going....who wants to sit and wait for HOURS!!!!....for FBI....only to have a couple party members leave IMMEDIATLY CAUSE THEY DONT LIKE THE PARTY...unable to replace them...can't invite....another hour waisted...back in queue....what a waist of time!.....YOU NEED TO LET US INVITE IN PUBLIC QUEUE!!!!....straight up this is killling the experience....I mean....WHAT IS THE PROLEM WITH ALLOWING US TO COMPLETE OUR RUNS?....WHY ALL THESE FRANKLY IDIOTIC RULES ON THE QUEUEING SYSTEM?....SAME WITH THE "ABANDON INSTANCE" BUTTON...THAT NEEDS TO DISAPPEAR ALTOGETHER!...OR NEED A UNASNIMOUS VOTE....grrr...AS LONG AS one FEEL LIKE HE WANTS TO KEEP ON TRYING....HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO REPLACE THE QUITTERS AND CARRY ON....not everyone has hours upon hours to re-try....it might be your only try of the day....sabotaged withouth being able to do a thing about it!....it is KILLING THE EXPERIENCE....WHAT IS THE IDEA?

ALLOW US TO INVITE IN PUBLIC....KILL THE "ABANDON INSTANCE" BUTTON.....KILL THE 1/2 HOUR PENALTY FOR LEAVING....THEY WANT TO LEAVE?....LET THEM LEAVE!....DONT PENALISE EVERYONE FOR A COUPLE QUITTERS!....DONT KNOW WHO TOUGHT A ABANDON BUTTON WAS NEEDED IN THIS GAME....REAL GENIUS!!!!

IT IS KILLING YOUR FANBASE AND THE GAME....IF YOUR NOT 15 OR 16K SW GWF GF DC OR OP....YOU CANT GET A RUN IN THESE NEW ZONES.....ELITIST BS!!!!!

CAN'T GET A RUN GOING!!!!!WAIST OF TIME AND $!
    WHAT A MESS OF A SYSTEM...SO IRRITATED BY IT!
    WHAT IS THE IDEA?

Everybody else and me was busy playing Protector's Jubilee. Now that it is over, try again. that's what I'm going to do.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I agree Adinosii...the public queues rigid composition really makes it very difficult to succeed in TONG...
    ...that i'd have to say that the makers should have worked a little harder to make every class usefull/equal in the new content!...very discriminatory!

I liked all the answers...they were all neutral in tone and showed a desire to help...thanks all!...

..."other people value their time too"...well then these people should stay away from the public q...do private...they are certainly not "saving" time by queue...leave...queue...leave...u might need 5 attempts before they have a party that will carry their butts!....they are the ones polluting the process...not heroes...a guy like PHIL DA PAYNE is a real HEROE!...(not a friend)....he tanks...is top dps...you never hear him complain about this and that....he adapts to any situation (party) and gets the job done! if you don't have that attitude...you should stay AWAY from public queue...for HEROES only!...

..."they are entitled to leave"....yes...that is why they should kill the penalty for leaving!....no one cares if you leave....just dont want to scrap the whole run for it....anyone that has class anyway understands that and ask to be kicked...there no penalty for that!...

..."...maybe they understand the game better than you..." lol....no they dont...so by your hilarious logic...inspecting players and quit if they see anything less thasn 15k is "understanding the game?....that's not understanding the game....that's being the very source of pollution in the queue system....a guy who drives a Ferrari is not necessarely a better driver than the guy who drives a Mazda3...such a TERRIBLE logic!

I'M OFTEN/USUALLY THE LAST DPS LEFT AND FINISHING RUFFI (BECAUSE OF THE TRs EXCELLENT SURVIVABILITY...(FEW CAN SURVIVE "WINTER'S CHORUS" WITHOUTH ICE)...EVEN TOUGH I WASN'T LEADING IN DPS! I solo Kessel...16 min....elol 21 min...Tuern 12 min...2 man wolf...3 man cn...typically with 1 or 2 soulforged "death" and thats cause im usually 1st in the pile....i take a lot of 17ks on these 2 man runs....and I have to revive them...you can buy a gear score...judging a player like that is so short sighted!

YOUR MESSAGE DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING FRIEND!....THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THE PENALTY FOR LEAVING...AND GET RID OF THE "VOTE TO ABANDON" BUTTON....YOU CAN LEAVE WITHOUTH CANCELLING THE WHOLE EFFORT!....ITS A POINTLESS/UNFAIR BUTTON!

P.S.
    I'm Mannu Swifty...and i ll back up any feat i claim here!...and I know for a fact that not all 17k s are able to solo epic dungeons!

The leaver's penalty is there for a reason. If you remove it there is potential for abuse. Some players will leave group after group, looking for the "Perfect Run".
    edited June 2018

P.S.

Out of curiosity, if you are THAT good, why dont you have an overcrowding friends list with ppl who want to run with you?

TBH I dont know you and I dont know your skill, but I know that many of the groups forced into FBI or MSP by RQ are not able to complete it, period. How I know it? Bc I was grouped with these ppl. A 11k OP getting one shotted constantly, a DC dying 3 seconds into every fight or DPS who deal 1/2 of the dmg of a BUFF DC.

This weekend I joined RQ with 2 friends. We entered a MSP run. The former group did disband after more then 2 1/2 hours at the 2nd boss. We where done with him in a few minutes and with the rest in due time. Sure, you can get a decent group in RQ, who are able, to finish a difficult dungeon and maybe even in good time, but most likely, you dont. You can be sure, that I would have left the "2 1/2 hour" group much earlier.

I do give ppl the benefit of the doubt, but RQ is what it is. DPS who deal no DPS. DCs who play so bad I wonder, why ppl like michaela take the time, to write these wonderful guides, when obviously 90% of the community dont bother, to know their class or their classes mechanics at all. OPs who should be near to immortal getting one shotted left and right.

I dont need ppl to carry my HAMSTER, bc I play for some time and my chars are well geared, quite the contrary. If I would like to attempt a solo FBI run, I would do so and if I end up with a group, that struggles, to kill the first group of mobs, I look at their gear and the charts, then I can decide, if I want to try the run or leave. BTW I take the penalty and abandon the instance on my own. I voted to abandon the instance just once, when we all agreed, that keeping up the run with this group would be futile.

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I did FBI last night, 3 left, 3 new and better came, we had an abandon instance vote, the vote failed and about 2 hours later we killed Drufi on the second try. Mission accomplished. By the way, I died 75 times, which is not my record. The next time it'll be better, I'll have 4 Orange companions, including the 2 I had last night.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    asterotg said:

I do give ppl the benefit of the doubt, but RQ is what it is. DPS who deal no DPS. DCs who play so bad I wonder, why ppl like michaela take the time, to write these wonderful guides, when obviously 90% of the community dont bother, to know their class or their classes mechanics at all. OPs who should be near to immortal getting one shotted left and right.

@kreatyve can I get my account name changed to @michela123 please?
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    rjc9000 said:

asterotg said:

I'm sorry, that name is already taken. (and like, we don't have power to change names here, this is not Discord)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    rjc9000 said:

asterotg said:

Sorry, I just remembered your guide and the name from the funny cartoon. I did not want to use Sharp as the go to guy for guides and theorycrafting, again.