test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW help

xkagearashixxkagearashix Member Posts: 32 Arc User
so, was doing some research on the CW, found a lot of various forums where they said that CW is a fairly easy class to solo. Granted I'm only around lvl 6 or so but finding it difficult especially when theres mobs of more than 3 as at lower levels don't have a lot of AoE and finding I burn through health pots like crazy... I've never been really big on melee toons, my best toon right now is my 22 HR as I prefer playing ranged

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Before engaging in battle, use your ranged powers e.g. Conduit of Ice on Mastery, to get the chill stacks and damage going. Use it on the strongest mob so that it lasts and has an AoE for the other mobs.

At lower levels, your best bet is to isolate a few mobs at a time, either through repel or freezing through ray of frost, while you kill the other mobs one by one.

Dodging is also very important, you have to position yourself at a distance usually (until you get Icy Terrain), and you can also time your dodge to avoid attacks if you know the animation of the mob your are facing.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    vordayn said:

Before engaging in battle, use your ranged powers e.g. Conduit of Ice on Mastery, to get the chill stacks and damage going. Use it on the strongest mob so that it lasts and has an AoE for the other mobs.

At lower levels, your best bet is to isolate a few mobs at a time, either through repel or freezing through ray of frost, while you kill the other mobs one by one.

Dodging is also very important, you have to position yourself at a distance usually (until you get Icy Terrain), and you can also time your dodge to avoid attacks if you know the animation of the mob your are facing.

He's level 6 he can't do that. He has to use what is available and current his best power is Chill Strike. Use that along with Ray of Frost to freeze your enemies. That should freeze 1-2 and the 3rd one shouldn't be an issue.

I do recommend checking out Sharps guide on the CW mechanics.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Silly question, but are you using your teleport when appropriate to avoid damage? Many enemies have slow and/or predictable attack patterns, and your teleport has more invulnerability frames than it might appear.

Also be sure to keep your weapon upgraded as you start to level, and grab a companion when you can. If you b> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > Before engaging in battle, use your ranged powers e.g. Conduit of Ice on Mastery, to get the chill stacks and damage going. Use it on the strongest mob so that it lasts and has an AoE for the other mobs.
    >
    > At lower levels, your best bet is to isolate a few mobs at a time, either through repel or freezing through ray of frost, while you kill the other mobs one by one.
    >
    > Dodging is also very important, you have to position yourself at a distance usually (until you get Icy Terrain), and you can also time your dodge to avoid attacks if you know the animation of the mob your are facing.
    >
    > He's level 6 he can't do that. He has to use what is available and current his best power is Chill Strike. Use that along with Ray of Frost to freeze your enemies. That should freeze 1-2 and the 3rd one shouldn't be an issue.
    >
    > I do recommend checking out Sharps guide on the CW mechanics.

The guide on CW mechanics is going to be even further removed from this player's experience at that point (well, he/she could be lvl 70 by now, but anyway).

Vordayn's advice is sound and pretty much universally applicable. Besides, most players stay level 6 for what, about 5 or 10 minutes?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    vorphied said:

Silly question, but are you using your teleport when appropriate to avoid damage? Many enemies have slow and/or predictable attack patterns, and your teleport has more invulnerability frames than it might appear.

Also be sure to keep your weapon upgraded as you start to level, and grab a companion when you can. If you b> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

> Before engaging in battle, use your ranged powers e.g. Conduit of Ice on Mastery, to get the chill stacks and damage going. Use it on the strongest mob so that it lasts and has an AoE for the other mobs.

>

> At lower levels, your best bet is to isolate a few mobs at a time, either through repel or freezing through ray of frost, while you kill the other mobs one by one.

>

> Dodging is also very important, you have to position yourself at a distance usually (until you get Icy Terrain), and you can also time your dodge to avoid attacks if you know the animation of the mob your are facing.

>

> He's level 6 he can't do that. He has to use what is available and current his best power is Chill Strike. Use that along with Ray of Frost to freeze your enemies. That should freeze 1-2 and the 3rd one shouldn't be an issue.

>

> I do recommend checking out Sharps guide on the CW mechanics.

The guide on CW mechanics is going to be even further removed from this player's experience at that point (well, he/she could be lvl 70 by now, but anyway).

Vordayn's advice is sound and pretty much universally applicable. Besides, most players stay level 6 for what, about 5 or 10 minutes?

You don't stay low level that long. It is why I recommend him to check out Sharp guide. As he levels he will definitely want to read what in that guide to improve his play as a CW.
This discussion has been closed.